+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: The VikINg League

The game is almost finished.
    I'm making a map at the moment for the last update; finishing in 1819...
    My inkwell

The Viking League Finished!

Vinland: The White Falcon Of Ragnorok (crashed)

WritAAR of the week 16/11/2008

well, I'm happy , also a bit sad about this screenshot ... First game ever that I finished (in EU3)

last update today or tomorrow ...
    My inkwell

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urcules View Post
    well, I'm happy , also a bit sad about this screenshot ... First game ever that I finished (in EU3)

last update today or tomorrow ...
    Wheres the "it is the 19 centruy whatever crap!?"
    _[]_ Look at my special hat!!!!!!!!

rvf e3xs0odei8a8 Wow. Spellin my name with my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by rexodia48 View Post
    Wheres the "it is the 19 centruy whatever crap!?"
    I am playing (well, was playing) the Terra Nova mod.

I'll put it in the update, if you're emotionally attached to it
    My inkwell

It's the 19th century and ...
    just kidding.

Home

Four centuries of growing Vinlandic emperialism. Four centuries further and further away from Vinborg. Far horizons, strange and exotic people, all united under the banner of the Viking League. Foreign nations either respect of fear Vinland, or both. All, but the nominal leader of the catholic church, Stefanus IX.
    A foul creature that cared for little more than it's next meal.
    Stafanus refused president Lilfur Eriksson's plea for a new crusade.

Lilfur Eriksson was a man that was caught more than once contemplating over past Viking glory. One man in particular caught his attention: Bohemund I of Tarentum, a Norman king of Southern Italy.

Bohemund, born around 1058 a.d., was a brilliant military leader who went on a crusade packed with experience. He fought the Byzantines in the Balkans for years, until he was beaten by Alexius Comnenus (who demanded western help against near the end of the century).
    His name became immortal during the siege of Antioch, where his band of men scaled the walls.

Dreaming of such glory, Eriksson requested for the papal demand for a crusade against the Mamluks, who had controlled the Holy Land for centuries.
    When Eriksson went to Rome in 1806 in person for his plea, the pope -who had eaten too much- didn't even bother to get off the toilet to receive the president.

Two months later, Stefanus found himself in gaol and Rome under Viking control. Eriksson was on his way to the Eastern Mediterranean.

This was the situation early 1807:

War was declared on The Mamluks, and it didn't take any heroic year-long sieges to subdue Judea. To secure a future for a seperate state, the war was expanded to Syria.

In May, Beirut and Aleppo were handed over by Syria. With this success, Eriksson returned to Vinland for the elections. Unfortunately for him, he died on the journey home. Vice-president Erik Ansgard won the elections in July and followed the path taken by the late president.

As religious fanatics kept flocking the army, Vinland had no trouble putting its military technological lead to practice. The army steamrollered Egypt. Unfortunately, Egypt was as war with Tripoli, who interfered with some sieges, taking cities right in front of the Viking noses. General Wermund Egilsson didn't care much for any distinction between heathens, and invaded Tripoli when he reached the Egyptian-Tripoli border.
    Syria, jumping in to defend Tripoli was soon annexed.

Dulkadir shared Tripoli's fate. The Ottoman realm and the Timurid empire both joined in against 'Christian dogs', infidels.

In 1811, Tripoli (and Haasa) surrendered.

In 1813, The Ottoman Empire surrendered the city Bohemund had fought so many times, before he conquered Antioch in its name.

In the same year, the Mamluks surrendered to president Gunnar Rikardson (vice-predent taking over from Ansgard, who died after being hit by a stray bullet).

Once the Timurids gave up the fight, the crusades was a complete success.

With these victories, the future of the Middle East was in the hands of the president...

In 1815, the new 'Holy Country' was donated to a newly installed patriarch, a new patriarch for a new Catholic nation.
    To commemorate the birth of the Patriarchate, Vinland donated this painting of Bohemund at Antioch to the Patriarch.

In the next five years, war was fought with the Mamluks (who renounced their claims eventually), Ashanti (handing over the treasury), Mali, Oman (who ceded Al Hasa and Qatar), Granada (who ceded Almeria and Gibraltar; creating an Icelandic empire stretching from the Pyrenees to Guinea).

By 1821, not only the political future of Vinland and the League members had been secured by centuries of warfare and diplomacy, so had their faith.
    Last edited by Urcules; 24-02-2009 at 10:11.
    My inkwell

Does any of the muslim nations get any bonuses for taking Rome since the catholics get bonuses for Mecca, which to my knowledge has no signifcanse to christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweboy View Post
    Does any of the muslim nations get any bonuses for taking Rome since the catholics get bonuses for Mecca, which to my knowledge has no signifcanse to christianity.
    I didn't get one (which I don't really understand ...), why should they
    My inkwell

Cisr vetkch Slovkov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Well, a fine work, sir! Congrats on this one's completion!
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Knigreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ohho, hard times for the Patriarch of Jerusalem since only 99% of the population is muslim.

You got extra missionaries and a diplomatic + prestige bonus for taking Mecca. My question was does a muslim nation get such a bonus for Rome as it is the hub of the catholic church.

Blog Entries
    it ends on a good note.
    GO JAPAN!

Quote Originally Posted by demokratickid View Post
    Well, a fine work, sir! Congrats on this one's completion!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Ohho, hard times for the Patriarch of Jerusalem since only 99% of the population is muslim.
    looks like there's room for a spin-off

Quote Originally Posted by Sweboy View Post
    You got extra missionaries and a diplomatic + prestige bonus for taking Mecca. My question was does a muslim nation get such a bonus for Rome as it is the hub of the catholic church.
    Quote Originally Posted by balkanite View Post
    it ends on a good note.
    yeah, apart ffrom the badboy wars for taking so much from the Timurids, and it was land I gave away immediately.
    My inkwell

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

nice, congrats on finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattabesta View Post
    nice, congrats on finishing.
    Thanks! I hope you enjoyed it a bit. It was the first EUIII game ever that I finished.
    (although I was hoping for a surprise party when someone finishes an AAR )
    My inkwell

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    57 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Congrats on finishing. I can't remember posting while you were still working on it, but I have enjoyed it very much.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Qorten View Post
    Congrats on finishing. I can't remember posting while you were still working on it, but I have enjoyed it very much.
    Gee, thank you ever so much.
    My inkwell

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks like the Timurids didn't put up much of a fight...

The Patriarchate is a nice conclusion for your AAR, congratulations! Any plans for the next one?
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The April AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    Looks like the Timurids didn't put up much of a fight...

The Patriarchate is a nice conclusion for your AAR, congratulations! Any plans for the next one?
    no, they were refilling their generation 1.0 muskets with gunpowder when they were mowed down by my regulars.

The patriarchate is completely different from the rest of the AAR, the Vinlanders have evolved from outcasts, on the brink of extinction, almost destroyed by walrushunters if it wasn't for that one ship blocking the strait to cross to Vinborg, to freedom-loving, democratic-principle upholding, selfish religious fanatics with a huge 200 strong fleet.
    Also, one of my best maps.
    I have been thinking about a all-map AAR, but that would be too much work.

maybe a non-historical next, two Vinlandic histories, are a bit too much, something that merely describes the game. perhaps.

I'm thinking of testing some mod and writing about it. We'll see. any suggestions are welcome of course.
    Last edited by Urcules; 02-03-2009 at 20:27.
    My inkwell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16