• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's a sentence I never expected to see in my life... :rofl:

KUTGW, sir! D

it is a bit abstract yes :D
although you can find more about historical Viking raids on Iberia :)
http://viking.hgo.se/Newsletter/NEWS3.pdf

Also, I must apologise to people that my updates are a bit basic. I mean I am concentrating more and more on the game, as it is getting further from any realistic alternative to history. Although I like to think of some princes that they are deformed megalomaniacs, of which there are a few historical examples I think :)

Last edited:
although you can find more about historical Viking raids on Iberia :)
http://viking.hgo.se/Newsletter/NEWS3.pdf

Also, I must apologise to people that my update are a bit basic. I mean I a concentrating more and more on the game, as it is getting further from any eralitic alternative to history.

Thanks for the link! Well, as long as we get updates whatever you do is fine with me! :D

ok, here's the thing ...
some years after the latest update, I think about starting a war with France for that one province in Brazil Ilheus or something, worth 2% in negotiations.
Somehow, those fecking French manage to stay at war exhaustian naught percent having a few "nouveau France"-provinces occupied by me and 93% blockade, while they somehow get me to 12% in four years, occupying nothing! (and winning no battles, and maybe a few minor seabattles of 3 ships or something (my fleet is about 160 pieces)). I got to 25% war score, they still wouldn't give Ilheus to me.
Can someone explain me how I should take on such a war, avoiding WE, and inflicting as much as possible?

The war before France (I'm not telling who) went fine, them at 17% me at 0.12%.

[HeavyFrenchAccent]Exhaustion? Impossibe! I fart in your general direction![/HeavyFrenchAccent]

:rofl:

Well, perhaps it has something to do with army size? Or maybe they have secret colonies that feed them troops... IDK, ask in the main EU forum...

Check if the French have any colonies in Africa, attacking those would be a cheap alternative to increase your WS.

They do, and they have some in SE asia and Australia.
I took the latter ... effect: none
I'm regretting peacing out with siena and croatia. I should have taken a 100% score on them, so the score on the alliance would be slightly better.
Come to think of it, I've had a revolt on one of those islands I took from them ... probably that's what's bugging me

I don't suppose that there's any way that you could post your Vinland "mod" to the Terra Nova Mod in the forums. It looks like the best one that I've seen so far. Also, quite honestly, it just looks really fun!

Great AAR by the way!

I don't suppose that there's any way that you could post your Vinland "mod" to the Terra Nova Mod in the forums. It looks like the best one that I've seen so far. Also, quite honestly, it just looks really fun!

Great AAR by the way!

I have, it should be somewhere to find in the first post.
beware that's the edition of more than a month ago. I have been editing along the way. And, don't be mistaken, sometimes there are flaws, like having to fight with maurician infantry for 120 years, only solved by editing the savegame.

But, I'll put up (update) what I've got as soon as possible.

Thanks for your comments, and yes, it is quite fun. but once you're in control of america, it gets a bit more tedious.

Diamonds’R’us

Both Castille and France held a small area in America (or Leifland), making up the only European presence there.
To avoid long strung out wars, the league needed a stronghold with a land connection to large chunks of Castillian or French possessions in Africa or Asia.
In the late 17th century, a lot of African cities looked just like this on a busy day:
2256647-Djenne_Market_Day-Mali.jpg
Mali, just south of the Sahara Dessert, had become the richest nation in the world in the past few decades and was experiencing some sort of golden age. At least there was funding to construct defences and large (mud) buildings
p9.jpg
p8.jpg
mud-mosque-djenne-750.jpg

The reason for all this was trade in a very special commodity:
_44286819_06lesotho_diamond_pa.jpg

Mali had great strategic potential for the league, as it was a neighbour of Castille, it was right across the Atlantic ocean opposite South Leifland. Former Portuguese Cabo Verde was already Vinlandic and served as a naval base.

In May 1669 Tollak Sigurdsson, Prince of Vinland and overlord of the Viking League declared war on Rwanda and all of its allies, including Mali. Due to the relative short distance, troops were easily transferred to the African coast. At the end of the first winter, one year after the start of the conflict, the Second Battle of Brakna broke the spirit of Mali.
EU3_75-1.jpg
Neighbouring Segu succumbed to the League and for Mali it was but a question of time.
In October 1672 the great city of Djenne fell, half a year after Timbuktu. By the treaty of Cabo Verde Mali handed over the entire west coast, including the cities more land inward that homed the world’s largest diamond mines.

Sigurdsson commanded Yngling Leifson, victor of Brakna to clear the area of patriots and issue total control in the name of the league. Duke Olav VI of Ísland would receive the conquests as a mandate, to increase the strategic position of Iceland, and its military and economical might.
mali.jpg

The league was now within striking distance of Castille and would be target number one, were it not that an opportunity arose…

Last edited:
Looks like I've forgotten the battle picture, and used 'strung out' twice in one sentence...
edited!

Nice to see the prince giving Iceland some land, Iceland and Greenland have so far been a bit short-changed in the league.
I'm planning for Iceland to be very important in wars in Northern Africa or Europe.
Greenland got rich carribean islands and some of the venezuelan area.

I also noticed recently that Fljótland has a colony on Kamtchatka

And, really, I'm only waiting to conquer and create 'Normandy'. What's in a name eh

Castille shall die slowly or quickly?

They would be first target, but something other opportunity arises.

But, eventually they'll receive a DoW in their mailbox.
Any ideas on strategy?

Last edited:
I'm planning for Iceland to be very important in wars in Northern Africa or Europe.

That gives a whole new meaning of Iceland :rofl: