• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mosley? Feh. The man's too dumb to be an effective champion of Nazism. I propose Sir Arthur Nonymous "Shady" Darkhorse, 8th Baronet Darkhorse of Dunknowim (Family motto: "Glory is fleeting, obscurity is forever"), who is currently Minister of Obscure Administrative Minutiae and treasurer at the Nobodies Club. *nods* You can't get much darker and horsier than that.

Mosley? Feh. The man's too dumb to be an effective champion of Nazism. I propose Sir Arthur Nonymous "Shady" Darkhorse, 8th Baronet Darkhorse of Dunknowim (Family motto: "Glory is fleeting, obscurity is forever"), who is currently Minister of Obscure Administrative Minutiae and treasurer at the Nobodies Club. *nods* You can't get much darker and horsier than that.

What about the Earl of Er, so obscure his family does not even have a motto, and whose ancestors may have fought without any kind of distinction whatsoever at the battle of Wherethehellarewe, (possibly) in Wales?

Or Charles Baron of Whatthefug, whose father died at the Somme, whose grandfather died at Spioenkop, whose grandgrandfather died at Iswandlwana, and thus this great line of warriors, which goes till the first Whatthefug, the Anglosaxon heroe killed at Hastings.

Family motto: "In victory, killed; in defeat, massacred".

Or Charles Baron of Whatthefug, whose father died at the Somme, whose grandfather died at Spioenkop, whose grandgrandfather died at Iswandlwana, and thus this great line of warriors, which goes till the first Whatthefug, the Anglosaxon heroe killed at Hastings.

Family motto: "In victory, killed; in defeat, massacred".

So where do you propose Charles Baron should die?

This line of thought reminds me of the Monty Python "Upper Class Twit Of The Year" sketch.

"My father was a Cabinet minister and my mother won the Derby"

What about the Earl of Er, so obscure his family does not even have a motto, and whose ancestors may have fought without any kind of distinction whatsoever at the battle of Wherethehellarewe, (possibly) in Wales?

I thought Wherethehellarewe is in Australia, just south of Willysgoddarillylongdong. They must have named it after the Welsh place, then. :confused:

Also, the Python bit is from the "Village Idiots" sketch, and goes "father was Home Secretary...". Misquoting the Great Ones is blasphemy, and you know who deals with cases of blasphemy. :p

Right, I think that's enough dicking about and making a mockewy of Le Jones' wespectable and wefined AAW with our tomfoolewy and widiculous wibald wepawtee.

Some very interesting developments. I would love to see the situation in India sorted out in a relatively amicable fashion. Independence for the sub-continent is probably inevitable in the long run but perhaps close ties can be forged and maintained.

BTW, that Picard scene you referenced from First Contact is one of my favorites. I love it when Patrick Stewart gets all dramatic and his stage background comes to the fore.:cool:

"The line bust be drawn heah!"

My money is still on Mosley so far (it'd be interesting to have Halifax overtaken from the Right, and to see Mosley from a totally different perspective), but I'm sure LeJones will somehow pull a real darkhorse backbencher from his top hat that will have us rush for encyclopedias to check on who the Hell the guy was (and then regret the distinguished gentleman didn't play a more prominent role in OTL Britain).

Last edited:
For a real long shot - David Lloyd George?

He actually made a pretty effective speech against Chamberlain which helped Churchill in OTL. As an elder statesman he could be the stalking horse which drives the waverers in the Conservative Party to contemplate webellion against Halifax.

You know, I can already see the HOI2 section of AARland in a couple of months: This one, AFs one, mine and perhaps three others, all narrative, are the only AARs going on....:(

well i'll be staying here. i dislike hoi3.

IMO, it'll take a few expansions and some heavy modding before HOI3 can produce the gameplay needed for AARs as epic and engrossing as those of AF, trekaddict, or Le Jones. I'm sure the people reading your AARs won't go all "ooh shiny" at the sight of HOI3 and abandon you. :)

IMO, it'll take a few expansions and some heavy modding before HOI3 can produce the gameplay needed for AARs as epic and engrossing as those of AF, trekaddict, or Le Jones. I'm sure the people reading your AARs won't go all "ooh shiny" at the sight of HOI3 and abandon you. :)

Yeah, judging by past releases of sequels we'll see a flood of gameplay AARs start up in HOI3 but the move for narrative stories will be slower. Partly because those are longer term projects. At any rate, I think HOI2 has still got a little life left, due in no small part to the aforementioned AARs and others like them.

Hell, I will go all "Ooh, shiny, who needs sleeping hours after all". :D
I can't wait for August the 28th, when HoI3 will finally storm the FNAC stores!

The one mod I'm really, really looking forward to, though, is a time expansion patch allowing to cover 1936-1963 (or beyond) with new techs and above all new events. The HoI3 game mechanics seems great, the battles look challenging, the research system looks improved, so why should peace break out in 1948? Unfair! :(

But well, I'm sure Trekkie's right, the HoI2 sub-forum will change. Gameplay addicts will probably jump to HoI3 standard, if only to get acquainted with the game and gather some useful advice. Us grumpy Narrationists will plod on, though!

You know, I can already see the HOI2 section of AARland in a couple of months: This one, AFs one, mine and perhaps three others, all narrative, are the only AARs going on....:(

Look at it this way: the lifetime-commitment AARs die hard.

I for one do it for the money and the adoration of Swedish fan girls. No wonder I've been sorely disappointed ever since! ;)

You remind me of a friend of mine: "God's gift to women" he calls himself.