+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 101 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2583

Thread: The King's First Minister - a UK AAR

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Friend View Post
    But well, I'm sure Trekkie's right, the HoI2 sub-forum will change. Gameplay addicts will probably jump to HoI3 standard, if only to get acquainted with the game and gather some useful advice. Us grumpy Narrationists will plod on, though!
    Indeed. Mind you, when I first came to AARland, I was into gameplay too, but not anymore.
    "That's right, Adolf. The British are coming." - The Eleventh Doctor
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 08/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Who cares for HOI3? I'm dying for an update!

"Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (7) [Actualizado 01/08/2014]

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    Who cares for HOI3? I'm dying for an update!

Working on it...

Oh wait, this isn't AAO!
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 08/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -

Europa Universalis IV

I for one do it for the money and the adoration of Swedish fan girls. No wonder I've been sorely disappointed ever since!
    French....

"Look behind you Mr Caesar !" Atlantic Friend's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDiplomacyHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2

At my favorite pub, swirling AAR ideas around...
    Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    French....
    Hey, we know how it ends up when Germans start doing things "to create a better world", mind you.

Keep your better world, I'll keep the dough and Swedish babes.

Europa Universalis IV

Hey, we know how it ends up when Germans start doing things "to create a better world", mind you.
    That last guy was an austrian.

When a German creates a better world, we end up with the world being led from No.10 Downing Street instead of the white house!

Mind you, you will not like what I have in mind for a certain French War hero....

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Well, the two Europeans who did most for achieving "the European Union" (Nappy and Adolf) weren't Germans either of them...
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (7) [Actualizado 01/08/2014]

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    Well, the two Europeans who did most for achieving "the European Union" (Nappy and Adolf) weren't Germans either of them...
    Nope, but Germans sure took an important role in both occasions (boo to you, side-changing Prussians, BTW!).

Victoria 2

When a German creates a better world, we end up with the world being led from No.10 Downing Street instead of the white house!
    Starting with beer and apfelstrudel and ending up with tea and crumpets. Talk about building up a better tomorrow!

Europa Universalis IV

Starting with beer and apfelstrudel and ending up with tea and crumpets. Talk about building up a better tomorrow!

Anyhow, you probably won't talk to me if you see what I am about to do to this guy.

Victoria 2

Anyhow, you probably won't talk to me if you see what I am about to do to this guy.

This guy being a traditional punching ball, I'm not sure the shock value can be that great, actually. The challenge is to "execute" him in a credible way.

Europa Universalis IV

This guy being a traditional punching ball, I'm not sure the shock value can be that great, actually. The challenge is to "execute" him in a credible way.
    I think I managed to think of something special.

I enjoy pissing him off in my "Presidents" AAR. It's fun coming up with different ways to give him the middle finger.
    "In America, anybody can be President. That's one of the risks you take."
    -Adlai Stevenson

The Presidents: The Vietnam War Edition
    President of the United States in 1962: Henry M. Jackson (Democrat-Washington)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    I'm somewhat amused by the hatred of DeGaulle. Especially as he turned out to be mostly having the right ideas, while Roosevelt and Churchill were wrong.
    "Man is free; but his freedom does not look like the glorious liberty of the Enlightenment; it is no longer the gift of God. Once again, man stands alone in the universe, responsible for his condition, likely to remain in a lowly state, but free to reach above the stars.."
    -Jean-Paul Sartré

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
    I'm somewhat amused by the hatred of DeGaulle. Especially as he turned out to be mostly having the right ideas, while Roosevelt and Churchill were wrong.
    Obviously that's what cannot be forgiven!

It's what I love about LeJones' KFM. I get acquainted with characters I practically never heard about and who therefore have the ability to surprise and/or disappoint me in every chapter. They keep me on edge! It reminds me of my first viewing of "Usual Suspects" - a cast full of dark horses, and the feeling absolutely anything could happen.
    Last edited by Atlantic Friend; 13-08-2009 at 21:25.

Due to his unwanted involvement in Canadian politics, there is no evil that anyone has ever perpetrated against him in any AAR to him that even comes close to what he truly deserved... Hell is a much too nice place for him to rot...
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=330098

One Royal Navy Fancookie from trekaddict.

Fat Cat Public Servant Sir Humphrey's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Pride of Nations500k club

Bah humbug to HoI3. The only thing I'm chuffed about is that Eden is an available HoG in it.

The King's First Minister needs an update!
    Showcase of the Week March 30, 2004 - The Australian Lion.
    Writer of the Week March 6, 2005 - Under the Crimson Skies.
    Writer of the Week May 29, 2005 - The Sacred Grove of Britannia.
    Showcase of the Week January 17, 2006 - Under the Crimson Skies.

He might have had the right ideas, but sadly he didn't have a great personality to go with them.
    "In America, anybody can be President. That's one of the risks you take."
    -Adlai Stevenson

The Presidents: The Vietnam War Edition
    President of the United States in 1962: Henry M. Jackson (Democrat-Washington)

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jones View Post
    FDR (a man I struggle to like)
    Glad it's not just me.

So Viceroy Ironside, could be interesting, as has been said the bar is so low he'll be a 'success' of some sort as long as outright rebellion doesn't set the nation ablaze. Certainly sending a succession of self-professed 'thinkers' hasn't worked, it's worth trying a 'doer' as Viceroy on those grounds alone.

And for CdG, a Petain apologist put it best "It's easy being a hero in exile". There were plenty of French heroes in the war, CdG was not one of them but blagged like a trooper to pretend he was.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - "An an insane project of terrifying detail". The finest slower-than-real-time AAR on the board. Updated 16th June with hot and spicy dirigible action and all the exploding airships you could ever ask for.

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. Winner of Two AARland Choice Comedy Awards - Round 4 2011 and Q2 2014. Hats! Generals! Spitting! New Characters! It's all happening in Slovakia. Updated 20th August 2014.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by El Pip View Post
    Glad it's not just me.

So Viceroy Ironside, could be interesting, as has been said the bar is so low he'll be a 'success' of some sort as long as outright rebellion doesn't set the nation ablaze. Certainly sending a succession of self-professed 'thinkers' hasn't worked, it's worth trying a 'doer' as Viceroy on those grounds alone.

And for CdG, a Petain apologist put it best "It's easy being a hero in exile". There were plenty of French heroes in the war, CdG was not one of them but blagged like a trooper to pretend he was.
    Then I trust you follow it? Because if you do you will not be disappointed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 101 126 ... LastLast