• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gela1212

custom luser title
99 Badges
May 11, 2008
  • Sengoku
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
Game: EU: Rome v. 1.3 with extended time mod
The Point: I thought I would try my hand at this :D
Starting Year: 2 AUD
Written By: White Cleitus' son Aramaxos
Covering: The history of Macedonia after Alexander's death.

Chapter 1: Foothold​

Forgive dear reader, I may be a general, but my tutor of writing was old of age and he expired only a year after he set to teaching me. I am son of White Cleitus, a captain under Alexander. Alexander brought Macedonia to a point of international ownership, however his death brought the quest for each of his generals to become "The Strongest" as Alexander put it. I am now general of the New Hope Armus, the strongest army in all of Macedon. Anyhow, enough background information, I know you are eager to hear my tales of bloodshed.

OOC: On a side note, I have actually not started the game this is based off of yet, so expect updates to be slow starting off.

Now, be forewarned, this is going to be oddly insane. Around the year seven, Phiodas ordered the siege of Sparta. Now, we all thought that with an army of 4,000, Sparta would fall easily. She didn't. Now at this time, my friend Pailos came up to me, and told me that our army would lead against Sparta. He proclaimed that our final count of heads was 16,000. As one new to battle, this sounded perfect. Anyhow, I marched my men to lap against the 4,000 heavy Spartans. They decimated us. Like the battle at Thermopylae, we won, but they killed almost 5,000 head. I was ordered to hold at the capital for a long time, and I became restless. Finally the order came to assault the city, but with so few cavalry, the army was repelled. We held in the province for another five months before the order came to assault again. This time, the walls breached at the concentration point, and we took the country. Phiodas then annexed Sparta, ruining his alliance with Epirus. We then took a white peace with Crete, hanging on to our alliance with the peoples of Bithynia. I was ordered to march the army back to Macedonia, we were to fight Barbarians.

Read on, you will find your answers. Now, it turned out the barbarians weren't barbarians. They were Illyrians. My men thought this mistake funny, but Phiodas did not. Were the people of Illyria insane? Assassinating our technology magistrate, like that does you any good. We engaged them west of Macedonia in the province of Scodra. It was a long battle, but our heavy infantry finally slaughtered the 6,000 head of garrison. We held onto Scodra for two months before the capital collapsed. We never even had to assault the city. Now, my men were becoming loyal to me, I thought this dangerous as the Consul may want to bring me back home, make me captain of the garrison or something along those lines. So, I treated them cruelly for the next two weeks as we marched to Dardania. My captain by the name of Sardus came up to me, speaking as if we were in grave danger. Another 4,000 head at Dardania? Our forces weren't prepared for forest fighting in the first place. I separated the group into two parts. The Right was made of our heavy infantry and cavalry, which would hold the back, while The Left was made of Archers and Hypasists, who would make advance. This made the army much more suited for forest fighting, or as the men called it, "A taste of the North".

Alexander wished that Craterus would inherit, the ones who wished his death only wished to hear "Kratisto" or "Krat'eroi. :D
One of the greatest mishearings of history. :rofl:

Our army marched forward, destroying everything in its path. That was of course, until we reached the thick forest in Dardania. Our men charged forward, but their inability to fight in foliage was their downfall. Only one of my companies displayed experience. Sardus and his men of the Hetairoi charged through the thick bushes, using their shields as sickles. They drove away the foliage by just holding equipment. After reaching the enemy, they slaughtered in full. Almost 2,000 head were killed before the Hypasist unit under Pailei came to the fore. I am lucky I created The Right, for just abandoning those men as a temporary garrison(to be picked up later) would have led to my rear slaughter. The enemies' cavalry was charging through a weak concentration on my left side which had been drained by archers. Once they exited the forest, however, my heavy infantry came to them and slaughtered them with our 16 foot sarissas. By now we had gotten to the city, and The Right began to file into a marching formation of fifty shield breadth. As we assaulted the once-barbarian province, the peasants revolted just to our south. What anger filled me at this moment! After besieging the city, we had to peace with Illyria early to put down the revolt. Our work did not go to waste, however, we did gain Dardania, but Scodra had to be returned to the Illyrians. Now this time I was assured we were fighting barbarians, so I began to march back to Macedonia.

It was true, the barbarians had risen in Paeonia. Our army decimated them, and my captains were about with an aura of courage. May I proclaim that Zeus was with us this moment! We won so victorious, not even a whole hundred head was killed on our side. We sent colonists out to Paeonia to take advantage of the glaring weakness in the barbarians on the country side. I looked over my shoulder to see the lands we had covered, but what caught my eye first was a Courtier or Cortus Imperias.

Sorry for the delay, I am just having so much fun doing my IN gameplay AAR. I should do a gameplay for this :D

To the story

Chapter 2: Patience

The man delivered a message, then fearing for his life ran off into the distance. I slowly opened, fearing grave news. Phiodas wanted me back to the capital, he was relieving me of duty! I read on and of course, they were going to switch me out. At least, I looked and it turned out it was for my acting general Thidodas Omerxes. This was definitely a good move on Phiodas' part, because many of the companies were loyal to him. I gave him the grave news and sent him off back the Macedonia. I also received a charming letter informing me about the La De Polik, a new army Phiodas was forming to put down rebels. At least I wouldn't have to march my army back home, at least I thought so. I was sent forward to prepare the death sentence of the Maedian barbarians. We were chancing that they would pit themselves against me, if they did, it would open up a chance to colonize.

gela1212 said:
Sorry for the delay, I am just having so much fun doing my IN gameplay AAR. I should do a gameplay for this :D

That would be nice! Good update! I like what you've got going here.

We stood in Maedi for a long time, almost a month. Soon Phiodas' patience got weary and he told us to march back to Paeonia. However, while we were marching back, a massive horde of barbarians, which was poorly organized, charged me and my men. We were not in Phalanx position, so we had to assume a shoving match with our Sarrissas pointing straight in front. All seven thousand head of the enemy died, and we sent a colonist group to begin building a city in Maedi. Mission accomplished. The men were uneasy, so I made a speech about the common goal of our mission, and I gave out grants that I had earned from the king. For Sardus I gave a twenty-five cubit farm, and for Palei and his brother Palos I gave a small group of serfs. Tomorrow wouldn't bring anything, we were resting, finally.