+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jon F. Zeigler View Post
    Superb work, Helius.
    Thank you! I am glad you like it, and that it works for you.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by gabor View Post
    1) as a catholic emperor i should be happy or at least indifferent that catholic palatinate attacks just converted (bishopric-grabbing) meinz; yet so as not to lose prestige (and my chances to be voted the next emperor) i have to help the new protestant duke, even if i don't do anything palatinate gets beaten as the network of guarantees is so dense in the hre and they are binding even if the ruler converts (not plausible imo); i signed white peace yet my relations with the palatinate plummeted, also they no longer support me as the next emperor; a month after the war catholic tier (that had just fought to protect meinz) dows meinz and obviously i lose another elector.
    As dharper said, we cannot break guarantees (although my most recent experiments with the AI were promising in that respect).

As for the auto-guarantee, that is hard-coded, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gabor View Post
    On a side note i had a feeling that rebels were/are more powerful in SRI (lowel fort-levels, faster sieges) in the integrated SRI-MMP it's much harder for heretics or peasants to successfully siege a prov, revolutionaries and pretenders in opms (or two-prov minors) seem a bit more lucky; thinking of MMP2, wouldn't it effect some of your concepts, helius, connected with religious strife or peasant revolt?
    I think fort levels in MMP2 will basically be back to normal.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatich View Post
    In my recent Brandenburg->Prussia game I annexed Bremen (which was Hanseatic president) while having core on it. Some years later I was asked to release Bremen or face a virtually unbeatable alliance led by Hamburg. While I find Hanseatic wars a major improvement to the game I still think it needs some tweaking. I had most of (if not all) big 7 countries plus many more allied with Hamburg and had no other option than to release Bremen. I think it would be more realistic if alliance would not include countries that had no interest in Hanseatic League or at least I was warned some time before this attack so I had a chance to do a preventive strike or prepare for this overwhelming force. I must say though, that in my Bavaria game Hanseatic force was not so overwhelming so may be it's a matter of bad luck. Also this report should be taken with a bit of salt as I did use MMP+SRI instead of pure SRI.
    This event used to be, "Hello, we are the Hansa alliance, and we are now at war with you!" The option to give up the province was added at the behest of players.

The alliance is completely plausible, in that it includes people who have axes to grind with you, and are therefore more than eager to align themselves with the Hansa.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    I have a suggestion concerning annexation of Electors inside the Empire without claims on its territory. Shouldn't it be enough to put the country to the ban of the Empire and, thus, have the Emperor gain Events or, even, decisions to intervene directly against this?

In my Imperial current game, the Palatinate has aggressively annexed Mainz during a big Empire-wide war and I, as Emperor, have no means to reestablish it according to the provisions of the Golden Bull. Even if I have it released by peace treaty, which I did, it has lost its Elector hat and I am, now, at 6 Electors.

I find the situation rather odd, as in real life the turmoil caused by such an annexation would be huge, especially for the Palatinate.
    That is an interesting suggestion, definitely worth while considering.

As for the lost electorship, by SRI rules, the Reichstag should be busy looking for a replacement, right about now; and countries that are former electors are first in line for readmittance.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Paradox Unofficial Poker Brat Drakken's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    That is an interesting suggestion, definitely worth while considering.

As for the lost electorship, by SRI rules, the Reichstag should be busy looking for a replacement, right about now; and countries that are former electors are first in line for readmittance.
    Excellent for the second part. Will they prefer a Spiritual Lord, since Mainz was one?

I must admit that, being Protestant and having put Toleration as Religious policy, I am guilty of this as I have force-vassalized Köln in a defensive war, and changed its religion to Protestant to secularize it. Oddly it became a Duchy, instead of remaining a Prince-Bishop, although secularized. But I am Emperor, the Palatinate wasn't.

For the first part, however, is there a way to make the AI learn that annexing an Electorate is usually is a big no-no? After all, the Imperial constitutions protect the Electors by giving them proeminence, so the punishment should be severe, just like Frederick V of the Palatine dealt with when he got himself elected as King of Bohemia under Ferdinand of Styria's nose.

So, what devious scheme do you have in mind?

Also, I saw something weird playing, I see AI Electors going to the Reichstag voting for or against the advice of the Empire, but not the player. Was it a regular check to test how the AI electors will vote?

As dharper said, we cannot break guarantees (although my most recent experiments with the AI were promising in that respect).
    Can you elaborate on this more?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Does the latest update (which I presume is 4.1) include the latest Ad Infintium update?
    "So little done, so much to do." - Cecil Rhodes on the Day of his Death, 1902

Excellent for the second part. Will they prefer a Spiritual Lord, since Mainz was one?
    Not merely prefer. It has to be a spiritual one, so that are three (under Golden Bull rules).
    The electors that were converted to the 'wrong' government form should, however, attempt to revert to their original, theocratic government as soon as they can.

Is there a way to make the AI learn that annexing an Electorate is usually is a big no-no?
    Hard. If we give them protect and befriend strategies per hardcoding, this may have unwanted consequences in other areas, especially during the Reformation.

Also, I saw something weird playing, I see AI Electors going to the Reichstag voting for or against the advice of the Empire, but not the player. Was it a regular check to test how the AI electors will vote?
    It isn't a vote, but a maintenance event for electors' relations with other, plus miscellaneous flag clean-up and variable updating. For that reason, the player is not 'invited'.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Can you elaborate on this more?
    The 'protect' command seems to be crucial in determining whether an AI nation will issue a guarantee.
    But this works only in a positive way: Give a high 'protect' value, and see the AI guarantee another.
    But a low or non-existent 'protect' value does not preclude a guarantee.
    'Antagonize' seems to pretty much rule out a guarantee, but it is too powerful to be used casually. And 'threat'/'rival' should also not be used casually, since it can cement in time outdated relations assessments (like France still seeing an OPM Burgundy as a major rival).
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Does the latest update (which I presume is 4.1) include the latest Ad Infintium update?
    Yes.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

The 'protect' command seems to be crucial in determining whether an AI nation will issue a guarantee.
    But this works only in a positive way: Give a high 'protect' value, and see the AI guarantee another.
    But a low or non-existent 'protect' value does not preclude a guarantee.
    'Antagonize' seems to pretty much rule out a guarantee, but it is too powerful to be used casually. And 'threat'/'rival' should also not be used casually, since it can cement in time outdated relations assessments (like France still seeing an OPM Burgundy as a major rival).
    Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood what you meant -- I had thought you had somehow found a way to detect and get rid of guarantees which was very intriguing indeed.

I agree completely on your assessment of threat/rival-- this is exactly the same effects I was seeing today when balancing the alignment mod. As an anecdote, the Ottomans had become hostile to Novgorod (at the time a proto-Russia) early on, but Novgorod self-destructed and retreated to the Baltic. But because I was reinforcing those threat/rival values by 5 every year, the Ottomans maintained hostile relations towards a nonentity far longer than they ever should have because they still considered them a rival and a threat even though they were hardly either. So I ended up dropping those effects as well, leaving just befriend & antagonize now and protect only for small countries befriending big ones (the big will protect the small).

I'm less sure about the effects of antagonize. Does this cause warnings? Why do you say this should not be used casually?

Paradox Unofficial Poker Brat Drakken's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helius
    Not merely prefer. It has to be a spiritual one, so that are three (under Golden Bull rules).
    The electors that were converted to the 'wrong' government form should, however, attempt to revert to their original, theocratic government as soon as they can.
    Well I am still waiting after ten years. Thankfully I have constantly mustered three-four votes from the rest of the Electors even after a badboy war after being Framed, thus making myself a hereditary Emperor in all but name. However, I find I am totally incapable of raising Imperial power, perhaps because I am Protestant. I could have even lost the High Court because the modifier is gone in Nassau.

Also, reading the manual about Parliaments, I find it odd that these events can fire only when you are a Constitutional Monarchy. All monarchies had Parliaments, even for rubberstamping their decisions. The more absolute the monarchy, the less often they were summoned and the more obedient they were, but they were still there and could still be a nuisance.

So I was wondering if Parliaments could be summoned even when not a Constitutional Monarchy, even if it means to extend it to Feudal and Administrative monarchies. For these, a event could fire asking you if you'd like to summon Parliament because you need funds, or because there are pressures coming from either burghers or aristocrats (depending on the scale) to summon Parliament.

The parliaments in SRI simulate popularly elected ones, not the estatist assemblies you get in those other government forms you mention.
    It might be a nice addition, though.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I'm less sure about the effects of antagonize. Does this cause warnings? Why do you say this should not be used casually?
    In my experience with the Hansa, when I give Portugal an antagonize value of 50, they will inevitably declare war on one of the Hanseatic Cities. With bigger countries, it will take a higher value for antagonize, but as a DOW against the Hansa draws in at least one more major country (the Emperor), and often Britain, this was too much of an impediment to Portugal's efforts at colonization.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Thankfully I have constantly mustered three-four votes from the rest of the Electors.
    Oh! So there are seven electors. In that case, the old elector will not be brought back, unless another one will be annexed or will lose its electorship.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Ignatich, thank you so very much for your painstaking bug-fixing efforts! I have repaired all genuine bugs you found, including the event 610.
    You are welcome, I'm glad I could help such an impressive project.

But I'm not done yet, so here is another bulk of fixes

Code:
    --- HRE_Imperial_Institutions.txt	Sun Jul 12 11:40:34 2009
    +++ HRE_Imperial_Institutions.txt	Wed Jul 15 01:33:20 2009
    @@ -6728,7 +6728,7 @@
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 1.2
    -			overlord = { is_emperor = yes }
    +			owner = { overlord = { is_emperor = yes } }
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 2.5
    @@ -6993,7 +6993,7 @@
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.5
     			owner = {
    -				NOT = { culture = THIS }
    +				NOT = { primary_culture = THIS }
     				NOT = { accepted_culture = THIS }
     			}
     		}
    @@ -7141,7 +7141,7 @@
     			limit = {
     				knows_country = THIS
     				OR = {
    -					placed_merchants = 12
    +					total_merchants = 12
     					trade_income_percentage = 0.50
     					num_of_cots = 1 # fixed
     				}
    @@ -7446,7 +7446,7 @@
     		}
     		define_ruler = {
     	                name = "The Prince-Regent"
    -			regency = yes
    +			regent = yes
     			female = no 
     			DIP = 3
     			ADM = 4
    Code:
    --- HRE_Emperor_Responds.txt	Sat Jul 11 22:53:22 2009
    +++ HRE_Emperor_Responds.txt	Tue Jul 14 23:30:26 2009
    @@ -642,16 +642,20 @@
     		months = 1200
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.5
    -			AND = {
    -				NOT = { ai = yes }
    -				NOT = { check_variable = { which = hre_standing value = 40 } }
    +			owner = {
    +				AND = {
    +					NOT = { ai = yes }
    +					NOT = { check_variable = { which = hre_standing value = 40 } }
    +				}
     			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 1.5
    -			AND = {
    -				NOT = { ai = yes }
    -				check_variable = { which = hre_standing value = 80 }
    +			owner = {
    +				AND = {
    +					NOT = { ai = yes }
    +					check_variable = { which = hre_standing value = 80 }
    +				}
     			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
    @@ -660,43 +664,63 @@
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 2
    -			NOT = { check_variable = { which = rogue value = 40 } }
    +			owner = {
    +				NOT = { check_variable = { which = rogue value = 40 } }
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 2
    -			check_variable = { which = rogue value = 80 }
    +			owner = {
    +				check_variable = { which = rogue value = 80 }
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 1.25
    -			check_variable = { which = rogue value = 120 }
    +			owner = {
    +				check_variable = { which = rogue value = 120 }
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.5
    -			check_variable = { which = rogue value = 160 }
    +			owner = {
    +				check_variable = { which = rogue value = 160 }
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 1.2
    -			NOT = { badboy = 0.2 }
    +			owner = {
    +				NOT = { badboy = 0.2 }
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.98
    -			badboy = 0.2
    +			owner = {
    +				badboy = 0.2
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.96
    -			badboy = 0.4
    +			owner = {
    +				badboy = 0.4
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.94
    -			badboy = 0.6
    +			owner = {
    +				badboy = 0.6
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.92
    -			badboy = 0.8
    +			owner = {
    +				badboy = 0.8
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.9
    -			badboy = 1
    +			owner = {
    +				badboy = 1
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.9
    @@ -721,12 +745,16 @@
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 1.5
     			EMP = { idea = deus_vult }
    -			religion = catholic
    +			owner = {
    +				religion = catholic
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.67
     			EMP = { idea = deus_vult }
    -			NOT = { religion = catholic }
    +			owner = {
    +				NOT = { religion = catholic }
    +			}
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.9
    @@ -1075,10 +1103,10 @@
     				NOT = { has_building = guardia_real }
     				owner = {
     					num_of_cities = 4
    -					OR = {
    -						culture = THIS
    -						is_core = THIS
    -					}
    +				}
    +				OR = {
    +					has_owner_culture = yes
    +					is_core = THIS
     				}
     			}
     #			revolutionary_rebels = 1
    @@ -1092,8 +1120,8 @@
     			limit = {
     				owner = {
     					num_of_cities = 8
    -					NOT = { culture = THIS }
     				}
    +				has_owner_culture = no
     				any_neighbor_province = { NOT = { owned_by = THIS } }
     			}
     #			revolutionary_rebels = 1
    @@ -1271,10 +1299,10 @@
     				NOT = { has_building = guardia_real }
     				owner = {
     					num_of_cities = 4
    -					OR = {
    -						culture = THIS
    -						is_core = THIS
    -					}
    +				}
    +				OR = {
    +					has_owner_culture = yes
    +					is_core = THIS
     				}
     			}
     #			noble_rebels = 1
    @@ -1300,8 +1328,8 @@
     			limit = {
     				owner = {
     					num_of_cities = 10
    -					NOT = { culture = THIS }
     				}
    +				has_owner_culture = no
     				any_neighbor_province = { NOT = { owned_by = THIS } }
     			}
     #			noble_rebels = 1
    Code:
    --- HRE_FreeCities.txt	Fri Jul 03 00:18:27 2009
    +++ HRE_FreeCities.txt	Wed Jul 15 01:52:08 2009
    @@ -1755,11 +1755,11 @@

modifier = {
     			factor = 0.75
    -			owner = { NOT = { merchants = 5 } }
    +			NOT = { merchants = 5 }
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 1.33
    -			owner = { merchants = 5 }
    +			merchants = 5
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.9
    @@ -2211,11 +2211,11 @@
     		months = 9
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 1.25
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.67
    +			merchants = 5
     		}
     	}

@@ -2269,11 +2269,11 @@

modifier = {
     			factor = 0.9
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 1.33
    +			merchants = 5
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.5
    @@ -2625,11 +2625,11 @@
     		months = 4
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 1.2
     		}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.9
    +			merchants = 5
     		}
     	}

@@ -3686,12 +3686,12 @@
     				owner = { remove_country_modifier = sponsoring_a_kontor }
     			}
     			add_country_modifier = {
    -				name = hanseatic_league_declines
    +				name = "hanseatic_league_declines"
     				duration = 365			
     			}
     		}
     		add_country_modifier = {
    -			name = hanseatic_league_declines
    +			name = "hanseatic_league_declines"
     			duration = 365			
     		}
     		any_country = {
    @@ -3834,7 +3834,7 @@
     			}
     			random_owned = {
     				limit = { THIS = { ai = yes } }
    -				set_country_flag = un_befriend
    +				owner = { set_country_flag = un_befriend } 
     			}
     			random_owned = {
     				limit = { owner = { ai = yes } }

Also a question:

Code:
    # IMA adds a core

country_event = {

id = 116300

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "IMACALL"
    	desc = "blank"

option = {						#ok
    		name = "blank"
    		ai_chance = { factor = 100 }
    		random_country = {
    			limit = { has_country_flag = target_of_imperial_war }
    			random_owned = {
    				limit = { has_province_flag = trigger_IMA }
    				add_core = THIS
    				capital = THIS
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    What "capital = THIS" is supposed to do here?

Many thanks for the scope fixes!
    "capital = THIS" is supposed to move the capital to the province.
    I am pretty sure that "regency = yes" is correct (both as a trigger and as a command/parameter). I use it all the time.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Many thanks for the scope fixes!
    "capital = THIS" is supposed to move the capital to the province.
    But it's country event so THIS is not valid as province id.

EDIT: Ah you mean it's valid province effect too (capital = <tag>)? I didn't find such use in vanilla files though. Does it work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Helius
    I am pretty sure that "regency = yes" is correct (both as a trigger and as a command/parameter). I use it all the time.
    I'm not 100% sure myself. Check your own peasantswar.txt. You use "regent" there and there are places in MMP where it's regent too (including history files!).

Then we have to fix the instances of "regent" (consider it done for the peasantswar). Funny thing, though: I've seen all these guys emerge as DDR rulers, and it worked just fine. Hmmm.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast