+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 41 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

SRI makes the chance for Kings to die in battle lower.

For flagfiles, just make sure to remove the big files, flagfiles.dds and flagfiles.txt.
    Upon the next reload of the game, the flags will be read as they are present in the folder, and the files recompiled.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Quigleone View Post
    I don't see why Helius doesn't do it all the time, considering they'll have to be integrated for MMP together anyway. But maybe Helius is just lazy like me!
    I am lazy, but it is also a function of not wanting to have to change all SRI files, whenever Dharper makes changes to DG!
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    For flagfiles, just make sure to remove the big files, flagfiles.dds and flagfiles.txt.
    Upon the next reload of the game, the flags will be read as they are present in the folder, and the files recompiled.
    Sorry, so I should erase flagfiles.dds and flagfiles.txt and not include them in the download?

Edit: well it doesn't load if I remove then, so I assume I misunderstood.
    Last edited by Darkrenown; 17-05-2009 at 05:29.
    Relentless madman.

The Hanseatic League

I've started to digest all files that in someway are connected to the League. Didn't really know where to start but I picked HRE_FreeCities. Couple of questions so far:

Code:
    # expulsion of merchants

country_event = {

id = 282302

is_triggered_only = yes
    Maybe it's just the search function in Vista that's f@*!%d up, but I don't seem to find this id number in any other file. Where is it supposed to be triggered from?

Code:
    #######################################
    #     General Trade Events 282.30     #
    #######################################

# expulsion of merchants

country_event = {

id = 282301

trigger = {
    		NOT = { merchants = 5 }
    		total_merchants = 18
    This is really a small thing but since I have to rewrite a lot of the events I need to understand them. Why is it important that the nation has less than 5 merchants available?

282302 might be triggered from a decision. Have you looked there?

NOT = { merchants = 5 } is meant to reserve this event for semi-aggressively expanding countries, who do not sit on 5 merchants in their pool.

"total_merchants" includes merchants in the pool and placed in all CoTs.
    "placed_merchants" is a provincial scope that only counts merchants placed in this one CoT.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

282302 might be triggered from a decision. Have you looked there?
    At least I thought I did, but as I said, the search functions in Vista works in mysterious ways... Guess I'll have to open up and search each mission file manually.

EDIT: Found it.
    Last edited by pigglet82; 18-05-2009 at 08:49.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    0 downloads still! Perhaps I wasn't clear, that's the finished, merged DG/SRI mod. I'd have thought Don at least would have looked at it after all the asking
    Relentless madman.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

0 downloads still! Perhaps I wasn't clear, that's the finished, merged DG/SRI mod. I'd have thought Don at least would have looked at it after all the asking
    I hadn't checked this thread for a few days, awesome stuff.

Helius, when you release the next version of SRI would it be possible to note down what the changes in the common files are to more easily merge the changes into SRI/DG?

My problem is that I do not keep track of what changes I made since the last version! It would mean a lot of extra work, but if I stop developing new stuff (you'd think that point should come, some time soon), I could do it.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight

Not as hard as you'd might think, for one thing decisions and event files (so long as they don't interfere with religion particularly) wouldn't have to be checked, and you can use the compare programs for the common ones, actually I could do that myself...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome Gold

I downloaded the merge a few days ago and had a few problems getting it to run. The .mod file and the mod directory created by the extraction had different names, also everything was created write-protected. Finally several religions have the wrong icons. I've copied the religion icon files from MMP, which has the religions in the same order as DGSRI, and am off now to see if that did the trick.

EDIT: It looks like the religion icons in the merged mod are being ignored and EU3 is defaulting to the ones from the base game (where the set of religions is different)
    Last edited by Lambert Simnel; 24-05-2009 at 22:25.
    If anyone wants to use any events, decisions, etc that I post here in their mod, then feel free. All I ask is that you massage my ego by saying what you are doing with it in a reply to the thread you find it on.

"Be vewy quiet I'm hunting Wancastwians"
    - Elmer, Duke of York

I reject your fealty and substitute my own!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
    EDIT: It looks like the religion icons in the merged mod are being ignored and EU3 is defaulting to the ones from the base game (where the set of religions is different)
    Yes, that happens when you try to merge two mods that both edit graphic files. You need to manually edit the domesticpanel.gfx file and tell it which directory to look in to find the right (modded) graphics.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Over 1,100 events and decisions for over 30 religions
    Wiki
    Version 1.7.08 compatible with the Res Publica expansion
    Download available (August 23, 2014) or subscribe on Steam to get updates automatically
    Project Cryptic: 40% complete

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dharper View Post
    Yes, that happens when you try to merge two mods that both edit graphic files. You need to manually edit the domesticpanel.gfx file and tell it which directory to look in to find the right (modded) graphics.
    Thanks. It looks like, as I have synchronized the name of the mod file and directory to SRI, the following entries in domesticpanel.gfx need to be changed
    Code:
    	spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_icon_religion"
    		texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\icon_religion.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 13
    ###		loadType = "INGAME"
    		norefcount = yes
    	}

spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_icon_religion_small"
    		texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\icon_religion_small.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 13
    		loadType = "INGAME"
    	}

spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_illustration_religion_cathlic"
    		texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\illustration_religion.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 4
    		loadType = "INGAME"
    	}
    to:
    Code:
    	spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_icon_religion"
    		texturefile = "mod\\SRI\\gfx\\interface\\icon_religion.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 32
    ###		loadType = "INGAME"
    		norefcount = yes
    	}

spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_icon_religion_small"
    		texturefile = "mod\\SRI\\gfx\\interface\\icon_religion_small.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 32
    		loadType = "INGAME"
    	}

spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_illustration_religion_cathlic"
    		texturefile = "mod\\SRI\\gfx\\interface\\illustration_religion.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 4
    		loadType = "INGAME"
    	}
    and in papacy.gfx
    Code:
    	spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_papacy_bg"
    		texturefile = "mod\\Dei Gratia\\gfx\\interface\\vatican_bg.tga"
    		loadType = "INGAME"
    	}
    becomes
    Code:
    	spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_papacy_bg"
    		texturefile = "mod\\SRI\\gfx\\interface\\vatican_bg.tga"
    		loadType = "INGAME"
    	}
    If anyone wants to use any events, decisions, etc that I post here in their mod, then feel free. All I ask is that you massage my ego by saying what you are doing with it in a reply to the thread you find it on.

- Elmer, Duke of York

I downloaded the merge a few days ago and had a few problems getting it to run. The .mod file and the mod directory created by the extraction had different names, also everything was created write-protected. Finally several religions have the wrong icons. I've copied the religion icon files from MMP, which has the religions in the same order as DGSRI, and am off now to see if that did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by dharper View Post
    Here's a new version:
    http://files.filefront.com/13802226
    It seems I changed the name of one file without changing the name of the other in the version I uploaded which meant it didn't load correctly. I also coppied the religion icons from MM.
    Last edited by Darkrenown; 24-05-2009 at 23:21.
    Relentless madman.

If anyone downloaded that in the last few seconds, I just added a new version since I saw what Lambert Simnel posted and added the papency background too.
    Relentless madman.

Rome Gold

OK. I have it running now, but some Bavarian git pre-empted my plan to become imperial rival. I am trying to work out how to get him to give up his claim, but I am not sure I understand the event.

The end rival event starts like this:
    Code:
    # Unflag an existing rival
    # - left HRE, reduced to one province, became a vassal, is in regency, or has negative prestige

country_event = {

id = 1054510

trigger = {
    		has_country_flag = rival_of_emperor
    		OR = {
    			is_lesser_in_union = yes
    			NOT = { emperor = { exists = yes } }
    			regency = yes
    			NOT = { government = monarchy }
    			has_global_flag = reichsverweser
    			government = noble_republic
    			AND = {
    				has_global_flag = atage
    				OR = {
    					government = noble_republic-upper
    					government = noble_republic-lower
    					government = noble_republic-lowest
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		OR = {
    			has_global_flag = reichsverweser
    			is_lesser_in_union = yes
    			NOT = { emperor = { exists = yes } }
    			NOT = { prestige = -0.5 }
    			AND = {
    				NOT = { num_of_cities = 4 }
    				NOT = { has_global_flag = HRE_reformation_war }
    			}
    			regency = yes
    			overlord = {
    ###LOTS MORE STUFF HERE###
    It looks to me like unless one of the conditions in the first OR clause (from the 1st is_lesser_in_union = yes to the one about ATAGE governments) is true then the event can't fire, so the low prestige bit of the second OR clause won't trigger a loss of rivalship.

Is this a bug or am I reading it wrongly?

- Elmer, Duke of York

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

OK. I have it running now, but some Bavarian git pre-empted my plan to become imperial rival. I am trying to work out how to get him to give up his claim, but I am not sure I understand the event.

It looks to me like unless one of the conditions in the first OR clause (from the 1st is_lesser_in_union = yes to the one about ATAGE governments) is true then the event can't fire, so the low prestige bit of the second OR clause won't trigger a loss of rivalship.
    You need one of each OR to be true - pick any one from each.

If you've got his prestige down to below -50, you've got half of it...but you'll still need him to be a theocracy, republic, have a regency council, be a noble republic, or be the lesser partner in a personal union. In other words, nothing you really have any control over.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Over 1,100 events and decisions for over 30 religions
    Wiki
    Version 1.7.08 compatible with the Res Publica expansion
    Download available (August 23, 2014) or subscribe on Steam to get updates automatically
    Project Cryptic: 40% complete

In the new nations event file, I think in several events pertaining to the Netherlands the tag BRA (brandenburg) is used instead of BRB (Brabant).

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed in the next version!
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed in the next version!
    Also is there a reason BRA is excluded from forming prussia in the decisions file?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 41 ... LastLast