+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 40 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Well, shouldn't it be potato-hog (hyphenated, and spelled correctly)? :-)

We are existing in a virtual world, here; and one of the tried and tested conventions of naming mods is to use incorrect Latin.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

ROMANES EVNT DOMVS

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    "A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled one is truly vanquished." (On Grace and Dignity)

"Der bloß niedergeworfene Feind kann wieder aufstehen, aber der versöhnte ist wahrhaft überwunden." (Über Anmut und Würde)

- Friedrich Schiller

Quote Originally Posted by komodowaran View Post
    romanes evnt domvs

sorry, i couldn't resist.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Question about HRE expansion... you can only add provinces neighbouring HRE region? Any plan to loosen that up a bit, I simply have this thing that whenever I play (anyone except France and Ottomans) that I simply need to dismantle France and Ottomans and add the minors under my Imperial cloak. And adding Sopron is much less rewarding if I cannot add Szolnok or Banat as well. Not to mention Toulouse. At least give us Charlemagne borders as alternative history option.

Other than that, this be the bestest of the bestest mods for EU3. I've tried MMP, but its much less rewarding and a combo of a resource hog and memory leek that slows down to total stop and eventual CTD on my computer.

Also, love the 'Hide provincial decision you'd never do' national decision. I'd also suggest an addition to national decisions that I've seen in one other mod, can't recall where though. 'Turn down national decision' for every decision you can pass to remove from the list those you are not interested in in your current game.

Also, there should be some ability to allow lower rank governments to switch to higher rank regardless of historical outcome if they grow to a certain size, either by conquest, diplomacy or colonization. I had a Duchy of Milan / Duchy of Italy that was the emerging New Roman Empire (much to do with decisions to dismantle France and Ottomans) yet could not achieve kingdom status.

My two cents.

Again and again, the bestest mod for EU3 I've tried so far, looking forward to whatever additions you make to it.
    There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain.

Charles André Joseph Marie De Gaulle

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

First, thanks Helius for such a great mod. The work you've done is remarkable, and much appreciated.

Regarding the formation of the Netherlands...

Does the human player get the event if he/she meets the criteria? It's 1512, and I'm the only dutch nation (BRB) with two or more provinces (6.)

I'm still Catholic, which I know hurts the chances of the event event firing. However, Antwerpen, Utrecht, and Limburg are Reformed, while Breda, Brabant, and Vlaanderen are Catholic (my provinces.)

Before I change to Reformed and break my wonderful alliance with France, who has inherited Burgundy, and now borders me at Artois/Vlaanderen, I need to know if the event fires for a human player. Not to mention that my AAR would be ruined!

Also, NED cores were added on 1500.1.2. Are they permanent, or do they drop after 50 years? Meaning, if I become the Netherlands, do I have until 1550, or 50 years from becoming NED to controll those provinces?
    Last edited by Mad_bugger; 07-05-2009 at 17:11.
    To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownbeard View Post
    Question about HRE expansion... you can only add provinces neighbouring HRE region? Any plan to loosen that up a bit?
    No, sorry, not really. The only exception is Italy, where the HRE historically had encompassed the entire peninsula.

This is mostly a matter of discouraging an "HRE Blob"

Other than that, this be the bestest of the bestest mods for EU3.
    Thank you!

Also, there should be some ability to allow lower rank governments to switch to higher rank regardless of historical outcome if they grow to a certain size, either by conquest, diplomacy or colonization. I had a Duchy of Milan / Duchy of Italy that was the emerging New Roman Empire (much to do with decisions to dismantle France and Ottomans) yet could not achieve kingdom status.
    Italy will be added in the next version.
    Other than that, though, titles and ranks were astonishingly fixed in actual history, and were not adjusted to the real power the country held.
    Some of the entities in the HRE that were technically the highest-ranking were insignificant by the 1700s, and some that were quite important rank low (Margraviate of Brandenburg, for instance).
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_bugger View Post
    First, thanks Helius for such a great mod. The work you've done is remarkable, and much appreciated.
    Thank you very much!

Regarding the formation of the Netherlands - Does the human player get the event if he/she meets the criteria? It's 1512, and I'm the only dutch nation (BRB) with two or more provinces (6.)
    Yes, you will.

I'm still Catholic, which I know hurts the chances of the event event firing. However, Antwerpen, Utrecht, and Limburg are Reformed, while Breda, Brabant, and Vlaanderen are Catholic (my provinces.)
    Individual provinces don't help, sorry. It is all about the state religion.

Before I change to Reformed and break my wonderful alliance with France, who has inherited Burgundy, and now borders me at Artois/Vlaanderen, I need to know if the event fires for a human player. Not to mention that my AAR would be ruined!
    Oh, the dilemma! Honestly, I would attempt to keep on France's good side, even if that means sacrificing the chance of becoming NED; unless the Emperor is quite strong and can protect you.

Also, NED cores were added on 1500.1.2. Are they permanent, or do they drop after 50 years? Meaning, if I become the Netherlands, do I have until 1550, or 50 years from becoming NED to controll those provinces?
    While a country does not yet exist (or does no longer exist), the timer is off. And you can never lose cores that are in your culture group, so you have all the time in the world, except with the Wallonian provinces. There, it should be 50 years from the founding of the Netherlands.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Helius, thanks for your prompt reply!

To spice things up a bit, I converted to Reformed. The Netherlands events fired eventually.

I have another question regarding accepting cultures.

I took advantage of Austria's war against the Emperor (League of Wien,) and seized two Wallonian provinces.

I have 8 total provinces. All eight have cores. Cultural breakdown:

Dutch (2)
    Flemish (4)
    Wallonian (2)

I've always thought that if you have a percentage of provinces with a different culture that exceed 12% (as listed in the define) of your total provinces, said culture will become "accepted."

Is this correct? And if so, does the acceptance happen immediately, or by event?
    To each his own.

Could I get more detailed information how the parliament works? It was quite basic on page #1. It sounds very interesting to say the least anyways. If there is already text about it, it would also be great if I'm referred to it (I'm sorry, but I didn't want to go through 16 pages of posts.)

/Teutonic

I've always thought that if you have a percentage of provinces with a different culture that exceed 12% (as listed in the define) of your total provinces, said culture will become "accepted."

Is this correct? And if so, does the acceptance happen immediately, or by event?
    It happens immediately, but it is 12% share of total base tax.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic_88 View Post
    Could I get more detailed information how the parliament works? It was quite basic on page #1. It sounds very interesting to say the least anyways. If there is already text about it, it would also be great if I'm referred to it (I'm sorry, but I didn't want to go through 16 pages of posts.)

/Teutonic
    Please see pages 34-35 of the current manual (v. 3.3).
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    Please see pages 34-35 of the current manual (v. 3.3).
    Thanks.

/Teutonic

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    Please read through this thread - someone already produced an intergrated version, albeit with older versions of both mods.
    Hey Helius, I don't know if it was the case back when you made this reply, but if you are refering to:
    Quote Originally Posted by SapientHomo View Post
    I hope you don't mind, Helius, but as I have done it for myself and there have been requests for it I thought I would upload SRI with Dei Gratia integrated. I'm pretty sure I combined the modifier files correctly with the SRI files being the default, and then only the changes made within the Dei Gratia files supplemented. It took me long enough to do so don't think I missed anything.

That said, I make no promises about this being perfect but I have run a series of games with no apparent problems and both modules appear to be working as they should.

http://files.filefront.com/SRIDGComb.../fileinfo.html
    from back on page two the link no longer works. Also, poor Don_Quigleone who you were replying to has asked about this several times, starting on page one! (although I'm sure that was much easier for me to notice reading through this whole thread at once than it was for you with a 4 month gap. )

Anyway, the reason I just read all this is I too am looking for a merged SRI and DG mod (I find MM too crowed and restrictive, although I'll try the next version when it comes out). Do you have any plans to merge them, or have you seen any other mods that do so? I've heard Rota Fortuna mentioned in a few places, but I can't find anything about it, it's not in the master mod list either. If not I can try to merge them myself, although I most likely won't have time for a while.
    Relentless madman.

It's actually not difficult to merge SRI with Dei Gratia if you've done any EUIII modding before. I did it a few months ago with the then-current versions of both, and it took only a couple of hours of fiddling and testing to get something that worked well.
    Jon F. Zeigler
    Freelance writer and editor, armchair historian, occasional scribbler of bad verse

The crucial part in such a merger would be to have all shared assets integrated: "common/" and "map/regions", in particular.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Sounds like a job for a file compare tool. I'll post it here if I combine them.
    Relentless madman.

Great, thank you.

Also, would you post a link to a reliable file compare tool, please, while you're at it?
    Mourning Magna Mundi

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

For just comparing text files, you might want to try ExamDiff. It's freeware. You'd only need the pro version to compare binary files.

http://www.prestosoft.com/edp_examdiff.asp

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Also, poor Don_Quigleone who you were replying to has asked about this several times, starting on page one!
    Haha, yes, I've been too lazy too try myself. Personally I don't see why Helius doesn't do it all the time, considering they'll have to be integrated for MMP together anyway. But maybe Helius is just lazy like me!

Well I used textpad. Anyway, it took a lot less time than I'd thought. It loads without crashing and ir ran fine for a few years in a test game, but without more testing I can't promise everything works.

Slight changes to some files when merging them, I left truce times at 5 years rather than 12 and I used DG's - WE on the Deus vault and rev-counterrev ideas, otherwise it's the SRI NI file.

What's #_CDEF_MONARCH_DEATH_ ? Chance for the king to die in battle? I stuck with SRI's 5 anyway.

Also, what in flagfiles.dds? If it's gfx for flags then the antipope might be missing his flag since I wasn't use how to edit it and stuck with the SRI file.

http://files.filefront.com/13767722
    Last edited by Darkrenown; 17-05-2009 at 05:15.
    Relentless madman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 40 ... LastLast