+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 37 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'm afraid I don't have the log anymore. Opened up EUIII and realized I should probably copy the old log for you before I started playing again, and of course it'd already wiped the log. I had checked through it myself before however, and the only events in the log for either of the two countries since Brabant agreeing to my peace demands were Brabant entering my military alliance, giving me military access, and the event referring to Brabant's loss of their independance. No events for Luxembourg whatsoever besides those two I copied before.

Still have the save game, of course. I've attached the entries for Brabant and Luxembourg.
    Attached Files

First, I have to say that this is a great mod. I've had a lot of fun playing it. I have one question, though. I've been fighting religious wars for decades, but the peace process won't fire. I made the decision to start the conference, but looking at my save game, there's a flag called peace_conference_rejected. My question is, how do I get to the peace conference after the proposal has been rejected. I have won the war handily (looking at the save game I see a 30YW_outcome of 321.750), but I keep getting declared war on. Any help would be much appreciated.

That is a decisive outcome, indeed! You can always delete the line "peace_conference_rejected=yes" from the savegame, or wait 15 minutes until I manage to upload version 3.2, and use that, instead.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Mukashi View Post
    I'm afraid I don't have the log anymore. Opened up EUIII and realized I should probably copy the old log for you before I started playing again, and of course it'd already wiped the log. I had checked through it myself before however, and the only events in the log for either of the two countries since Brabant agreeing to my peace demands were Brabant entering my military alliance, giving me military access, and the event referring to Brabant's loss of their independance. No events for Luxembourg whatsoever besides those two I copied before.

Still have the save game, of course. I've attached the entries for Brabant and Luxembourg.

Thank you! Brabant was the recipient for the fire-sale of some country, but according to these files, I can't tell wether Luxembourg was the country for offer. I hope that my changes to 3.2 make this process smoother and more rare.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quick question in regards to a mission. The "Establish a Colonial Beachhead" mission is giving me this currently (in 3.1. Guess I'll have to update quickly and check if it's still there).

Sierra Leone (*)Province Owner:
    Units in Any/All at least 5.

All the other requirements are green, but this one's still red. I do have a 5 regiment strong group of infantry here, so I would have thought I'd fulfill the requirements. What am I missing here?

My fault. Bad code. After installing 3.2, the mission should still be there, but it should take its completion criteria from the updated (3.2) mission file. If it does not fire as "completed" once the day rolls over after starting your savegame in 3.2, please let me hear back from you!
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Doesn't appear to be firing, though I note the requirement is now for 1, not 5.

Also seeing a lot of effect_title decisions being made by everyone. I assume that's was meant just to correct the titles with old save games, but it doesn't go away if I try to make the decision myself, and every AI country appears to be doing it over and over again.
    Last edited by Mukashi; 29-03-2009 at 01:12.

Doesn't appear to be firing, though I note the requirement is now for 1, not 5.
    In the missions folder, please open 'colonial.txt' and serach for "beachhead_mission".
    replace
    owner = { units_in_province = 1 }
    with
    owner = { infantry_in_province = 1 }
    If that does not work, try
    THIS = { units_in_province = 1 }
    or
    THIS = { infantry_in_province = 1 }

... and please let me know which version works. :-) Thank you!

Also seeing a lot of effect_title decisions being made by everyone. I assume that's was meant just to correct the titles with old save games, but it doesn't go away if I try to make the decision myself, and every AI country appears to be doing it over and over again.
    A stray line of code in "SRI_government_decisions.txt". Look for the line
    NOT = { government = revolutionary_empire }
    in the decision
    autocratic_into_constitutional_government
    (just before the effects section)
    and delete that line!

I will upload a fixed version, as soon as we have figured out where the issue lies with the colonial mission.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

None of those fixes for the mission work. The infantry variations also have "NO_TEXT_FOR_KEY" display instead of Any/All.

Problem with the decision is fixed.

please try this, instead:
    units_in_province = this
    Mourning Magna Mundi

...okay, that's weird. It completed this time, but now it's not giving the reward, and there was no text in the box for it completing except for the okay button.

Let's make sure I've done this right.

beachhead_mission = {
    type = our_provinces
    allow = {
    has_province_flag = the_beachhead # set in SRI_Maintenance
    NOT = { is_core = THIS }
    OR = {
    owner = { NOT = { units_in_province = 1 } }
    NOT = { has_building = fort1 }
    }
    }
    abort = { NOT = { owned_by = THIS } }
    success = {
    units_in_province = this
    has_building = fort1
    controlled_by = owner
    has_siege = no
    looted = no
    is_blockaded = no
    owned_by = THIS
    }
    chance = {
    factor = 1
    modifier = {
    factor = 2000
    owner = { ai = yes }
    }
    }
    effect = {
    random_owned = {
    limit = {
    has_province_flag = the_beachhead
    owner = { ai = yes }
    has_empty_adjacent_province = yes
    }
    any_neighbor_province = {
    limit = { empty = yes }
    set_province_flag = colonize_prov
    set_global_flag = colonize_prov
    }
    owner = { country_event = 296000 }
    }
    random_owned = {
    limit = { has_province_flag = the_beachhead }
    add_core = THIS
    clr_province_flag = the_beachhead
    }
    }
    }
    Last edited by Mukashi; 29-03-2009 at 03:07.

Thank you for helping me fix this!

Please try again, this time replacing the effect with this:

effect = {
    any_neighbor_province = {
    limit = {
    empty = yes
    THIS = { owner = { ai = yes } }
    }
    set_province_flag = colonize_prov
    set_global_flag = colonize_prov
    }
    owner = {
    random_owned = {
    limit = { owner = { ai = yes } }
    owner = { country_event = 296000 }
    }
    }
    add_core = THIS
    clr_province_flag = the_beachhead
    }

I think this should take care of the botched effect - it would be a scope error on my part.

Your report & test has been invaluable in helping me fix about a dozen related mistakes in other files, and teaching me something about the unit/infantry in province trigger. I'm collating a new version, right now.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

That one worked perfectly. =)

Alright! Ready for the next version, then.

The way mission effects handle scopes is flabberghasting. Apparently, these can figure out whether the effect ought to apply to a country scope or province scope, even without scope-switching commands. Nice to know.

New version is now online; consider yourself the proud recipient of the much-coveted Mukashi Award for Dedicated Bug-Hunting. :-)
    Last edited by Helius; 29-03-2009 at 03:28.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

I'm just glad I've finally hunted out a legitimate bug or two again. I thought I was losing my touch. ^^;

Hmmm....one thing I'm also noticing in this game, though this is more part of your AI mod than SRI. A lot of normal colonial powers aren't. Other than myself, Castile and Portugal are the only ones with any overseas expansion, and only on a very limited number of provinces each. I would've expected England at the very least to expand, though I can understand how some of the normal colonial powers might not be able to get into it with some of the crazy things that have happened in this game (all encouraged by me for the purpose of trying to break things and uncover bigs. ). What factors should influence a nation to go colonial or not?

EDIT: And before I forget, another thing I was wondering about. The Papal States have been a faithful vassal of mine for about a hundred years. I notice though that I can't force him to crown me without going and declaring war on him again. Not that it really makes much sense for me to have had him as a vassal for so long (I would've expected other large Catholic nations to have a CB on me, together with reputation penalties every year), but if it's intended that we can keep them as a vassal, would it be possible to change the decision so we can either occupy the Papal States OR have them as a vassal?

EDIT 2: Whoops, another one. How often should "Religious Laws of the Empire" fire for nations after I've chosen to not tolerate heretics? Bohemia (a lesser partner in PU with me) is getting it about once every 4 days.

EDIT 3: And another thing. ^^;;; Am I correct in guessing that events regarding the assembly of the estates determine which provinces are in those estates for the purposes of the event by checking the date they all joined the realm? Just had the "Backlash against Colonization" event, where the options would've put the modifiers in both the former territories of Brittany, Milan and Bavaria, who were all inherited at the same time (and leaving me with 0 prestige. *phew*) after PU's. Only one of the states would get a modifier for the estates opposing the ruler however.
    Last edited by Mukashi; 29-03-2009 at 09:46.

I'm just glad I've finally hunted out a legitimate bug or two again. I thought I was losing my touch. ^^;
    So am I! And I never thought you did.

Hmmm....one thing I'm also noticing in this game, though this is more part of your AI mod than SRI. A lot of normal colonial powers aren't. Other than myself, Castile and Portugal are the only ones with any overseas expansion, and only on a very limited number of provinces each. I would've expected England at the very least to expand, though I can understand how some of the normal colonial powers might not be able to get into it with some of the crazy things that have happened in this game (all encouraged by me for the purpose of trying to break things and uncover bigs. ). What factors should influence a nation to go colonial or not?
    The AI strategy prompts, which are the same as in Ad Infinitum. If this is an old savegame, these prompts probably never fired, because the MTTH was too long. Watch what happens now.

EDIT: And before I forget, another thing I was wondering about. The Papal States have been a faithful vassal of mine for about a hundred years. I notice though that I can't force him to crown me without going and declaring war on him again. Not that it really makes much sense for me to have had him as a vassal for so long (I would've expected other large Catholic nations to have a CB on me, together with reputation penalties every year), but if it's intended that we can keep them as a vassal, would it be possible to change the decision so we can either occupy the Papal States OR have them as a vassal?
    Devassalizing the Pope is not part of SRI, but it sounds like a good idea.
    I've included the condition for that decision - but the twist is that the Pope will break vassalage in exchange for giving you the crown.

EDIT 2: Whoops, another one. How often should "Religious Laws of the Empire" fire for nations after I've chosen to not tolerate heretics? Bohemia (a lesser partner in PU with me) is getting it about once every 4 days.
    Should fire once per province. Was broken. Is now fixed.

EDIT 3: And another thing. ^^;;; Am I correct in guessing that events regarding the assembly of the estates determine which provinces are in those estates for the purposes of the event by checking the date they all joined the realm? Just had the "Backlash against Colonization" event, where the options would've put the modifiers in both the former territories of Brittany, Milan and Bavaria, who were all inherited at the same time (and leaving me with 0 prestige. *phew*) after PU's. Only one of the states would get a modifier for the estates opposing the ruler however.
    Sounds broken, but is strange. The order of things is thus:

1) You receive a province event in the province where the estates of an inherited minor (IM) reside.

2) This prompts that IM to receive a country event.
    This flags all provinces that are cores of this IM (and only of this IM!), and owned by the Inheritor.
    We trigger another event, for the Inheritor.

3) This event, triggered by (2), gives you three choices. The modifiers for colonial exemption etc. should be added to all provinces that were flagged in step (2). Unless Brittany has cores on all of Milan's and Bavaria's old territory, the modifiers should ONLY be added to Breton cores owned by you.

One way of testing whether this works is to stop and save the game when you get event (3), and before klicking on any option.

Look up in the savegame which provinces have the flag "jurisdiction_of_estates_05" - only Breton cores should.

I have posted another version, moments ago, fixing the event spam for "Religious Laws".
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    That is a decisive outcome, indeed! You can always delete the line "peace_conference_rejected=yes" from the savegame, or wait 15 minutes until I manage to upload version 3.2, and use that, instead.
    Thanks for the reply.

I have just uploaded another version. If you have downloaded a version of 3.2 before today, please download the new version. The events that started the religious wars in the Empire failed to set the single most important flag to actually get that event sequence off the ground. That might also explain one of the bugs reported above.

Since I was going to have to post another fresh version for this bug, I took the occasion to overhaul the Hanseatic League in major ways. You now only get a lower basic bonus, but can get penalties or added boni, depending on many factors that affect the Hansa (see first post in this thread).

To compensate for the flatter curve, the modifier "Underdogs in Trade" has been made a little less brutal on the other nations.

Let me know what you think. A detailed manual update will follow soon.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Even though I hate to be the guy who rolls out a new version every other day, it has happened again.

#3.3 is now up, and comes with a freshly-updated manual, now inflated to 64 pages.

There are some essential bugfixes in this version, but also a few much-needed updates to trade (check out the revamped Hanseatic League) and colonization (watch for new missions if you decide to be a colonizer).
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

In my current game, Lubeck was annexed by Denmark early in game, and I subsequently never heard of the Hansa again. In the save files, I see the hansa flags so it's supposed to be still around.

Looking through the event files, I don't seem to find any events adding the needed country_modifier "hanseatic_league" to the members at the start. Only Lubeck actually get it in the HRE_initialize file.

Could it be the problem?

EDIT:

I have added the following code in the are section of HRE_initializa.txt and it seems to add the missing members:

Code:
    		any_country = {
    			limit = {
    				exists = yes
    				has_country_flag = hanseatic_league
    				NOT = { year = 1650 }
    			}
    			set_country_flag = hanseatic_member
    			add_country_modifier = {
    				name = "hanseatic_league"
    				duration = -1
    			}
    		}
    Last edited by boies00; 07-04-2009 at 23:23.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 37 ... LastLast