+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 35 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by pigglet82 View Post
    Maybe this isn't the place for these suggestions since they're not exclusively connected to the HRE, but since you included river tolls in your mod -- which I really liked -- I was just wondering if you've thought about doing something similar for estuaries? Controlling provinces like Riga (Daugova), Memel (Neman), Danzig (Vistula), Hinterpommern (Oder) et cetera, could give you a similar bonus (probably higher though), and give such provinces more strategic values in war/conquering.

I also like that you made 'river tolls' into provincial decisions with both positive and negative effects, and not just an automatic bonus. I've been thinking along the same lines when it comes to the triggered effect of sound_toll to something similar, but divide it into two or three decisions representing different toll percentages. The higher percentage collected, the more it will annoy the neighboring countries.

EDIT: Something that definitely would add to the strategic value of these provinces would be to remove the entire bonus for the owner if the province is occupied, and give the occupier half of it. If the province is returned to the owner at the conclusion of the war, the bonus comes back. If the province is ceeded to the occupier, there's no bonus, but the provincial desicion to reinstate the toll is again available.
    That is an interesting idea, but may be overvaluing those provinces. The point of the river tolls is that they are a big trade-off, plus they affect the neighbor provinces. But anyone along the river can collect a toll.

In the case of controlling port/river mouth provinces, that would not be the same balance. What kinds of values and conditions for modifiers did you have in mind, anyway?
    Mourning Magna Mundi

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    "IMA_votes", a variable kept in the EMP country (going back to the code, you need more yes votes than no votes, so any value of 0 or above will do, as long as all conveners have voted.

My next update will take up a suggestion made here to keep the modifier in the Emperor's capital set for as long as it takes to make this decision, to avoid confusion.
    Any modifier allowing you to track things related to votes on Imperial Decisions, in particular this one with the Army, would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: While I think of it, I'd also like to suggest that the "Establish Recruiting Center" decision also be able to be hidden via a national decision, as per a March. It has the potential to get rather spammy.

EDIT2: Would it also be possible to implement something so that the vote comes to an end when a majority of conveners have agreed to the proposal, and if a certain amount of time has already passed? I currently have IMA_votes=11.000, and given that this was first proposed in 1474, and it's now 1539, it seems a little long for the HRE to have been waffling over the issue.

EDIT3: There might be a possible issue here after all. Just went through the save file, and the only convener to not have IMA_vote_cast=yes is my own nation, Austria. That seems rather odd. Linking back to the previously discussed issue about not getting to vote, perhaps?

EDIT4: A totally unrelated issue now, this one is just plain weird. Got the event "The Imperial Demesne" for Venezia....a century or so after it'd been conquered and added to the Demesne by event. Oo;;
    Last edited by Mukashi; 03-03-2009 at 12:31.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I feel a little silly making so many edits to that post, so I'll split this to a new one now that I've got something a little more firm. ^^;;;

Still regarding the issue with the Imperial Army, I went and fired it off manually, just so I could continue playing and testing. Of the requirements, only one wasn't a green *. That one...looked a bit weird when it came out in the console.

(*)Known Country:
    Austria does NOT exist
    Do NOT have the country flag 'convener'
    Is the Emperor of the HRE
    Have the country flag 'IMA_vote_cast"

If I'm reading that right, it'd only fire if I wasn't Austria, wasn't a convener, was the emperor and had that flag on my country. That doesn't sound right. ^^;;;

Actually, the code is correct. The event should fire for you, if no country can be found that matches all these criteria
    - exists
    - is convener
    - has not voted
    - is not Emperor

Since you ARE Emperor, it should not prevent the event from firing.

Did you have the global flag "HRE_reformation_war"?

Try this code:

Code:
    # feedback- approved - no strings attached

country_event = {
    	id = 287043
    	major = yes
    	trigger = {
    		is_emperor = yes
    		EMP = {
    			has_country_flag = IMA_pending
    			NOT = { has_country_flag = reichsregiment }
    			NOT = { check_variable = { which = demand_for_reichsregiment value = 6 } }
    			check_variable = { which = IMA_votes value = 0 }
    		}
    		NOT = { has_global_flag = HRE_reformation_war }
    	}
    	mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 6
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 100
    			hre_region = {
    				NOT = { owned_by = THIS }
    				owner = {
    					has_country_flag = convener
    					NOT = { has_country_flag = IMA_vote_cast }
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    	title = "RTAPPROV"
    	desc = "EVTDESC287043"
    	immediate = { EMP = { clr_country_flag = IMA_pending } }
    	option = {						#Execute
    		name = "GOOD2"
    		ai_chance = { factor = 100 }
    		set_global_flag = enabled_IMA
    		prestige = 0.05
    		change_variable = { which = hre_standing value = 10 }
    		EMP = {
    			relation = { who = THIS value = 10 }
    			prestige = 0.03
    		}
    		capital_scope = { remove_province_modifier = institution_pending }
    	}
    }

# feedback - demand for reichsregiment

country_event = {
    	id = 287044
    	trigger = {
    		is_emperor = yes
    		EMP = {
    			has_country_flag = IMA_pending
    			NOT = { has_country_flag = reichsregiment }
    			check_variable = { which = demand_for_reichsregiment value = 6 }
    			check_variable = { which = IMA_votes value = 0 }
    		}
    		NOT = { has_global_flag = HRE_reformation_war }
    	}
    	mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 6
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 100
    			hre_region = {
    				NOT = { owned_by = THIS }
    				owner = {
    					has_country_flag = convener
    					NOT = { has_country_flag = IMA_vote_cast }
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    	title = "EVTNAME287044"
    	desc = "EVTDESC287044"
    	immediate = { EMP = { clr_country_flag = IMA_pending } }
    	option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTA287044"
    		ai_chance = { factor = 100 }
    		set_global_flag = enabled_IMA
    		prestige = 0.05
    		change_variable = { which = hre_standing value = 10 }
    		EMP = {
    			relation = { who = THIS value = 10 }
    			set_country_flag = reichsregiment
    			prestige = 0.03
    			add_country_modifier = {
    				name = "reichsregiment"
    				duration = -1
    			}
    		}
    		1757 = {
    			add_province_modifier = {
    				name = "rrg_established"
    				duration = -1
    			}
    		}
    		any_country = {
    			limit = { ai = no has_country_flag = notify_hre }
    			country_event = 285751
    		}
    	}
    	option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTB287044"
    		ai_chance = { factor = 0 }
    		prestige = -0.1
    		change_variable = { which = hre_standing value = -10 }
    		EMP = {
    			relation = { who = THIS value = -10 }
    			prestige = -0.3
    			set_country_flag = reichsregiment_refused
    		}
    		set_country_flag = reichsregiment_refused
    	}
    }
    Last edited by Helius; 04-03-2009 at 00:17.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Mukashi View Post
    EDIT: While I think of it, I'd also like to suggest that the "Establish Recruiting Center" decision also be able to be hidden via a national decision, as per a March. It has the potential to get rather spammy.
    Isn't that a once-per-country decision? Like "Embassy"? I tended to treat those with the maxim, "just do it once, and you'll never have to bother again".
    Is there a good reason NOT to want to establish a recruiting center, anywhere, ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukashi View Post
    EDIT4: A totally unrelated issue now, this one is just plain weird. Got the event "The Imperial Demesne" for Venezia....a century or so after it'd been conquered and added to the Demesne by event. Oo;;
    That must be the case because the original modifier had expired, but the province had not become your core, yet. So it had to be reset.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Actually, the code is correct. The event should fire for you, if no country can be found that matches all these criteria
    - exists
    - is convener
    - has not voted
    - is not Emperor

Since you ARE Emperor, it should not prevent the event from firing.

Did you have the global flag "HRE_reformation_war"?
    I prevented the war in this game. Have the following global flags related to it. I'll put that code in and see if it makes a difference.
    HRE_reformation_emperor_catholic=yes
    HRE_reformation_final=yes
    HRE_reformation_first_response=yes
    HRE_reformation_second_response=yes

Isn't that a once-per-country decision? Like "Embassy"? I tended to treat those with the maxim, "just do it once, and you'll never have to bother again".
    Is there a good reason NOT to want to establish a recruiting center, anywhere, ever?
    Hmm...you know, I'm not sure now. From what I remember of my previous grand campaign, it wasn't a once-per-country decision, but I'm not certain now. I'll have to take a look and get back to you.

EDIT: Well damn, it was a once-per-country decision. I'd been holding off due to not wanting to increase revolt risk, but I see now I shouldn't have bothered. ^^;;; That'll teach me for playing while sick and out of it. ^^;;;

That must be the case because the original modifier had expired, but the province had not become your core, yet. So it had to be reset.
    Ahh, okay. That makes sense.
    Last edited by Mukashi; 04-03-2009 at 01:09.

Apologies for the double post, but with the time gap between them, it felt a little silly to just edit the post above. ^^;;;

Haven't had much chance to play for the last little bit, but I've still failed to get this event to fire. I'm more and more convinced it's something I've done wrong somewhere however, given that a friend of mine playing their own game had the event fire with no difficulties, and within a relatively short timeframe.

Still weird, though, considering you have all the flags in place.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

Just a quick question, why isn't it possible to enforce Protestantism on the Empire if you win decisively/negotiate very well in the interconfessional wars? And what is the "Reichsverweser" mentioned in the peace conference proposals? Wikipedia claims it means "regent" which isn't very helpful.

You can make sure that Protestant princes dominate the institutions of the Empire, but you cannot make it the official religion. First, which one would it be? Calvinism or Lutheranism? Second, I am not aware that any Protestant ruler ever suggested this - it was basically a matter of "The One True Faith" vs. "Cuis Regio, Eius Religio."

The Wiki definition is wrong. A Reichsverweser basically means the same thing as a Stadholder; someone who rules in the stead of the monarch, because there is no legitimate heir available.

For that reason, I used "Acting Emperor" as the English translation in some event texts.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by helius
    First, which one would it be? Calvinism or Lutheranism?
    I figured it would be the religion of the player's country, or the leader of the Protestant side, but you're right; which one? Maybe there could be yet another interconfessional war if someone chose to do this, except this time pitting Lutherans versus Calvinists?

Second, I am not aware that any Protestant ruler ever suggested this - it was basically a matter of "The One True Faith" vs. "Cuis Regio, Eius Religio."
    Well, I was imagining an ahistorical situation where Protestants were much stronger in the Empire than they were historically--eg., Austria had converted (very, very, very unlikely, I know), or the Protestants had won decisively earlier, or the Church responded slowly or something of that sort. In that case, it seems reasonable that a Protestant, faced with the second Catholic uprising in a few decades, and either decisively winning or very skilled in negotiations might want to impose Protestantism as the Imperial religion.

The Wiki definition is wrong. A Reichsverweser basically means the same thing as a Stadholder; someone who rules in the stead of the monarch, because there is no legitimate heir available.
    Ah, thanks, that makes more sense. What does that mean in the context of Imperial leadership?

I did have the option of a Protestant state-religion in the Empire, in an earlier version of the mod; but decided it did not really make sense, and just looked 'off', plausibility-wise.

A Reichsverweser would mean that you get an OPM as hereditary Emperor, with pretty high Imperial Power, since he would have to respect the authority of a Parliament elected (partly) by the people. That kind of legitimacy would do much to strengthen the legitimacy of the Empire.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

I have uploaded a new version of the mod, containing mostly bugfixes (much needed ones, though).
    Backward compatability should not be a problem.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

New SRI Player Question

I downloaded & installed this mod 2 days ago as a way of reinvigorating my interest in EUIII -- I've been on at least a 1 year hiatus -- and so far I'm enjoying it immensely. So let me first say thank you to everybody who had a hand in creating it -- Great Work!

I'm playing as Castille and monitoring the HRE, and so far the only problem I've had is waiting for truces to expire. I fought a war with Granada that ended in September of 1405, and it's now July 1415 and the truce is still in place, so I can't complete the reconquista. IIRC, truces lasted 5 years, and despite a lot of searching through gamefiles and these forums, I cannot find any reference to the altering of truce length. Is it part of this mod, or part of some patch and I've missed it? More importantly, how long do truces last now?

Twelve years. Sorry not to have documented that important bit of information. This is to slow down expansion, in general. If you think it's too long, the length of truces is defined in [euiii_root]/mod/SRI/common/defines.txt
    Mourning Magna Mundi

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This was added in 3.2b (Nov 27). Are you patched to that? If so, please report this in the general bug forum, as well (and let me know, too, please).
    I see you've replaced this trigger out in the latest version. I don't see is_vassal mentioned anywhere in the patch notes and I also don't see it inside the eu3game.exe. As said earlier it would seem to be redundant since we already had is_subject. Maybe you were thinking of the new overlord_of trigger?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

The quest for plausible game outcomes

I have a rather general question regarding SRI. So far I was only playing MMP but I'm getting a little bored by the lack of expansion-dynamic that seems to be inherent to this mod. Most importantly the superpowers of the EU timeframe don't do very well. Mostly there's no eastern expansion of austria, unification of britain and most annoying of all france doesn't even achieve to unify french lands (famous coexistence of brittany for centuries). The lack of dynamic in the HRE is a whole other story as it ensures that it is not eaten up by neighbouring powers as in vanilla.
    Given that SRI focusses on the HRE and therefore doesn't intervene that much with the vanilla game mechanics I would expect the European powers to perform substantially better. I'm wondering if the community can support this suggestion. It would be very interesting to see some hands-off game outcomes. This could also help Helius in his (heroic) attempt to improve the AI (empire maps of actual games would also be nice).

Here are four issues I consider very crucial for a plausible game (of course that doesn't mean they should always materialize)

- a unified GB including Ireland
    - unified France
    - strong Austria
    - Netherlands forming sometimes
    - Russia expanding eastwards (actually this never seems to happen in MMP)
    - plausible Colonization (this usually works best among the listed issues in MMP)

I think I will start a new thread, "Post your SRI/AI Mod Empires", for hands-off and hands-on games. If anyone beats me to the punch, go for it, since it might be a while before I get to it.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Very odd error that I'm noticing, continuing my old save game with the latest version.

A number of small HRE states that I've noticed, when their king dies, are being treated as if they were a completely new revolter state coming from a larger HRE member (including something in the logs about them declaring independance), even though the only relationship here is an alliance and royal marriage at most. This does trigger events such as checking what the "new" country wants to do with the jews, and so forth.

Odd. Before this happens, do you see any event firing in those minor states? You might have to scroll back a few lines in the log.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 35 ... LastLast