+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'd like to echo the comments of others. I too find the full Magna Mundi experience a bit heavy but like some of the modules. A fully integrated SRI/Dei Gratia as a download option would indeed be nice. I have been integrating them myself (my next game will be using the combo) but not everybody has the confidence to do it.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hey, if you managed to integrate them, you could always upload...

Good point. :-)

There is a chance that Rota Fortuna may not be that long coming.

I like the idea of combining SRI & DG, but I am still too busy rounding off the rough edges of SRI to contemplate the project, at the moment.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Helius, i gave your mod a try, wanted to see how Ad_Inifinitum works and i can't get it work with MMP (see my post in Ad-Infinitum thread)

pluses: i like it, the scope is not that of MMP and there are some things i prefer there (e.g. NIs) but...
    1) i like your hegemony/administrative system (seems more interesting and less bland than MMP)
    2) most importantly, AI seems less dormant, it tries to accomplish some goals (i don't know if it's your doing buy it fights for its sphere of influence (aragon vassalised and not annexed navarra) and goes after its cores (france dows aragon and then milan)

minuses (or i get sth wrong) military access seems irrelevant, as austria-emperor i'm warring denmark and norway, and their troops walk over HRE and burgundy as they wish, also france got to briesgau despite not having mil access through lorraine, WAD?

Thanks for sharing your impressions, gabor! I'm glad you like the way the AI behaves. I think it has to do with the combined effects of vanilla 3.2, the SRI hegemony system, and the AI mod files.

As for military access, we cannot mod that. The rule is that the Emperor gets access to all HRE provinces, whenever he is at war; and so do his allies and enemies in that war. From what I understand, this has been the rule since the very first version of EU [I.].
    Mourning Magna Mundi

YES!
    Thanks alot Helius, this mod sounds exactly like what i been looking for.
    I've played MM on/off for over a year but i have grown bored with the way Ai nations (especially the Turks) cant seem to expand with the massive fort levels but u have included my favorite futures in this mod and added some amazing stuff of your own so i think its perfect for me.

Edit: I just tried it and saw that u got the same NI's as vanilla, in my opinion they are mostly pretty weak and non-defining for a country, one of my favourite MM futures is their national idea system, maby you can "borrow" theirs or create something similar as it would make SRI even more awesome.

Edit#2: Just saw that i opened my mouth waay too fast, just relized that u actully had included the +3 siege attriction modifier and the godforsaken forts from MM, but i will give this a try anyway since i want to see Ad Infinitum in action and atleast its faster than MMP.
    Last edited by kalle2000; 15-12-2008 at 02:06.

:-) Oh well. I hope you still like the mod.
    I'm not sure what you mean with the "+3 siege attrition modifier," but I do know that fort levels in SRI are lower than in MMP, especially once you get to the higher stages.

I like the vanilla NI's, but I am open to suggestions. I have been thinking of modding them, having been spoiled by the MMP NI's, but I got used to them as they are, and find them pretty useful.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    Thanks for sharing your impressions, gabor! I'm glad you like the way the AI behaves. I think it has to do with the combined effects of vanilla 3.2, the SRI hegemony system, and the AI mod files.
    got to the 1500, AI is more aggressive, it can see its potential (Port annexed Congo!), i stopped protecting HRE states (military acces issue, and frankly what chance do i stand as not-yet-unified Austria against France or Burgundy?) so in my game both Fra and Bur start blobbing (on the expense of Aragon and HRE minors respectively) shouldn't they jump at each other's throats?

As for military access, we cannot mod that. The rule is that the Emperor gets access to all HRE provinces, whenever he is at war; and so do his allies and enemies in that war. From what I understand, this has been the rule since the very first version of EU [I.].
    i didn't know that i hardly ever played as Habsburgs so i used to take military access issue into planning a war
    i also see that truce lasts longer; is it 10 or 20 years?
    i like the dynamism of your mod and i'll play along a bit more; yet i miss so many features of MMP

btw, i figured out why i like your administration system better: it gives bonuses (small austria gets competent to good adm)! whereas in MMP one might only be penalised; i think it should be pointed out to the MMP team, players would think twice before absorbing too much if they were to lose something

Interesting point, about the bonuses. The limits on expansion in the Hegemony System are actually harsher than in MMP's AE system. Even by the 1700's, you still have to make sure you do not slip into governmental disorganization.

Regarding blobbing, I've heard that before. Please keep me posted. In the long run, the Hegemony System should put a damper on that, really.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This thread does not deserve to be in the second page. BUMP!
    Contributor to the Whole World Mod
    - mainly national formation decisions

AAR's:
    Icelandic Empire: how far can it reach?: a Whole World Mod 3.2 AAR
    Gernikako Arbola: A Navarran AAR: IN 3.0 - abandoned
    Canada's struggle for Independence: NA 2.2 - abandoned

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh Helius, can I hear the sweet sweet sound of a SRI/Dei Gratia combo calling me! Lalalala.

Actually how many of the new features are in MMP christmas?

Thanks for the bump and the questions. I'm afraid that any integration of DG and SRI is too much for me to handle before the Christmas break - but there's always next year.

I have posted a fresh version of the mod, with some notable updates on how the Hanseatic League works, and how social conflict is represented in the game.

As always, feedback is much welcomed.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

If you've downloaded version 2.2c between the time when I posted the previous item in this thread and now, please download again!

I built a last-minute error into the files that will prevent the entire HRE province management system from working. Ouch.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Can I add "War of the League" to MMP 1.30 by removing HRE_toleration.txt and adding HRE_War_of_the_League_of_Provincename.txt from latest SRI? Do I have to do anything else like defining some modifiers?

Tough question! If you're going to do your own modding, yes, add the entire section headed "Helius" from the event_modifiers.txt and triggered_modifiers.txt from SRI, and insert them into the respective MMP files, making sure to overwrite the corresponding sections ("Helius") in those files.
    Then, switching these two files, as you said, should hopefully be enough, at least to get this module running without an instant CTD. :-)
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Tough question! If you're going to do your own modding, yes, add the entire section headed "Helius" from the event_modifiers.txt and triggered_modifiers.txt from SRI, and insert them into the respective MMP files, making sure to overwrite the corresponding sections ("Helius") in those files.
    Then, switching these two files, as you said, should hopefully be enough, at least to get this module running without an instant CTD. :-)
    Great! But what about localization? SRI csv files seem to be completely different from MMP ones. Should I check every string by hand or perhaps there is simpler solution?

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I hope you don't mind, Helius, but as I have done it for myself and there have been requests for it I thought I would upload SRI with Dei Gratia integrated. I'm pretty sure I combined the modifier files correctly with the SRI files being the default, and then only the changes made within the Dei Gratia files supplemented. It took me long enough to do so don't think I missed anything.

That said, I make no promises about this being perfect but I have run a series of games with no apparent problems and both modules appear to be working as they should.

http://files.filefront.com/SRIDGComb.../fileinfo.html
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

Regarding blobbing, I've heard that before. Please keep me posted. In the long run, the Hegemony System should put a damper on that, really.
    i played along a bit more and yes blobbing sort of stopped, i got powerful enough to protect HRE and even implemented circuits (there are 11 of them as burgundy (which owns all the provs in burgundian one and is a kingdom - i ageed) doesn't ask for one; from here due to requirements it seems simply impossible to propose the other institutions (but that's my usual gripe)

on negative side, appart from missing dharper's Dei Gratia and other MMP features, the thing that i dislike most is colonisation, africa got covered by a patchwork of random colonisers, maybe MMP's approach is a bit more deterministic yet i like it more

frankly, helius it was fun, but mostly due to the fact i played in HRE; now that i put my hands on MMP xmas edition i feel a bit like a child who got back his favourite toy and i say to myself that a lot of your splendid work is in fact in MMP

as i'm playing as novgorod, i haven't checked how xmas1.35 HRE works, but i noticed that the general prestige decline modifier has been increased from -5 to -7.5 won't it ruin any chances of reforming HRE? or have you changed somewhat the requirements or the way prestige effects them, or anything related to HRE for the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatich View Post
    Great! But what about localization? SRI csv files seem to be completely different from MMP ones. Should I check every string by hand or perhaps there is simpler solution?
    I think you should be good to go with only MMP localization files, and only use SRI files that are not already in MMP.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by SapientHomo View Post
    I hope you don't mind, Helius, but as I have done it for myself and there have been requests for it I thought I would upload SRI with Dei Gratia integrated. I'm pretty sure I combined the modifier files correctly with the SRI files being the default, and then only the changes made within the Dei Gratia files supplemented. It took me long enough to do so don't think I missed anything.

That said, I make no promises about this being perfect but I have run a series of games with no apparent problems and both modules appear to be working as they should.

http://files.filefront.com/SRIDGComb.../fileinfo.html
    Don't mind, at all! Great work. I'll give that a try, and see if that might not serve me as the base for future development (with dharper's permission).
    Mourning Magna Mundi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast