• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When the war starts we put our war machine into full gear including our king who is a two shock, three manoeuvre general.

Our armies are quite well matched, but we have the advantage of not having a two front war.

war4.jpg

Before it all kicks off, we decide to recruit some extra regiments in Lahore, Sutlej and Thar. This will give us an additional 6000 men split 50:50 between infantry and cavalry.

The first casualty of the war is trade. Both fractions start the war with the customary embargoes.

The war start fine with us winning the battle of Quetta.

Since I don’t need cavalry for sieges we send 3000 of our cavalry to Grazni. It has no fort so it should fall directly in our hands

cavalry.jpg

Quetta falls on the 8th of December 1496.

We win Grazni in February 1497. Felling lucky we offer the Trimurids this peace deal with they reject.

nopeace-1.jpg

(The empire is quite a behemoth)

The wind of changes strikes in April 1497. The Trimurids kicks us out of Quetta.

The war goes back and forth. We retake a province and then loose another. Only consolation is that none is Mughal. In the middle of all this General Bahlul Singh dies (July).

To push the war forward, we start hunting down minor Trimurid armies with some success.

December kicks off with a white peace offer that we reject. Since we didn’t take the bate they left us literally a poisoned chalice. Our king dies on 15 of March under mysterious circumstances. In his place we get Dawar Kakhsh I who is a diplomatic genius! Let’s hope this will give us a good peace deal.

dbi.jpg

In March 1498 we spot another player in the game of Trimurid Nibble. (I have no idea who this nation is. They have a yellow shield with something black on it). They take a bite and vanish again.
In June Sibr leaves us in the lurch. They pay 8 ducats and renounce some claims, which leave us alone with our enemy.

Despite being in the middle of a war, we manage to marry off one of our children to Khorasan. It’s a July wedding.

Our attempt to convert Kutch fails in October 1498 followed by rebellion. Things are getting a bit too hairy now.

Finally in January 1499 peace is brokered.

finally.jpg

Perhaps not the most glorious peace but at least we got one of the provinces we wanted.

All surplice regiments are disbanded as soon as the ink has dried on the paper and the rest of the army heads back home to crush the rebellion (April)

In May our two star stab advisor is sacked for a ancient four star stab advisor. He has been around for 46 (!) years. This gamble pays off in June. We reach stab -1.

Our reputation on the marriage market must be on the rise. We marry off two of our children to Deccan and Malwa (July).

I guess you were lucky and the bulk of the Timurid armies were up north in Sibir...

I am more surprised that Sibir got away with 8 ducats!

Can the Great Wales event fire for Brittany if they annex you? :p

Interesting question (I can hear you cackle from here!) Not sure, but from the code I think it could. If GWL is annexed then the first triggers can occur.

Code:
country_event = {

id = 9004

trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = GWL }
		NOT = { exists = GWL }
		NOT = { tag = PAP }
		NOT = { has_country_flag = welsh_nation_declined }
		culture_group = gaelic
		owns = 242		# Gwynedd
		owns = 241		# Glamorgan
		owns = 233		# Cornwall