• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ssj18vegeta

Over 9000!
50 Badges
Feb 16, 2007
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Dungeonland
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Is there anyway to move my capital to a different province?
Also in some AAR's I saw kings with names like Richard II, John III.. Is this a mod or do they just edit the savegame to change the name?

Capital is wealthiest province inside the region of your primary title which has same culture and religion. Counties have always the same capital, duchies can move capital inside their primary duchy and kingdoms inside the primary kingdom. If you don't have province inside your primary title region then it will be richest province with same culture and religion. If you don't have same culture or religion province then it will be in the richest province.

For example if you want to move Swedish capital to Constantinople make sure that you don't have any provinces in Sweden or provinces which have Swedish culture or which are Catholic. Cultural conversation and religious conversation events can become handy. In my Kingdom of Sweden game where my primary culture was Finnish, my capital was long time in Catholic Finnish province of Novgorod (originally it was Russian Orthodox province) till Constantinople converted to Catholism and adopted Finnish culture, then my capital moved.

Moving capital inside kingdom is easier. If you want to move English capital from Wessex to Oxford you just have to make Oxford richer by building plenty of stuff there while you either ignore Wessex or give it away.

Well I find that capitals like to stick even if they should move somewhere else.. Most of the time i see my capital moving if I just gained a new primary title. Or if I gave away my capital to one of my vassals

A way to move your capital to Constantinople is to make sure that:
-Constantinople is in your demesne
-Constantinople is the richest in your demesne and has the same culture and religion as you

And then give away Thessaloníki to one of your vassals and you end up with Constantinople as your capital ;)

ssj18vegeta said:
Ok thanks.. I am playing as the eastern roman empire at the moment and my capital is now thessalonika, while constantinople is much wealthier.. How come it doesn't move?

Sometimes saving and reloading might help. But if nothing helps then give away Thessaloniki to your mother or your heir and you'll get it back later.