• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A lot of great ideas, thanks:
1. Adaptivity and learning curve - great
2. Dependency on the production level - great, thought could imagine how complicated the system gets at the end
3. Parts and technologies vs model also great and gives us a lot of freedom

So far got only two questions/ideas:
1. How AI is going to handle this system, even with a more simple system AI was loosing a research war very often
2. Will neighbor countries (new units seen by your neighbor or recovered from the battlefield) affect research? During the course of the history neighbors were taking the best of each other, this also applied to the second world war as designs were improving after enemies saw each others designs (in war and peace time) - will be also a good idea not to dispatch a modern unit unless you know you have enough of them to do something useful like Russians did with self propelled artillery?

From what I read in the Diary, it seems like the practical value will come from building the unit. However, what about the use. If Argentina build 30 submarines that are not involved in any battle and mostly stay at home, would their practical values be the same as if Germany built 30 and fought viciously at sea with them? The practical value should take into account:

* Building units
* Battlefield experience of said units

So, no more tech teams?? :(

At first I too thought that it is a big loss, but now I think that the new solution provides much more flexability and will speed up the process of selecting techs (no time waste for picking up the best team).