• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hauptmann

First Lieutenant
3 Badges
May 8, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
I'd appreciate if somebody could tell me if I understand the Diplomatic Vassalisation option correctly:

A.) So Diplo-vassalisation can first of all only be "offered" to countries of the same religion group as one's own, right?

B.) And if that country (or yourself) cannot engage in royal marriages (RM) (because of government style for example), then diplo-vassalling is not possible, right?

Thanks a lot in advance!

[haegint]

Thats correct. Also iirc, its seems that if you make them a vassal as a means of peace negotiations and they are not of the same reglious group, then they are stuck as your vassal indefinitely.

Also, from IN onward, you cannot diplo vassalize a nation with more than 3 provinces.

Also, from IN onward, you cannot diplo vassalize a nation with more than 3 provinces.
Since IN, even a 3province-nation can be impossible to vassalise. It occured to me when wanting to vassalise Savoy :(

The_Pursuader said:
Since IN, even a 3province-nation can be impossible to vassalise. It occured to me when wanting to vassalise Savoy :(

That part may be due to the fact that Trust is factored in.

naggy said:
Ahaaaa... that's good to know. That's quite a change then compared to vanilla. For the moment I play vanilla, but I like it and will eventually get the Complete edition sometimes.

Thanks to all for their comments!

The_Pursuader said:
ahaa, didn't know that
interesting..

so if I understand it right, a higher trust lowers the WS needed for vassalisation

WS is used for force-vassalization - in that case, the WS for vassalization is based on the total WS required for all the country's provinces, which is largely derived from each province's base tax.

Trust is factored in when you diplovassalize. You need a high level of trust to even have a chance.

WS is used for force-vassalization - in that case, the WS for vassalization is based on the total WS required for all the country's provinces, which is largely derived from each province's base tax. Trust is factored in when you diplovassalize. You need a high level of trust to even have a chance
How interesting :)
never realised how exactly trust influenced the chance of diplo-vassalising/annexing

Currently playing as Milan, trying to offer vassilation to Modena (I think it's them, I'm at work now. It's the country between Milan and Pisa anyway). I've got a Royal Marriage, I've got an alliance, Modena is at peace and our relations are over 200. When I go to offer them vassilation, it says it's "impossible".

why would that be?

gevers1 said:
Currently playing as Milan, trying to offer vassilation to Modena (I think it's them, I'm at work now. It's the country between Milan and Pisa anyway). I've got a Royal Marriage, I've got an alliance, Modena is at peace and our relations are over 200. When I go to offer them vassilation, it says it's "impossible".

why would that be?

Well they may not trust you or you might have a low prestige.

gevers1 said:
why would that be?
Either they want to eat you for lunch, you are hated by Europe, your ruler failed at diplomacy, or they are too big.

Italian lands are rich so even just Modena and Fererra together might worth enough to break the limit.

I have won over timurid some 59%. Now I want to declare peace as the rest of the Timurid Empire is not visible to me, so I cant go any further as I have reached the ends of my known world, and I have other matters to attend like dominate the indian Subcontinent first by making Vijayanagar as vassals.
I am playing Rajputana at very hard level and I am 2/3rd in size but more in Income that Timurid, I am ranked 1 in prestige, 0% inflation, honourable reputation.
Now i want to hurt Timurid the most as I can't dominate it(because I cant reach its rest of the provinces) and it will be a big threat once it comes back in power.
It has 1125 Gold!! and 2 trade centers.
I can either
1. Make it give me the 1125 gold and CoT Homruz or
2. Release two independent nations(Baluchistan(6 Provinces, different religion, different, culture), korashim(4 provinces, different religion, I have one of its core province)).
3. Or take 6 provinces of baluchistan and create it as A vassal state, as they have different religion And I will have to face a lot of revolts, plus Timurid threat.
So my question is will I be able to diplo-vassalize Baluchistan and Korashim in the rest of the game? or I can dissolve the alliance and detoriate relations with the two and vassalize them, with in next five years till truce is over with timurid. Which option would you chose?