+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EU3 Diplomatic Vassalisation

First Lieutenant
    HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3

Question EU3 Diplomatic Vassalisation

I'd appreciate if somebody could tell me if I understand the Diplomatic Vassalisation option correctly:

A.) So Diplo-vassalisation can first of all only be "offered" to countries of the same religion group as one's own, right?

B.) And if that country (or yourself) cannot engage in royal marriages (RM) (because of government style for example), then diplo-vassalling is not possible, right?

Thanks a lot in advance!

[haegint]

Thats correct. Also iirc, its seems that if you make them a vassal as a means of peace negotiations and they are not of the same reglious group, then they are stuck as your vassal indefinitely.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete500k club

You can always cancel vassalage, it cost a lot of prestige and you need some amount of positive prestige to do it AFAIK.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Also, from IN onward, you cannot diplo vassalize a nation with more than 3 provinces.

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

___________________ in a bar under the sea
    Also, from IN onward, you cannot diplo vassalize a nation with more than 3 provinces.
    Since IN, even a 3province-nation can be impossible to vassalise. It occured to me when wanting to vassalise Savoy
    Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
    Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

HttT Independent Nations 2.2 mod for HttT 4.0 & 4.1beta
    WWM Independent Nations mod for IN 3.2

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pursuader
    Since IN, even a 3province-nation can be impossible to vassalise. It occured to me when wanting to vassalise Savoy
    That part may be due to the fact that Trust is factored in.

ahaa, didn't know that
    interesting..

so if I understand it right, a higher trust lowers the WS needed for vassalisation

First Lieutenant
    HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by naggy
    Ahaaaa... that's good to know. That's quite a change then compared to vanilla. For the moment I play vanilla, but I like it and will eventually get the Complete edition sometimes.

Thanks to all for their comments!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pursuader
    ahaa, didn't know that
    interesting..

so if I understand it right, a higher trust lowers the WS needed for vassalisation
    WS is used for force-vassalization - in that case, the WS for vassalization is based on the total WS required for all the country's provinces, which is largely derived from each province's base tax.

Trust is factored in when you diplovassalize. You need a high level of trust to even have a chance.

WS is used for force-vassalization - in that case, the WS for vassalization is based on the total WS required for all the country's provinces, which is largely derived from each province's base tax. Trust is factored in when you diplovassalize. You need a high level of trust to even have a chance
    How interesting
    never realised how exactly trust influenced the chance of diplo-vassalising/annexing

Corporal
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Currently playing as Milan, trying to offer vassilation to Modena (I think it's them, I'm at work now. It's the country between Milan and Pisa anyway). I've got a Royal Marriage, I've got an alliance, Modena is at peace and our relations are over 200. When I go to offer them vassilation, it says it's "impossible".

why would that be?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by gevers1
    Currently playing as Milan, trying to offer vassilation to Modena (I think it's them, I'm at work now. It's the country between Milan and Pisa anyway). I've got a Royal Marriage, I've got an alliance, Modena is at peace and our relations are over 200. When I go to offer them vassilation, it says it's "impossible".

why would that be?
    Well they may not trust you or you might have a low prestige.
    I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

Heard about the guy who fell off a skyscraper? On his way down past each floor, he kept saying to reassure himself: So far so good... so far so good... so far so good. How you fall doesn't matter. It's how you land!

Quote Originally Posted by gevers1
    why would that be?
    Either they want to eat you for lunch, you are hated by Europe, your ruler failed at diplomacy, or they are too big.

Italian lands are rich so even just Modena and Fererra together might worth enough to break the limit.
    It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day. Just that I'm not awake for enough of the ones already available. - Karen Ellis

You may also know/hate me as Semaphore >.> <.<

I have won over timurid some 59%. Now I want to declare peace as the rest of the Timurid Empire is not visible to me, so I cant go any further as I have reached the ends of my known world, and I have other matters to attend like dominate the indian Subcontinent first by making Vijayanagar as vassals.
    I am playing Rajputana at very hard level and I am 2/3rd in size but more in Income that Timurid, I am ranked 1 in prestige, 0% inflation, honourable reputation.
    Now i want to hurt Timurid the most as I can't dominate it(because I cant reach its rest of the provinces) and it will be a big threat once it comes back in power.
    It has 1125 Gold!! and 2 trade centers.
    I can either
    1. Make it give me the 1125 gold and CoT Homruz or
    2. Release two independent nations(Baluchistan(6 Provinces, different religion, different, culture), korashim(4 provinces, different religion, I have one of its core province)).
    3. Or take 6 provinces of baluchistan and create it as A vassal state, as they have different religion And I will have to face a lot of revolts, plus Timurid threat.
    So my question is will I be able to diplo-vassalize Baluchistan and Korashim in the rest of the game? or I can dissolve the alliance and detoriate relations with the two and vassalize them, with in next five years till truce is over with timurid. Which option would you chose?

+ Reply to Thread