+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: EU3View - make magic animated GIFs of your empire! (not actually magic)

I cannot get mine to work... It works fine, but the render button is always greyed out... Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoli View Post
    I cannot get mine to work... It works fine, but the render button is always greyed out... Help?
    It might just be that it's taking a while to load the save - with a large savegame and a slow computer, it could take five minutes or more, and the current version doesn't indicate that it's still loading very well. Try waiting longer or testing with a smaller savegame (like one from 1405, for instance) and see if it works.

If not, look at the command line window that pops up when you use run.bat and see if there are any errors listed there.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am trying this cool looking program but I don't get the ability to select the render button. The pop-up box has this message/error:
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii - complete\save games\A
    ustria1402_10_08.eu3.
    Unmatched right brace on line 566890, column 0
    Loading took 2881080137 ns.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.buttware.eu3view.EU3View.loadBrowseButtonActio nPerformed(EU3View.
    java:381)
    at com.buttware.eu3view.EU3View.access$000(EU3View.ja va:18)
    at com.buttware.eu3view.EU3View$1.actionPerformed(EU3 View.java:71)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unk nown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed (Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed (Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseRe leased(Unknown Sour
    ce)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent( Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(U nknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unkno wn Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Any ideas?

EDIT: I don't have any mods or anything. Using the Steam version.

Second Edit: Appears adding the config file fixed it even thou I had no mods.
    Last edited by CavScout; 18-03-2009 at 23:22.
    "Maneuverists have a bad case of what may be called, to borrow from a sister social science, "Wehrmacht penis envy."--D. Bolger

0.5 has been released, with a bug that made the state religion mode not work fixed and a CoT mode added (I doubt anyone but naggy will ever use it, but it's only two more lines of code).

Bavarian Emperor X_MasterDave_X's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

really awesome !!!!
    One of the 2 lucky winners of the 200k celebration
    TY Paradox for lifetime supply of your games !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurper View Post
    0.5 has been released, with a bug that made the state religion mode not work fixed and a CoT mode added (I doubt anyone but naggy will ever use it, but it's only two more lines of code).
    Sounds like a very handy feature to me. Do I have someone else needing thanks (naggy) for suggesting that implementation?

Very nice! If not even fantastic!

Though, is there a reason why starting year can't be chosen? Our MP started in 1492, and those earlier years seem quite pointless to watch through.

Edit: My mistake, starting year can be chosen. It was greyed out because EU3 folder wasn't properly set. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurper View Post
    Does this affect my code or just yours?

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    0.6 request: Can you add Culture?

Quote Originally Posted by thsmar View Post
    Sounds like a very handy feature to me. Do I have someone else needing thanks (naggy) for suggesting that implementation?
    To clarify, it just shows provinces which have CoTs, not which CoT each province trades through - the second would be much more interesting, but I don't think the savefile contains enough information to create it. The idea of including it is courtesy of feldmarshall, but MichaelM had already implemented it in his editor.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    Does this affect my code or just yours?
    Just mine, it was a hacky design combined with a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    0.6 request: Can you add Culture?
    It won't be quite as straightforward as the CoT mode, but I'll look into it.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine

I would love to use this, seems awesome, but! The render button is greyed out, running the .bat gets me a 1 sec flashing DoS screen that doesnt really help anyone and I already added the config txt file. Im flabber gasted Using Win Xp 64bit

Also got the newest Java version freshly installed, so that aint it.

Quote Originally Posted by unddu View Post
    I would love to use this, seems awesome, but! The render button is greyed out, running the .bat gets me a 1 sec flashing DoS screen that doesnt really help anyone and I already added the config txt file. Im flabber gasted Using Win Xp 64bit
    The problem might just be that it's taking a long time - try opening a small savegame instead, or waiting about 10 minutes after choosing the file just to be sure. If it's still grayed out, try opening the .bat in notepad and adding the line
    Code:
    pause
    to the end, then see if any errors come up when you run it again.

It sounds like it might be the 64-bit problem. jdrou discovered the fix, which I wrote up here.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

edit:

Thanks for the tips, I went ahead and combined what you guys said and came up with a solution

I've downloaded the program and started the .bat file but only black screent appears for half a second and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yeah, that's happening to me too.

I fixed my problem with downloading the newest version of Java.
    Last edited by Avisian; 21-03-2009 at 23:55.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks, I'll try that.

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    Thank you for creating this extremely neat tool.

I tried to get this to work with SRI, using the config file as described. I get a map output, but for most of the time, the DOS window is filled with repetitive lines 'cannot find country file for [tag] - expected to find one in [EUIII_root/common/countries]'
    Where [tag] = "countries that do not exist in vanilla, but do in SRI"

This does not seem to diminish the functionality of the utility, it just looked odd.
    When you ignore these error reports, and let rendering finish, the gif's work as intended.
    Adding a config.txt to the EU3View directory, as described in the thread's initial post, fixes the problem. You mentioned wanting to see the empires people were building in SRI games, so I'm going to run a new hands-off game with Kongo and see how we go. =)

Does anyone know a program like gifsicle that will work on a 64-bit OS?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast