+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Magan Mundi Sucks!!

Magan Mundi Sucks!!

Magan Mundi Sucks!!

Ok i can admit its very nicly done with new map and all, BUT whats upp with the constant stability loss through events. Its to much and sabotages game play. Whats the point in fixing stability when it goes down again without reason.

Ok some events that kill stab is ok. but not every half year!!

I agrre with you, too many events bring down the stability. And, once you've got a bit empire going, the cost of raising stability is HUGE, and once you get it up one notch, an event fires and brings it back down two notches. It's THE ONLY thing about Magna Mundi I do not enjoy to the full extent possible( ), but still, this thread is posted in the wrong forum... ...admin?...

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

What on earth are you up to, if you're really losing stab every six months? Unless you name the event, it's hard to know what you're talking about. Maybe if you did, somebody could give you some advice. I spent the majority of my last MaGNA Mundi game at +3 stability... and I was a Christian on the Mediterranean Coast. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by clblabin
    What on earth are you up to, if you're really losing stab every six months? Unless you name the event, it's hard to know what you're talking about. Maybe if you did, somebody could give you some advice. I spent the majority of my last MaGNA Mundi game at +3 stability... and I was a Christian on the Mediterranean Coast. It's not that hard.
    Are you playing the new platinum version? I have the feeling that every-other random event lowers stability... I'm hardly ever at +3, so in this regard I actually concur with the OP. However, I wouldn't go as far as saying that Magna Mundi sucks, for it certainly does NOT. It is a GREAT mod, enhancing the original game by miles. If it was Paradox that made MMP, they would cast it as an expansion pack, and grab a few bucks for it. The fact that it is also free of charge is also great. So apart from a higher difficulty level, esp. keeping stability high, MMP is a must-have in my opinion. It greatly adds to the overall experience of the Europa Universalis world.

Captain
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Did you by any chance decide to switch to a different National Idea? That causes major mayhem in MM.

You just need to be more careful about what you do in your game.

Captain
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You could also go read the manual, which will greatly help you avoid such problems:
    http://www.magnamundi.com/downloads/...diPlatinum.pdf

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldVictoria 2

And the MM forum can be found here.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

If anything, MMP seems lighter on the stab hits than earlier versions. Certainly some things were a bit ill-designed, like -1 stability for land enclosures, but I think they got rid of that in the last patch. Of course it's definitely harder than vanilla and takes some getting used to, I won't argue with that!

Still, I'm curious what these events are. I know that pirate raids in extreme circumstances can hurt stability, and they seem to pop up at the most inopportune moments. But I can't think of anything that fires all the time that reduces it. In my opinion, things like Noble Opposition, Framed!, and Imperial Admonitions are a much bigger difficulty than keeping stab up.

I have the burning desire to release a terrible mod named Magan Mundi now.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by juxilor
    Magan Mundi Sucks!!

Ok i can admit its very nicly done with new map and all, BUT whats upp with the constant stability loss through events. Its to much and sabotages game play. Whats the point in fixing stability when it goes down again without reason.

Ok some events that kill stab is ok. but not every half year!!
    Thanks for you words. And now I will ignore you and will continue with my work. I am sure than MMP2 can sucks even more than MMP. It is the minimum that I can do to keep happy all that people that don't pay my free time. Goodbye.
    Proud member of the Big Four of Magna Mundi Mod.
    Orgulloso miembro de los Cuatro Grandes del Mod Magna Mundi.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

hahaha

MM, not for the faint of heart!

Im kind of enjoying the big time stab hits. I only recently bought eu3+expansions but the vanilla was absurd how huge swathes of land were gained and lost all at +3 stab

Whereas yesterday in MMP My England tried to hop into a war with a france who was already at war with austria and lorraine (I was hoping AUS would tie up those giant stacks), so I ate the -1 stab hit to see if i couldnt buy off some of FRA's claims

well it got into a slugging match, AUS white peaced with FRA very early on and I couldnt get out of the war with france, so I kept pouring troops I didnt have and couldnt afford into the fray. Next thing I know I'm at -1 stab when my king died in battle and I get a regency. Not good timing since the nobles rose up in protest and the next thing i know I have a civil war. Well I lost the civil war since I could barely reinforce my already demoralized armies and the next thing I know I'm sailing free as the Merchant Republic of England

I dont know if that was an MMP event chain or a vanilla event chain but it and the leadup to it was well done, some provinces would go over to the rebels without a siege, I bought some provinces back with rebel negotiations, and eventually england just imploded due to the stress placed on my country

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Well, I think such thread must be a sticky!
    A place for everyone to vent his frustration on the mod.

Welcome and we all should thank Juxilor for the remarkable post and title!

So, any rotten tomatoes can be thrown in this thread!

See if you can hit the middle tooth!
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Lund, Skane Lan, Sweden, 108679122496232, Lund, Sweden
    Don't listen to them, it is exactly the challenge of actually having to worry about stability that is one of the mods greatest strenghts. I often have +3 stab, but when I throw around national ideas or start some mad reform; things unravel pretty quickly. Just as it should be.

To those that disagree: You mistake difficulty for a problem. If you want an easy experience, I suggest you play vanilla EU3.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Vollan
    Are you playing the new platinum version? I have the feeling that every-other random event lowers stability... I'm hardly ever at +3, so in this regard I actually concur with the OP. However, I wouldn't go as far as saying that Magna Mundi sucks, for it certainly does NOT. It is a GREAT mod, enhancing the original game by miles. If it was Paradox that made MMP, they would cast it as an expansion pack, and grab a few bucks for it. The fact that it is also free of charge is also great. So apart from a higher difficulty level, esp. keeping stability high, MMP is a must-have in my opinion. It greatly adds to the overall experience of the Europa Universalis world.

A bit more seriously now, you are not supposed to be at +3 most of the time. The "average" stability is 0 to +1, so if you on average fare better than that, you should congratulate yourself.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Europa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

It sounds like MMP is just too hard for you! I find this game to be exactly what I was hoping for!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Berlin. Hint not Berlin in Colombia or Kentucky
    I´m german and because of that a part of me wants to conquer the world.
    That´s why i sometimes find the ai a littl bit overpowered, especially in war but magna mundi is a great mod, no question about that. its the only reason why i play eu3 although it costs me hair and sometimes nerves but sometimes love hurts

Quote Originally Posted by ubik
    A bit more seriously now, you are not supposed to be at +3 most of the time. The "average" stability is 0 to +1, so if you on average fare better than that, you should congratulate yourself.
    May be a bit of offtopic, but in my current game only 4 countries have negative stability, several have 0-1, and the rest +3.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. With his forces intact a skillful leader will dispute the mastery of the Empire, and thus, without losing a man, his triumph will be complete." / Sun Tzu

At one extreme we have the player who is so jealous of his own territory that he protects it against the slightest incursion; who constantly forgoes attack in favor of defense; who loses through timidity. At the other extreme we have the player whose jealousy engulfs the whole board; who tries not to let his opponent have any territory at all; who usually ends up losing large groups of overextended stones. These people are deluded. They understand the concept of 'territory', but they lack the faintest inkling of the meaning of 'balance'. /Akira Ishida & James Davies

Softer palette and new textures for Strannik's map / Googlemaps textures sample

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Despite some of my slightly critical posts ( ) I've been thoroughly enjoying playing - and playing with - this mod. Excellent work, overall - and I have absolutely no doubt that it was WORK, either. A lot of it. The OP needs to get his head on straight - if he doesn't like it so much, he doesn't have to play it, after all.

Steve.
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yeah I feel that stability is a lot easier to maintain in MMP than it was in MMG2. I've been spending most of my time at +3, which was definitely not the case in MMG2.

I do wonder if, as was suggested above, the OP swapped an NI. It's the only thing I can think of that would cause stability loss anything like that frequently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast