• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nukeface said:
This is a great idea - but maybe it would be an even better idea if you got a bonus to research for actually using a certain type of unit in combat as well as just building lots of them; so if you fight a lot of air battles you could get a research bonus for fighters etc.

This would represent the fact that from the results of actual combat your designers could get a better idea about what is most/least successful about the current design and so work to improve it.

I think this is a good idea - rather like the "tradition" variable in EU3.

Wow. Awesome map!

And the IC systems sounds like an improvement!

What are the two $100 things at the top of of the screen shot?

alpha_okt22.jpg

I like the new approach with production having an impact on research, will have a nice impact on gameplay. :cool: (even though I can imagine it'll be hard on Japan with its meager industry.
Can't say I like the hex-like provinces, but I suppose the shear number of them will make up for it. Wish the map had a bit more colour though. :p

Can anyone explain the 6 bottons on the top left?

1. Province Infos
2. Land battles
3. Air battles
4. Naval battles
5. ??
6. ??

Cpack said:
Can anyone explain the 6 bottons on the top left?

1. Province Infos
2. Land battles
3. Air battles
4. Naval battles
5. ??
6. ??

I think it is
1. Province info
2. Land units
3. Air units
4. Naval units
5. Don't know
6. Don't know either

I would go with 6. Redeployment.

Ayeshteni

The efficiency idea, especially linked to research is great. :) I hope you get the balance right so that it really pays to develop a mixed military compared to building just a few unit types and then switching later when you need something else.

As for the map, it looks pretty good. I guess the city names can be changed easily so they don't matter. I like the province-region setup. That will make combat much more interesting. :)

BUBBLE Monster said:
What are the two $100 things at the top of of the screen shot?
Placeholders. One will be manpower, the other maybe TC or diplomacy or prestige or whatever.

Geroshabu said:
(even though I can imagine it'll be hard on Japan with its meager industry.
As it should be. After all, historically their tanks were hopeless.

The increased provinces on the map will bring a hex-y... no I said hex-y not sexy :D feel to the warfare component. At least I hope so and can see how fighting battles is going to be that much more enjoyable and frustruating.... in a good way! :)

Last edited:
Good indeed! Awesome~!
However, I am still worring about the economy of the minor nations. In HoI2, there is no way to have Armoured unit for the minor. I think that there should be way to get the tanks, airplanes whether the type of 100% strength division or 50% strength.
Maybe the international market is better (But if it is my unconsiousness, I am sorry about it.)