• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very nice to get some efficiency features into production.

Never did like the yesterday we built fighters, today we bould panzers and we are darn good at it, tomorrow we will build fleet carriers and we will be darn good at that to.

This is really good, the only criticism I got is that province borders should follow rivers and other naturals constraints on warfare. :)

Johan said:
Another interesting thing is that production effects technology, the more of something you produce the easier it is to research in that area. So if you want to advance technology in an area (say carriers) you are going to want to keep producing carriers to pick up the research bonus. Yes no more tech rushing, those early model carriers may not be that good but they will serve as a nice test bed for design ideas.
Something I'm not completely clear on, and would like the answer to to be "yes", even if it will probably be "no":
- Can you actually skip those early models if you're late in research? Maybe by paying a premium in research time on a curve? * And maybe with the first units of the type working at, say, 80% efficiency (first units = all units that get started before the first one reaches a certain point in production)?

* Say you're researching something of level n, you would pay the full cost for level-n, 75% of n-1 and 25% of n-2. (For all that USS Langley was important in designing the USS Ranger, it was probably somewhat irrelevant when they designed USS Essex, or at least there was no lesson from the Langley that wouldn't have been learned from later designs)

Allocate money and resources.

To sectors

Production ( %)
Armor ( slow creep of stats, up to year levels, your troops are suddenly better equipped in a day???)
Infantry
Submarines/Destroyers/
Naval/ BB, DD, CV, CA
Artillery
Air ( Strategic)
Land Doctrine
Air Doctrine
Naval Doctrine

Random techs, box's, "newspaper" new factory opened/ facility
New type of tank ( Black and white)
Better guns.

( WE HAVE CAPTURED........................)

Very nice improvements to both the map and the production system. I'm curious about one thing though: Will this further the strength distance between smaller and larger nations?

Last edited:
@Cueball: I too share some of your sentiments, and hope to have a have an expanded economy/political model - while still being able to focus on the (now even more so) massive landwar.

Cueball said:
Also, its seems to me that quadrupling the number of provinces is adding a lot of conceptual complexity (increasing intellectual TC load if you like)
:D great wording

It just hit mi, the huge amount of provinces.
I really hope we don't have to micro manage the building of every infrastructure in every province etc. Fortifications, bases and some other things I can understand, but Infra hast to be possible to put on auto (so that one can actually focus on the war effort elsewhere)

*thinking: hope there is an event that clogs the roads with refugees and thus temporarilly lowers infra - Military police aught to make movement faster though... other discussion*

I liked the more variable (less hex-y) provices of HOI2, because it makes certain locations with more bordering provinces better for envelopment assisted attacks. Making the provinces hex-y makes them a bit more bland from the perspective of envelopment.

Can't wait to try out the next installment however!

Hansag said:
It just hit mi, the huge amount of provinces.
I really hope we don't have to micro manage the building of every infrastructure in every province etc. Fortifications, bases and some other things I can understand, but Infra hast to be possible to put on auto (so that one can actually focus on the war effort elsewhere)

*thinking: hope there is an event that clogs the roads with refugees and thus temporarilly lowers infra - Military police aught to make movement faster though... other discussion*

Hm, IIRC buildings are going to be one-per-region.

Zaki said:
Hm, IIRC buildings are going to be one-per-region.

to be clearer things like IC (and probably infrastructure) are built on a region basis. This likely means that you order 5 IC for the Alsace Lorraine region and the engine assigns it to different provinces.

Just a though. But if you strategically bomb someones industry... they aught to lose efficiency in producing things (perhaps not across the board, but still) since equipment ant experienced workers/engineers etc. are killed.

So perhaps a 1000 plane raid against Essen would reduce the efficiency to manufacture munitions by 0.5-1% (wild ass guess). This would make it even more interesting than just reducing the enemys IC.

Hansag said:
So perhaps a 1000 plane raid against Essen would reduce the efficiency to manufacture munitions by 0.5-1% (wild ass guess). This would make it even more interesting than just reducing the enemys IC.
Reducing the overall IC is an abstract way of doing things, rather than skirt into sensitive issues. Since it is abstract, it is just an "across the board" penalty, as opposed to being spesific.

I understand that you ask for more spesific targeting / effect, however, since production is similarly abstracted (no tank factories, gun shops, ball bearing plants, etc etc), its really the best way to do things (in my opinion).

Hansag said:
Just a though. But if you strategically bomb someones industry... they aught to lose efficiency in producing things (perhaps not across the board, but still) since equipment ant experienced workers/engineers etc. are killed.

In HoI series, strategic bombardment don't kill people...otherwise it would be terror bombardment :eek:o

Hansag said:

If there was a specialized IC system of a Vicky system, reducing the production of one types of products would be possible. Every IC can build everything so, bombing industries will reduce IC.

Yes, well I use my imagination a lot when I play games like this, and I assume some poor factory workers go with the IC. Putting that aside however. (it's not important unless you want to have manpower for IC and their subsequent rebuilding)

What I was talking about was that since they are gonna implement an "efficiency" system in the game instead of gearing-bonus, One would assume that efficiency is reduced somewhat across the board if someone (i.e. the enemy) starts reducing IC, which is the component that "builds" stuff and thus the "home" of efficiency... since the IC "learn" how to make stuff more efficiently. (It might not be much, and it might not offsett the bonus of pushing out thousands of tanks a month, but still)

Personally I'd vote in favour of having ships being built in Naval bases, that way, when you bomb the base, you might delay the ship being built. But that's probably just overkill.

I like the suggested design suggestions very much.

And to you people discussing map issues in this thread, why don't you go to the DD that deals with the map or even the general forum. It's kind of annoying to read your opinions in a DD that deals with production. Besides I'm thrilled at being able to perform manouvers in all the new, small hexshaped provinces and I couldnt care less what they are called and what name they bear in comparison to the other issues discussed here.

Markusw7 said:
to be clearer things like IC (and probably infrastructure) are built on a region basis. This likely means that you order 5 IC for the Alsace Lorraine region and the engine assigns it to different provinces.
The Vicky model doesn't assign factories to specific provinces, just regions ('states'). Could very well be the same with IC in HoI3.

Markusw7 said:

And the cost of these IC ?