• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's little doubt in my mind that this will turn EU:Rome from the runt of the pack to one of the must have games. I know it's on my list. Thanks for your efforts Doomdark, IN and Rome community definitely appreciate all your hard work.

barrabas said:
However, the dark blue Religious Party on the second screenshot, really hurts the eyes (at least mine). You might want to consider changing the colour.
When that's the only negative comment, you know you're doing something good! :D

Yes, it does look great, but I want the release date! :(

Walker85 said:
Yes, it does look great, but I want the release date! :(

:(
Q4 2008
:(

Thanks, and congrats on the great work on interface.

I also hope you guys will address the issue that minor countries have little chance to stand up. I don't know if this contradicts the your original ideas when you guys started developing this game, but it would add much more fun if we could have more viable choices of countries.

I've just been able to play the game, so I haven't been able to play it a lot yet:

Isn't it possible to imprison, banish or assassinate your own governors, military commanders, etc... in the original version of EU: Rome? :confused:

This is going to be simply amazing. We're finally going to get our IN.

Fantastic, I saw the first screenshot and immediately thought "oh thank god."

That kind of province view was something I sorely missed from EU3 and wondered why it was changed. I like the icons next to the actions, as well. Nice touch.

Quite nice, I'm looking forward to this :)

PMLF said:
Isn't it possible to imprison, banish or assassinate your own governors, military commanders, etc... in the original version of EU: Rome? :confused:

You can assasinate them, or smear their reputation with intrigue actions. But there's no such a thing as banish or imprision. You can imprison foreign chars you capture, tho

Btw, just have noticed that there is new icon for VV in My/Games registration section...

Looking about the new icon at the right of the Tyranny value (first screenshot a broken heart, now a flag), I think it can be something like a dissent value, which influences revolt risk but specially senate politics. Am I wrong? :p

Will we be seeing pirates in this expansion (as in physical, marauding pirate fleets)? I know when VV was announced, it stated laws against piracy:

Mobilize the Senate to back important laws such as 'Lex Gabinia' to fight piracy.

That quote is from the VV announcement.

Or have I missed a point completely? :confused:

That would be Oct - Dec.... Since were in October, it could be anytime soon!

Since we are getting weekly updates, the expansion is obviously geting final touches, polishing and then testing.

Nice nice!

And shall we soon see any improvement with colonization?

Or even better: changed the way barbarian nations interact with wild barbarian provinces? I think barbarians should just conquer them and then try to hold it rather then survive until you get civilised enough to colonize. An more complex system would be even better.