• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
Much of the criticism leveled at EU:Rome concerned the interface; some important information and frequently used functions were several clicks away, or "hidden" in the ledger. Thus, streamlining the interface was always a high priority for us in a hypothetical expansion. Well, the expansion is now a lot less hypothetical, and I am happy to unveil some of the interface improvements in Vae Victis.

The first screenshot features the new and improved Province View. Now you can always access information about diplomatic status with a single click. We have also added a list of diplomatic actions you can take, which, as mentioned in the previous diary, can now be blocked by the Senate (second and third screenshots.)

Screenshot number four shows the brand new Character View, where players can use different filters to peruse various character categories. We have also added the actions you can take against characters directly to each character entry in that window. For example Imprison, Banish and Assassinate.

The final screenshot showcases the revised Dynastic/Character information window. Note the new information fields to the right, and again, the character action buttons above the portrait.

Perhaps I should elaborate on the character actions: players are now allowed to imprison or banish most characters in the country (with some obvious exceptions.) The downside is that doing so increases Tyranny, which has all kinds of detrimental effects. Banished characters can appear in the court of other countries. (Likewise, when a normal country is annexed, many of its characters are likely to move to another country.) Other character actions include Execute (only possible against imprisoned characters), Bribe, and the old "diplomatic" actions, like Smear Reputation.

In all, it is our hope and belief that players will have a much smoother and more enjoyable experience with the improved Vae Victis interface!

Until next time!

Attachments

• dd3_01.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 2.598
  • dd3_02.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 2.191
  • dd3_03.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 1.955
  • dd3_04.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 2.311
  • dd3_05.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 2.233
Another good improvement.
There is so much to change that trying to guess whats the next change is like guessing the Euromilions key :D

However, the dark blue Religious Party on the second screenshot, really hurts the eyes (at least mine). You might want to consider changing the colour.

As minor as this is, it is quite harsh on the eyes! lol

The interface looks very neat and tidy. Good work! I'm more and more impressed with each Diary update. When the expansion was announced, I've got to admit that I had my doubts, but this is shaping up to be brilliant! :)

Very nice additions. I also like the new senate system very much. They will now vote on some political actions like declaring war or alliance.

How will these decisions be made in a Kingdom? Will the monarch be able to determine all actions or will he face some opposition too?

Nice update

And this is how the icon will look

RomeVV.gif

Maybe only a minor thing, but I really like the color palette you're using for the different icons. Everything looks so tidy and fun to click!

Thanks for the update, looking better and better everytime!

I like the new interface options, that will make it a lot more accessible and fun.

I cannot wait to get this - I will have to get back into playing Rome then
This looks great and a lot more interesting than the basic Rome!

The dev. diaries are looking excellent so far! Keep up the good work Paradox.