+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vae Victis - Development Diary III

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk
    Nice update

And this is how the icon will look

Oh well I'm sold now... but seroiusly it is pretty cool. Way cooler than EU3/NA/IN icons.
    "The Greatest argument against democracy, is a five minute conversation with the average man" Winston Churchill

Homo ludens Demi Moderator nachinus's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandHoi 2 Beta500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Leo
    Will we be seeing pirates in this expansion (as in physical, marauding pirate fleets)? I know when VV was announced, it stated laws against piracy:

That quote is from the VV announcement.

Or have I missed a point completely?
    I hope that pirates are somehow implemented!. They were a really serious issue in that time and the cause of some wars. I can't believe they didn't depict them in the original game...
    "El mundo está cambiando, la música está cambiando, las drogas están cambiando. Incluso los hombres y las mujeres están cambiando. Dentro de mil años ya no habrá tíos ni tías, sólo gilipollas.
    Renton, Trainspotting

Mod EU:Rome - Ancient Warfare 1.05 para VV 2.32
    EU:Rome AAR: Crónicas Cornelias
    EU:Rome Vae Victis AAR: 'Anekdota': la Historia Secreta del Imperio Seléucida
    AARs Battle of Britain 2: Diarios del tiempo de las Águilas / Die Tage der Adler

Quote Originally Posted by nachinus
    I hope that pirates are somehow implemented!. They were a really serious issue in that time and the cause of some wars. I can't believe they didn't depict them in the original game...
    Pirates were modded into EU3 (yes, I know there are privateers and pirates, but they are lame, compared to the Pirates of the Barbary Coast events).

Someone made a pirate event mod for Rome, don't know how good it was though.

57 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk
    Nice update

And this is how the icon will look

Certainly prettier than the original one.

Looks great!

Just one question: are there also enhancements for modders (like more free traits and event conditions?)
    Storm over Tintagel - A Cornwall AAR for CK: DV and TASS ... Started: 26.07.2008 ++ Updated: May 2009...

Final Patch - Ideas for new conditions and effects

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    This is looking better and better.
    curtis: I'm not even going to bother with this thread. The skids to hell have already been greased on this baby.

Brain Surgery - The AAR!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

As unhappy as I was with EU:Rome I can't stay mad at you Paradox. I pre-ordered mine. The expansion looks great.

you know i might actually go back to this game after this.

will you offer cd for it?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by saneman
    you know i might actually go back to this game after this.

will you offer cd for it?
    It is going to be download only.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Impossible? A Challenge! jorian's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    interesting, but i hope some cases justify expelling people without increasing tyranny, I think here especially on what background/traits the person to be expelled has
    "Maps are cool, everybody loves maps!" - Johan

I was happy to have skipped ROME, but with this expansion i will surely go for a COMPLETE version if it ever comes.
    Read my first AAR: Wittelsbach- A CK AAR
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=293636

Quote Originally Posted by barrabas
    Looks good!

However, the dark blue Religious Party on the second screenshot, really hurts the eyes (at least mine). You might want to consider changing the colour.
    Well hopefully you'll be free to mod in new parties... which ofcourse will mean you should be able to choose their colour, and if you could do that the old parties colour would most likely be moddable too.

Very nice, with the every action having a reaction from the parties (although not necassarily every one). The thing I'm most impressed with though is "birth province" and "current location", this could definitely be interesting.

US Secretary of Awesome Yuri_Kenobi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Wow, this is becoming quite a unique game. I always thought the problem with Rome was that it's essentially EU3 lite, now this is something completely else.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri_Kenobi
    Wow, this is becoming quite a unique game. I always thought the problem with Rome was that it's essentially EU3 lite, now this is something completely else.
    Yeah, EU3 never had a senate so I am thrilled to see how it will be implemented in VV.

We'll see how long I can go against the seante without any consequences
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

I see that they improvements some interface. I hope that game will more addictive than so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri_Kenobi
    I agree, it looks like it'll become a nice mix between Crusader Kings and EU3, and that's great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3