• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any tree ready for Reed? :D

That was certainly sudden. It'll be interesting to see how willing France's puppet states are to carry on the war now their master's utterly crippled. I wonder why Reed didn't flee Paris while he had the chance? Surely he must have the greatest reason of all to fear American retribution.

I wonder how much longer the Syndicalists will carry on the fighting now that France is completely beaten. My hunch is that the German states and Italy will beg for mercy before the Americans get another atomic bomb (or when they drop the next one:D ). France, Spain and Britain, though, might countinue fighting in Africa and central Europe. I predict the war will be over by the end of 1948 though...

Any thoughts on the future adminstration of Europe? Oh, and what about Russia, Japan and China? If World War III starts in this timeline, it's going to be amazing.

I believe you should use the 1399 EU3 map to guide the partition of France. ;)

Some people says that all it takes for evil to win is for enough good men to do nothing. They should say that all it takes for evil to win is nothing.

Some people says that all it takes for evil to win is for enough good men to do nothing. They should say that all it takes for evil to win is nothing.

And good women? What about them? ;):D

Might I suggest as a final bit of irony, and a chance to give them all a final piece of French culture, that instead of being hung, Reed and his remaining colleagues be sent to gulloutine (I known I've spelt that wrong...):rofl:

Great job. You sure did beat France handily. Looks like your nukes will not be needed. It is strange that Reed decided to stay in Paris. He probably figured that their was no where else to run once France fell and decided not to delay the inevitable.

Might I suggest as a final bit of irony, and a chance to give them all a final piece of French culture, that instead of being hung, Reed and his remaining colleagues be sent to gulloutine (I known I've spelt that wrong...):rofl:

Or, we could do it the American way: Give Reed a full pardon on the condition that he cease conspiring against the sitting US government and agrees to never pursue political office, then allow him to live out a full life in the private sphere.

There are very good reasons that Jefferson Davis was not hung after the Civil War, and the continue to apply 80 years later for Reed.

Plushie- Reed and his goons are responsible for a lot more damage than any CSA leader. Also, with passions rising high because of the war, it might be decided to eliminate Reed before he can cause any more problems...

is this the end of the war? it seems, well, anticlimactic.?
:confused:

I was under the impression that most of the french were fanatical syndicalist and would fight for their commune. Was hoping for something similar to what would have happened if the US had invaded japan. (getting bugged down into a long and painful advance with many casualties.)

but conquering all of France in less than a month without so much as to a revolt? meh

Plushie- Reed and his goons are responsible for a lot more damage than any CSA leader. Also, with passions rising high because of the war, it might be decided to eliminate Reed before he can cause any more problems...

It could also be the spark that lights the tinder box of remaining syndicalist resentment in the Rust Belt part of the country. Seeing Reed given a full pardon would reconcile many remaining syndicalists to the US Federal government, just as it did for many inhabitants of Dixie after the first Civil War.

Plus, it would make Reed look like a real asshole for running in the first place.

I am glad to see the Americans occupy Paris. What will come of France after the war?

It could also be the spark that lights the tinder box of remaining syndicalist resentment in the Rust Belt part of the country. Seeing Reed given a full pardon would reconcile many remaining syndicalists to the US Federal government, just as it did for many inhabitants of Dixie after the first Civil War.

Plus, it would make Reed look like a real asshole for running in the first place.

I agree with you, Plushie. I don't think the Americans should lynch Reed, especially since it might rile up the Syndicalists back home. No need to stir the hornet nest when peace seems to be on the horizon.

I am glad to see the Americans occupy Paris. What will come of France after the war?
I agree with you, Plushie. I don't think the Americans should lynch Reed, especially since it might rile up the Syndicalists back home. No need to stir the hornet nest when peace seems to be on the horizon.
But America doesn't want peace, just more war.

And thus I return to commenting! I'm very impressed with the encirclement and destruction of France's armies, I know that it's not the most preferable way realism-wise but exciting nontheless! I've pulled off similar things myself, and simple as they may seem on paper, they sure are nerve-wracking during!

I really can't see the smaller states lasting much longer. While France will naturally expend countless resources forcibly keeping the public and governments in line, that will only distract from the the US advance, and embitter the populations. I think that by the end of this war, the peoples of Europe will welcome American occupation.