• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2Coats said:
The metropolis effects of the built up areas are great!

I agree, but as soon as I find out how I will mod them to look like a real map of the city, so you can recognize the layout of the cities :)

The Great Duck said:
If I am not mistaken,the day of the week in the first screens was wrong,so maybe they have taken it out to fix it?

it took much space in the interface.

general_ said:
i4laav.jpg

This even fits better with the historic plan...

1196s0l.png

Jolt said:
One thing you might have to be quick on, General: Remove the invasion pic, edit out the swastikas, then put it back in. I'd stress out fastness.

This is rediculous... The world is a mad place......

I wonder what that round button (with the German Balkan-Cross) just below the 'menu' button will do.

Andy_Dandy said:
This is rediculous... The world is a mad place......
No it's not. First of all, you shouldn't criticise the rules openly; send a PM to an admin instead.
Swastikas are illegal in most contexts in some countries, which means that if this forum was rife with them it might get banned/blocked in Germany and I don't think Paradox would like that.

Veldmaarschalk said:
I wonder what that round button (with the German Balkan-Cross) just below the 'menu' button will do.
Total guesswork, but I have a feeling it might be something akin to the outliner from EU3...

Veldmaarschalk said:

Perhaps it's for getting up a quick-list overview of your armies, like in EU3 or EU; Rome?

NB: But then again, you'll have a hell more of armies and fleets as a superior power in HOI3 then in those games.... Will be exciting to see how they'll make it easy accsessable.

Andy_Dandy said:
Perhaps it's for getting up a quick-list overview of your armies, like in EU3 or EU; Rome?

NB: But then again, you'll have a hell more of armies and fleets as a superior power in HOI3 then in those games.... Will be exciting to see how they'll make it easy accsessable.

Or who you are at war with, like what NA added in the bottom right corner ;)

I doubt it, as Britain wasn't at war with Germany on the 2nd of January :D

Gigalocus said:
Or who you are at war with, like what NA added in the bottom right corner ;)

I doubt it, as Britain wasn't at war with Germany on the 2nd of January :D

Would also get a little cluttered when playing an axis country later on ;)

Not really. They were divided into wars with separate blocs. As of January, 1942, there would be two blocs for the Axis (Britain and aligned; Russia and aligned) and two blocs for the Western Allies (Germany and aligned; Japan and aligned).

The war summary links were useful in EU3, but I don't think they'd be critical in HoI3. There'd generally be one to three on the go and would not be a distraction if they were included.

Thanks for keeping us informed with the diary! I am looking forward to the next one.

So far, things look great! (Although I like general_'s proposal for the additional provinces in southern England. :) )

Gormadoc said:
So where do i have to send a case of scotch to become an alpha tester ?

:D
Well, you can try sending it to me, although I don't guarantee on that tester thingie... :D