• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Johan said:
We also wanted to give combat a more blitzkrieg feeling. With more provinces there is more opportunities for you to carve out armoured breakthroughs and exploitation. Creating opportunities for encirclements or battles of manoeuvre were both sides. Mobile troops attack and counter attack. We are aiming to try and create a canvas were you can practice the operational art.

And what about defenses ?

Sarmatia1871 said:
:D Huzzah - looks interesting!

On a purely poetic level, it is also quite amusing that it will be possible to bomb Slough...

The English geography isn't great, on the whole. But I strongly press for Slough to be kept as a province. Preferably we should have small-province-specific targeting, for Slough in particular.

For anyone confused...

http://www-cdr.stanford.edu/intuition/Slough.html

OHgamer said:
excellent, just excellent.

One question, is the tripling of size based on the size of the current HoI2 map or the current EU3 map dimensions (I'm hazarding to guess the latter).

Just to confirm that is based on the number of pixels in the EU3 map.

King said:
Just to confirm that is based ont he number of pixels in the EU3 map.

thank you.

King said:
Just to confirm that is based on the number of pixels in the EU3 map.

EU3 map is 1872x720 pixels in size: 3x that gives 5616x2160 pixels.

That's a pixel being about 7km (almost 4.5 miles) in length on the equator, and on average about 320 pixels (a block 18x18 pixels) per land province.

Akjosch said:

That's a pixel being about 7km (almost 4.5 miles) in length on the equator, and on average about 320 pixels (a block 18x18 pixels) per land province.

though it should be pointed out that cartographer modders working with EU3 have been able to make province with much smaller dimensions on a much smaller map. The MEIOU map I believe has provinces that are, in total, only about a dozen pixels in size, perhaps smaller (some of those Central European provinces in the map are very small).

Not saying that having such small provinces would be ideal for an HoI3 map, but it does suggest the degree of refinement a modder willing to put in the time and effort *might* be able to achieve, given what we know is already possible with the maps created by EU3 and Rome cartographer modders.

Akjosch said:

with the usual deformations in Europe (bigger than real)

Perhaps a couple of weeks early to discuss this, but since Johan mentioned land combat algorithms...
I really hope that combat event chance modifiers will use an "us vs them" system instead of the "just us" in HoI2, since the former will allow, for instance, the Soviets to develop land doctrines that reduce the chance of breakthroughs and encirclements to occur during German attacks, while with the HoI2 system the Germans are far more likely to achieve a breakthrough combat event in 1945 than in 1941, against any opponent - assuming, of course, combat events are not replaced by something entirely different in HoI3.

Looks nice.

Looking good, soon i will be able to make Britian a total island fortress,

You are pretty close to that "WW2-field-map-look".

Nice work! :)

Akjosch said:

That meens that, in average, each province will be a 2240km2 or 15876k2 of surface?

I am not very keen on maths and I have doubts if to pass from pixels to km I need to multiply the whole result (320) by 7 or I need to multiply the first factor (18) by 7, the other factor as well by 7 and finally multiply each other (126x126) xD

Can you tell me what was the correct answer?? :p

(if it is the first, I hope that, eventually, they will included Álava/Vitoria-Gasteiz like province! xD)

Looks great. But i suggest adding a few more provinces for making Sealion a bit more interesting and with more tactical options and maneuvering space...

i4laav.jpg

rommel_sniper said:
That meens that, in average, each province will be a 2240km2 or 15876k2 of surface?

No. It's easier. Total land area (excluding Antarctica) is 135 million km². That means that each of the 10000 provinces have on average 1/10000th of that, or 13500 km² (that's either a square of 115km on each side, or a circle 130km in diameter).