+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #1 - 15th of October 2008

The boy with the þ in his side Sling Shot's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Lookin' good!
    Last.fm Join the Paradoxians / Tell us about it here! / My profile: 11slingshot11
    Owner of 368 soos memorial badges of the third degree!
    '54, '74, '90, 2014

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by mib
    Waiting for China pics...
    This.
    And the pre-Barbarossa Russo-German border!
    //Hallsten

UPCOMING!Hallsten's EUrofi3r, CK to EU3 savefile converter
    Hallsten's Unified HOI2/DD/ARMA Generator Utility
    NEW: Hallsten's Unified HOI3 Generator Utility
    HOI2 sleep-event for Germany's Old Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Hallsten
    This.
    And the pre-Barbarossa Russo-German border!
    This.
    And the area around Leningrad. e.g. if Mga, Sinyavino, Shlissel'burg are included on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tracid
    that´s spam.
    D: Sorry about that.

But yeah, what The_Carbonater said. The earlier combat version was a bit too..mathematical per say. Hopefully, the larger number of provinces will change that.
    Expect the best, Prepare for the worst.
    ~Muhammad Ali Jinnah
    Failure is a word unknown to me.
    ~Muhammad Ali Jinnah

An AAR with Sinkiang? Blasphemy!- DEAD
    The Glorious Empire of AfghAARnistan!- DEAD
    The East AARfrican Union!- ALIVE

200k clubDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update.

One criticism... is it just me or does London look as developed as it is today?

Scholaris Medievalis Historie lordy80011's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Everything looks great so far -- except that England is Wehrmacht gray... ugh!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by noddy102
    Thanks for the update.

One criticism... is it just me or does London look as developed as it is today?
    That's historically accurate, I'd say. London's population reached a peak in 1939.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_London#Population

I love the way the new map looks and I have always wanted more provinces to balance the map out. I always got frustrated when trying to play minors such as Brazil in Hoi2. Having provinces that are the size of 4 or 5 + European provinces really hurt elements of combat and maneuver.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

This looks great, i also agree with the additional provinces in the south of England, cant wait for pics of China either.

looks great! Looking forward to seeing more.
    "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
    - Ambrose Bierce

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I wonder, will there be some sort of "unit limit" for provinces now? The whole schwerpunkt idea of major offensives might be a bit overpowered if there isnt one.
    "Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." -Dark Helmet
    "... If you can't send help send two more women! ... Make that three more women!" -Groucho Marx
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." -Napoleon

Lord of the baltic sea Airfixer's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I can't bare going through 8 pages of "looks great", "looks fantastic", "great work" and so on, so I'm just gonna ask

how often will we see a new dev diary?
    //Airfixer
    "Lev livet medan du kan, livet går inte i repris"

Vem fan vill att livet skall gå i repris? Då kan man ju inte ändra något

"Live your life while you can, the life doesn't have a replay"

who tha hell wants the life to have a replay? Then you can't change anything

WyK1ngs superb HoI III ideas !

Eternal leader of all Ducks The Great Duck's Avatar

Every Wednesday,I presume,although there will be some longer periods of waiting during the holidays.
    LONG LIVE CROATIA
    Nationality: Croat
    Religion: Agnostic/Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Issues: Moralism/Jingoism
    Mods and projects that need your attention:Modern Day Scenario-Cold War-Kaiserreich-1914-Mod33-E3 Project-Whites and Reds-Arms and Amistice
    Support the Unified HoI3 historical mod initiative!-Wote for my AAR in the HOI3 AAR contest!
    Me on Youtube
    The new leader of mankind!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLost Empire - Immortals
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, 104011556303312, Hamilton, Ontario
    Thanks Johan for the update looks great!
    "FOR KING and COUNTRY"

"Don't enjoy winning if your not prepared to lose once in a while!"

www.facebook.com/wargamesimulations

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Duck
    Every Wednesday,I presume,although there will be some longer periods of waiting during the holidays.
    The first screenshots appeared on 1 Oct, the first diary at 15 Oct, and nothing else so far. Hence, I would guess that we probably see screenies on every 1st of a month, and a new diary on every 15th.

Likely, a more precise answer would be that they arrive precisely when Johan means them to do.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

a hill in the capital, but not Capitol Hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmelk
    The first screenshots appeared on 1 Oct, the first diary at 15 Oct, and nothing else so far. Hence, I would guess that we probably see screenies on every 1st of a month, and a new diary on every 15th.

Likely, a more precise answer would be that they arrive precisely when Johan means them to do.
    Considering it hasn't even been a week since the first dev. diary, I would guess that Johan plans diaries once every one or two weeks.
    Played as the Loanshark of Europe, the Duchy of Flanders and then the King of France in Ultima Ratio Regnum/AAR Thread (Abandoned)
    Solo AARs:
    To Granada and Beyond: A Comprehensive History of Spain EU3, Castile, (Abandoned due to patches)
    What Nerds do with a Day Off: A 7-Player Diplomacy AAR (Abandoned)

P'dox Forum Pet Peeves: When people refer to countries as 'factions'.
    Complaints about newer games that fall entirely under the They Changed It Now It Sucks trope.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

I havent red thru all in this thread and I havent found it in other posts either: As the provinces will be three times more now, will you break down the units in smaller pieces to? I.E from divisions to brigades or regiment?

i think divisions will remain the basic and smallest unit.

(Though of course you will be able to attach more brigades to the division, the change in HoI3 will be that you can attach up to 3 brigades, iirc).

Quote Originally Posted by Tskb18
    i think divisions will remain the basic and smallest unit.

(Though of course you will be able to attach more brigades to the division, the change in HoI3 will be that you can attach up to 3 brigades, iirc).
    Where did you hear about the 3 brigades? I haven't seen any official news on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranni
    I havent red thru all in this thread and I havent found it in other posts either: As the provinces will be three times more now, will you break down the units in smaller pieces to? I.E from divisions to brigades or regiment?
    It has been confirmed, by King IIRC, that the division is still the smallest unit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast