IF YOU HAVE VISTA AND EU3 IS INSTALLED IN THE PROGRAMS FOLDER, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU TO:
Uninstall EU3 and reinstall in C:\Games\Europa Universalis III\
This will save you a lot of trouble!
If UAC is turned on then doing the normal cache clearing operations of a normal installation will not be enough. You must go to:
Inside that folder you should find the
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Paradox Interactive
folder. Go to the map subfolder and delete the cache.
Now, find the "mod" folder, inside it you should find the Magna Mundi Platinum subfolder. Inside the Magna Mundi Platinum folder you have the map folder which has a cache you should delete as well.
After performing these cleaning operations when you start a new MMP game you should not have the same problems
In the C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\map\cache folder there will be a button 'Compatibility Files' in the top toolbar if UAC is active and Vista has protected the Program Files folder from writes.
By clicking that button the VirtualStore folder will be opened.
As the VirtualStore is hidden by default, this is probably the easiest way to access it.
The user MUST HAVE administrator privileges ro run the game
Step by Step Install instructions to run MMU with Windows Vista or Windows 7
1. Disable UAC (there's an easy example how-to: http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-disable-UAC)
2. Install Europa Universalis III into any folder except \Profram Files\ or \Program Files (x86)\ (C:\Games\Europa Universalis III will work perfectly).
3. Install the 1.3 patch.
4. Install the Napoleon's Ambition addon (choose the Europa Universalis III folder)
5. Install the 2.2 NA patch.
6. Install the InNomine addon (choose the Europa Universalis III folder)
7. Install the beta 3.2b IN patch (only Nov. 2008 version will work! There's the link - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...68&postcount=2) - Extract the contents of the RAR archive into Europa Universalis III folder.
8. Install the Heir to the Throne addon (choose the Europa Universalis III folder)
9. Install the 4.1 Public Beta HttT patch (not the fixed one! There's the link - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=463136) - Extract the contents of the RAR archive into Europa Universalis III folder.
10. Install the MM Ultimate into the Europa Universalis III\Mod\ folder.
11. Delete the "cashe" folder from the Europa Universalis III\map folder.
For all you Steam users:
Extract beta patches to the following directory "X:\xxxx\Steam\SteamApps\common\europa universalis iii - complete". From there on the filestructure is the same. Start the game via the "EU3.exe" in this directory. If you do it via the desktop-shortcut that Seam created you won`t see the game launcher meaning you cannot choose a mod to play.