• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Strange, this mod was only 400 kb when I downloaded and had no events at all though you mention many new events. :confused:

Downloaded now from the link in the first post, all events are included in that link.

Though remember that the events that are added are only applied when playing the mod scenario, they aren't loaded if you play the unmodded scenarios.

(the events that are added for this mod exist in an independent map and which is directed to automaticly by the game engine when you start the mod's scenario).

Figured it out, the changes that other guy made were also in the first post and did not include the basic stuff.

There's also an amusing bug. As Germany, if you have a war with France, you get simultaneous events to invade the Netherlands, or get an easy alliance with them. :wacko:

China also seems immensely powerful in this mod, far out of depth. They should be split up a bit.

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

There's also an amusing bug. As Germany, if you have a war with France, you get simultaneous events to invade the Netherlands, or get an easy alliance with them. :wacko:

It's a bug that occur at times, will spend some time to remove it later on.

China also seems immensely powerful in this mod, far out of depth. They should be split up a bit.

Actually it's supposed to be a counter to Mexico.

If one of the main event chains occur (the Japanese axis against China) then China usually collapse.

More events to create a Chinese civil war is expected to be included sooner or later, either for HoI2 or else in HoI3 - depending on time and how good a game HoI3 is.

Ok, first really long game and some observations....

#1. Some nations have absolutely horrible intelligence. I know the AI is a cheater, but it's definitely cheap to not have them upgrade their intelligence over time just as the player does. The new intelligence system should be used more; I was almost never hit by any espionage at all because my system was so much more advanced.

#2. Many nations completely ignore naval warfare. They literally build no ships at all for the whole game and not even research in that direction.

#3. On the other hand, land warfare is extremely emphasized by some nations. I remember taking on 1945 infantry in '44, in Africa. Angola had been beelining infantry at the expense of everything else.

#4. On an amusing note, China had 30+ interceptors but they were never used. From checking out a savegame I saw that China had researched NONE of the air doctrines at all, despite having dozens of interceptors, and no other air units. The AI doesn't build and place air bases, though I don't know if this is fixable.

#5. Why are some techs dependent on the USSR being wiped out? That's a very big if. They should NOT get to ally with China. It results in Chinese having far too good technology, and the USSR having no credible opposition, unless I'm playing as Germany. :D

#6. France and Germany fought to a stalemate very easily. There was no French or German revolutions or anything. They were stuck. Germany was pushed back to Berlin and the western provinces around it, but had packed them so much that French advances were impossible. Kind of like North Africa in vanilla, where Italy and UK are stuck.

#7. Too much peace in general. Without any HUGE alliances like the Allies and Axis, there need to be more events to force the AI to fight, lots more events. Bolivia united South America and then did absolutely nothing else, despite being a credible threat to the whole hemisphere. Japan never even went to war. The USSR usually invades Turkmenistan and Siberia but leaves Ukraine alone. Maybe I'll try furious aggression next time...

#8. Lack of leaders for some nations. The Ottomans for example can't make a big air force. I tried but ran out of men.

#9. Lack of ministers.

#10. Tech teams are balanced *if* alliances manage to form. If some of the important ones fail, many nations left out become technologically backwards very quickly. Since the computer techs for some reason aren't researchable, there should be stronger tech teams across the board, but a few nations might need to be toned down, like Germany.

#11. Quebec is way too big for a puppet. Its southern provinces should be given to the ridiculously small Confederates, and the USA.

#12. Give cores to more nations, to encourage war. The USA has huge potential due to its cores alone. Ukraine (could be credible conquerors of the divided Russia), Persia (could easily gobble up Turkmenistan), Finland (should have the ambition of Scandinavian dominance, just like Sweden), and Germany (what about Anschluss?) are some of the most noticeable nations that could use more cores.

Overall a great mod with a lot of potential. :cool:

Overall a great mod with a lot of potential. :cool:

Thanks a lot! :)

#1. Some nations have absolutely horrible intelligence. I know the AI is a cheater, but it's definitely cheap to not have them upgrade their intelligence over time just as the player does. The new intelligence system should be used more; I was almost never hit by any espionage at all because my system was so much more advanced.

I got no idea how to fix this. This is something the latest patch has done and as the AI for some countries are still the same as the patched AI it means that the problem is with the new patch - not the mod. :(

#2. Many nations completely ignore naval warfare. They literally build no ships at all for the whole game and not even research in that direction.

Worked on it. Angola is switching to an airforce / navy atm in case they annex Ethiopia.

Events for Bolivia to do the same if they unite South America is also applied.

#3. On the other hand, land warfare is extremely emphasized by some nations. I remember taking on 1945 infantry in '44, in Africa. Angola had been beelining infantry at the expense of everything else.

I tried to make the player to at least get problems on land warefare.

Especielly tried to work with the AI of Germany's neighbours and played a bit with the Australian and Angolan AIs.

#4. On an amusing note, China had 30+ interceptors but they were never used. From checking out a savegame I saw that China had researched NONE of the air doctrines at all, despite having dozens of interceptors, and no other air units. The AI doesn't build and place air bases, though I don't know if this is fixable.

Cheers for telling me! :)

Will be fixed when I can.

#5. Why are some techs dependent on the USSR being wiped out? That's a very big if. They should NOT get to ally with China. It results in Chinese having far too good technology, and the USSR having no credible opposition, unless I'm playing as Germany. :D

Not sure what you mean?

A China - USSR union is to create a counter to a united Europe, Australia and Africa. The goal is for a larger alliance to be created on each continent and larger continental warefare with nukes etc.

#6. France and Germany fought to a stalemate very easily. There was no French or German revolutions or anything. They were stuck. Germany was pushed back to Berlin and the western provinces around it, but had packed them so much that French advances were impossible. Kind of like North Africa in vanilla, where Italy and UK are stuck.

How did that war start? That have never happend for me. :eek:

#7. Too much peace in general. Without any HUGE alliances like the Allies and Axis, there need to be more events to force the AI to fight, lots more events. Bolivia united South America and then did absolutely nothing else, despite being a credible threat to the whole hemisphere. Japan never even went to war. The USSR usually invades Turkmenistan and Siberia but leaves Ukraine alone. Maybe I'll try furious aggression next time...

I am still working on more wars, but I guess you never experienced the Mexican civil war nor the anti-British alliance?

#8. Lack of leaders for some nations. The Ottomans for example can't make a big air force. I tried but ran out of men.

Know - it is as they don't have more leaders with vanilla. Would like anyone with historical knowledge on the Ottomans to help me out on that.

#9. Lack of ministers.

Anyone whom wish to help me adding more ministers are happy to do so.

I need more ministers but don't got enough historical knowledge of the important people of the time myself. :(

#10. Tech teams are balanced *if* alliances manage to form. If some of the important ones fail, many nations left out become technologically backwards very quickly. Since the computer techs for some reason aren't researchable, there should be stronger tech teams across the board, but a few nations might need to be toned down, like Germany.

Add a random event to add special research and it should be done. Just that I have removed those random events temporarily as I wanted to remake the tech tree.

Germany is toned down extremely a lot in case the main event chain fires.

#11. Quebec is way too big for a puppet. Its southern provinces should be given to the ridiculously small Confederates, and the USA.

If all the events I had planned was to be added Quebec would either be fighting for world domination or collapse on it's own accord.

Atm it's following the Lousiana lands + Quebec and I think it's in an historical context is fine.

#12. Give cores to more nations, to encourage war. The USA has huge potential due to its cores alone. Ukraine (could be credible conquerors of the divided Russia), Persia (could easily gobble up Turkmenistan), Finland (should have the ambition of Scandinavian dominance, just like Sweden), and Germany (what about Anschluss?) are some of the most noticeable nations that could use more cores.

I try to add only cores that can be justified by history. But cheers for the tip, will see what I can do about it.

But don't you think the cores are fine as they are? Most of the large nations has lots of cores on their neighbours?

Some history can be ignored. The Roman Empire isn't coming back. :p But Greater Persia has just as much history trying to take over Turkmenistan as the Russians. Throwing in the UK might be a bit much though, their style emphasized puppets instead of directly taking that land.

Uniting Scandinavia seems dubious, but if Sweden has that ambition there's no reason for Finland not to have it.

The Ukraine is in a very strong starting position, but lacks any outside cores at all.

Germany lacks cores in the Habsburg lands and even on Memel. There's very little incentive to expand South, compared to taking those French, Dutch, and Swedish lands.

The war between Germany and France started I think from the second option, uniting the volk. France simply brought too much to the table for Germany, but Germany was able to toe the line indefinitely.

The Mexican civil war happened well, but the US landscape was an absolute mess in the end, a real hodgepodge. Some event after the war should set up sane boundaries. Instead of a big anti-British alliance, the Scots simply marched down and took over. :rofl: The US was easily able to then take New England, and Angola gobbled up the UK's African colonies. It was bizarre.

I had a much easier time with one dimensional Angola (I was Ottomans) because of their complete lack of a navy. Their land units were tough but it was simple to take their wealthy coastal provinces with my destroyer fleet. :D

i played as the CSA and had an interesting game.

i immediately attacked the USA and annexing in 2 weeks (they had 1 division to my 15). i then built a navy and took all of the UK but agreed on a settlement for all their western hemisphere posessions (for flavour). i did the same with spain. i then enmassed 80 divisions, allied germany and the ottomans, and attack the french-austrian alliance. it took a year to kill quebec, which broke through to new york and almost won but it couldnt hold the missouri front becuase my armor encirled 15 divisions. I was slightly out numbered but dead even everywhere else. the french showed up but it was too late by 1941. germany got into a war with holland though and was annexed by austria. UK dowed spain which joined our alliance and i tookover UK again, puppeting (that navy). the spanish immediately did a blitzkrieg into france, reaching paris but were thrown back by a massive austrian-french force which annihilated their army. i did a cross channel invasion and reach paris myself until that army came up from spain and broke through my center at toulouse but a steady stream of divisions from the mainland plugged the gap and i sent my armor through holland to outflank the magoit line and annexed (they had the rhineland and leipzig btw). in russia, the SU beat the whites and dowed finland and ukraine, lost alot of ground and the finns and ukrainians came together at moscow. in the north its a slugging match with the finns giving ground very very slowly while the ukrainians pushed far into russia but were pushed back to the don where they have been jammed for several years. they attacked the caucasus and got baku and most of persia where another stalemate has erupted. i nofogged to see wut the division counts were. ukraine had 60 and finland had 40 compared to 110 SU and 10 turkmenistanian. though the commie chinese are allied, theyre sittin on their asses. im thinking of a showdown with mexico which never had a civil war. should be a titantic struggle. i got 225 divisions, with 12 armor and 6 mot. 12 INTs and 8 TACs.

Some history can be ignored. The Roman Empire isn't coming back. :p But Greater Persia has just as much history trying to take over Turkmenistan as the Russians. Throwing in the UK might be a bit much though, their style emphasized puppets instead of directly taking that land.

Uniting Scandinavia seems dubious, but if Sweden has that ambition there's no reason for Finland not to have it.

The Ukraine is in a very strong starting position, but lacks any outside cores at all.

Germany lacks cores in the Habsburg lands and even on Memel. There's very little incentive to expand South, compared to taking those French, Dutch, and Swedish lands.

The war between Germany and France started I think from the second option, uniting the volk. France simply brought too much to the table for Germany, but Germany was able to toe the line indefinitely.

The Mexican civil war happened well, but the US landscape was an absolute mess in the end, a real hodgepodge. Some event after the war should set up sane boundaries. Instead of a big anti-British alliance, the Scots simply marched down and took over. :rofl: The US was easily able to then take New England, and Angola gobbled up the UK's African colonies. It was bizarre.

I had a much easier time with one dimensional Angola (I was Ottomans) because of their complete lack of a navy. Their land units were tough but it was simple to take their wealthy coastal provinces with my destroyer fleet. :D

Hmm, thanks for the feedback, will check to see what I can do. :)

i played as the CSA and had an interesting game.

i immediately attacked the USA and annexing in 2 weeks (they had 1 division to my 15). i then built a navy and took all of the UK but agreed on a settlement for all their western hemisphere posessions (for flavour). i did the same with spain. i then enmassed 80 divisions, allied germany and the ottomans, and attack the french-austrian alliance. it took a year to kill quebec, which broke through to new york and almost won but it couldnt hold the missouri front becuase my armor encirled 15 divisions. I was slightly out numbered but dead even everywhere else. the french showed up but it was too late by 1941. germany got into a war with holland though and was annexed by austria. UK dowed spain which joined our alliance and i tookover UK again, puppeting (that navy). the spanish immediately did a blitzkrieg into france, reaching paris but were thrown back by a massive austrian-french force which annihilated their army. i did a cross channel invasion and reach paris myself until that army came up from spain and broke through my center at toulouse but a steady stream of divisions from the mainland plugged the gap and i sent my armor through holland to outflank the magoit line and annexed (they had the rhineland and leipzig btw).

Great that you liked it! :)

in russia, the SU beat the whites and dowed finland and ukraine, lost alot of ground and the finns and ukrainians came together at moscow. in the north its a slugging match with the finns giving ground very very slowly while the ukrainians pushed far into russia but were pushed back to the don where they have been jammed for several years. they attacked the caucasus and got baku and most of persia where another stalemate has erupted. i nofogged to see wut the division counts were. ukraine had 60 and finland had 40 compared to 110 SU and 10 turkmenistanian. though the commie chinese are allied, theyre sittin on their asses. im thinking of a showdown with mexico which never had a civil war. should be a titantic struggle. i got 225 divisions, with 12 armor and 6 mot. 12 INTs and 8 TACs.

Hmm, will check what I can do.

Playing as the CSA, and taking on Quebec, is one of the biggest examples of the need of tanks and headquarters. They will simply pack their northern provinces with so many units that air power will be shot down and humiliated. You need to be able to attack with 24 unit stacks, and even then infantry alone might not be enough. A dozen tanks helped me a lot when I took them on.

By the way, the CSA has very poor generals. :( It would be much more fitting for most of the Eastern US provinces to have less IC, but the CSA to have an edge in tech (already good) and leadership (not so much, currently). That way it would be most like the real Civil War. Quebec should then be an industrial powerhouse with horrible leaders. :D

By the way, the CSA has very poor generals. :( It would be much more fitting for most of the Eastern US provinces to have less IC, but the CSA to have an edge in tech (already good) and leadership (not so much, currently). That way it would be most like the real Civil War. Quebec should then be an industrial powerhouse with horrible leaders. :D

If you can add leaders (edit the leader file and add leaders for CSA - please keep it realistic, not too many super-leaders please) then Ill add them in the mod as quickly as I can. :)

If you can add leaders (edit the leader file and add leaders for CSA - please keep it realistic, not too many super-leaders please) then Ill add them in the mod as quickly as I can. :)

CSAbadass's Confederate Armageddon mod has lots of leader pictures with Southern backgrounds, if using them is ok with him. Since this is a fantasy scenario, their skills ought to be quite different from their actual real life abilities, for balance as well as context (to hold back all those other nations the South would have to be very tough). And yes, I also think some of Germany's leaders are a bit too good. That would be much harder to balance though, since it usually loses to France due to a poor AI. :(

CSAbadass's Confederate Armageddon mod has lots of leader pictures with Southern backgrounds, if using them is ok with him. Since this is a fantasy scenario, their skills ought to be quite different from their actual real life abilities, for balance as well as context (to hold back all those other nations the South would have to be very tough). And yes, I also think some of Germany's leaders are a bit too good. That would be much harder to balance though, since it usually loses to France due to a poor AI. :(

Actually it looses to France as:
- I've improved the French AI.
- I've added events to simulate a larger chance of an political collapse within Germany there both communists and nazis fight to take power.

Germany is supposed to either loose or have quite a heavy time before winning. I'm surprised of the people claiming stalement, must be times when Germany succeeded to keep themselves stabile without too much upheaval.

Maybe will ask CSAbadass if I can lend his generals in the next couple of days.

It's definitely my favorite mod for multi player sessions.
Btw.
One more "bug" I'd like to report is Austria-Hungarys name being "Asutro-Hungary". I made a typo :p

It's definitely my favorite mod for multi player sessions.
Btw.
One more "bug" I'd like to report is Austria-Hungarys name being "Asutro-Hungary". I made a typo :p

So it's officially tried in multiplayer now? Sweet! :)

I fixed that by changing it into the Habsburg empire in the next version, though do you think that Austria-Hungary is better name?

Next version is to be released the 18th of january if everything goes according to schedule (together with an space strategy game I've programmed). :)

Habsburg empire sounds better I think.
Maybe you could think about new ministers and tech teams? I guess I could look into it a bit. PM me if interested :D

Btw. Don't know what could be not comaptible in multiplayer :p.

Habsburg empire sounds better I think.
Maybe you could think about new ministers and tech teams? I guess I could look into it a bit. PM me if interested :D

Btw. Don't know what could be not comaptible in multiplayer :p.

If you have any ideas of new ministers/tech teams, then please send them in as I've wished for it for ages!

Especially Angola, Ethiopia, Ottomans and Mexico are in dire needs of leaders/ministers. :)