• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sweden

hi in the mod Sweden lack energi but the mod is good you could do so its more energi in the Finnish teretorys of Sweden that i think every Swed want to conquer the provinses in Estonia maby sholud be considerd national provinses if sweden attack Finland maby in a event :rolleyes:

hi in the mod Sweden lack energi but the mod is good you could do so its more energi in the Finnish teretorys of Sweden that i think every Swed want to conquer the provinses in Estonia maby sholud be considerd national provinses if sweden attack Finland maby in a event :rolleyes:

All right, cheers. :)

I have been thinking that Sweden should be forced to trade energy by selling metal. Is that not working?

Does Sweden need a lot more energy? And if so, how much?

Beta 1.19 is NOW released!

-- Download instructions.

• More events!
  • Hopefully fixed all bugs in earlier events!
  • Better AI!
  • Changed countries starting settings!
  • Further worked for the AI to react on player behavior.
  • Fixed in game colors.

Thanks everyone for the support!

[Some events are not completly finished, if you find an event that got an option that's not completely included, please post the event in question here and I'll fix it until next version]

Last edited:
New version of WiD has been released!

Do you want to participate in something that will matter?

Look here!

The mod World is Divided is downloaded and used by over 100 unique players for each version.

That means that if you do something, create something for this mod, over 100 real people in the real world will experience it!

Over 100 real people will know it's you that made this part of this mod!

So how do you participate and make this possible? How can you be a part of creating something hundreds of HoI2 players will experience?

It's easy!

A full list of things that will be needed for this mod will be updated here as often as possible.

If you want to participate, please post that you wish to do so here and you will be granted access to the mod's group forum.

And that is not all! If you actively help this mod then you will be awarded Skarion cookies (as other people has already been, including the forum user Flooper X).

So what you waiting for? Help this mod to become complete!

I hope I'll hear from you all shortly!

Last edited:
What happened to the Finnish empire?:confused:

?

A larger Finish state is in the game, yes. What do you mean, "what happend to the Finnish empire"?

I just downloaded it, hope it fixes some of the problems of the previous versions

It fixes a lot of them.

A few still exist, which I hope to fix in case I get someone to tell me them.

Atm I only got myself and Flooper that's looking for bugs, and replaying this mod 10-20 times just to try finding bugs takes time.

Just posting the bugs you find here would be fully appreciated.

And I would also appreciate any voluntueering help with the modding. :)

Last edited:
Well, I have played two games thus far, both were pretty odd.

Game 1: Germany

I began by building infantry, tanks, motorized infantry, and IC. I researched all sorts of stuff, and events went normally. Russia was conquered by the Soviets (despite me sending aid). The Reichstag of '37 hit, and I chose "unite the German volk!". I improved relations with Persia and the Ottomans. This is when things went a little nuts.

The USA forged the anti-Britain alliance. They didn't ask the Confederates, and Scotland said no, leaving only the USA and Ireland. When war began, both began making progress. Suddenly, the Americans lost their momentum, British troops began landing on American land by sea, and the Americans were annexed soon after. The desperate Irish rushed Northern Ireland, but soon the British struck again, gaining a foothold in Cork and then streaming over the rest of Ireland and taking the capital. Things were then quiet for a while, as there were no events for the British winning against the Americans.

I gained some easy land from the Netherlands and Sweden. The Soviets demanded the remaining republics join them. Siberia and Turkmenistan accepted, the Mongols said "HORSES" and began raiding Soviet territory (though they were eventually put down about a year later).

Mexico had its civil war, with Texas and California seceding. Their dissent would appear to have been around the 100s range, and revolts sprouted everywhere. Communist Texas made some progress, but was eventually squished by the Mexicans. Fascist California pushed in all directions, but eventually was bogged down in a long war with the Mexicans (who had regrouped a ways east of the Rockies) .

At this point, I got into war with Austria, alongside the Ottomans (who had allied with me at a 75% chance). Greece stayed neutral, and Hungary was free and an Austrian puppet. I pushed south and made several encirclements, but for some reason they made no effect on the enemy whatsoever. Several times my superior forces (composed with stronger troops like tanks and with 80-95 organization) were smashed by smaller, weaker Austrian armies. My encirclements (in particular, one cutting off the entire Hungarian army from Budapest and another cutting off Austria from their Czech forces by capturing Vienna) made no effect, and I was consistently trounced, my forces barely able to advance and usually pushed back soon after. I decided this game would go no where, so I switched and played a second time.

Game 2: USA

I began by getting industrial techs + infantry/land doctrines. Strangely enough, Angola began by demanding Rhodesia's land, and Rhodesia accepted (meaning no crisis, so the EAU stayed free). Once more, Russia was easily destroyed by the Soviets. Germany allied with the Ottomans, the Austrians allied with France. The Soviets took the "WAR!" option, and began a slow, bloody march east. They advanced at a snail's pace through Siberia, at several points losing battles and having to attack again. Meanwhile, they won some victories in Turkmenistan, but the Turkmenistanis were sneaky. They encircled Soviet divisions twice (crushing them both times), and advanced into Soviet land a couple times, making the Soviets have to put lots of effort into its conquest.

I offered alliance to all 4 potential allies. All except the Confederates accepted. Soon, war began. I easily conquered most of British New England, Northern Ireland was liberated, and a large chunk of Northern England was taken by the Scots. I am quite happy, when suddenly Britain decides to sign peace with Ireland, effecting the entire alliance. I only get a tiny portion of the land I conquered, Scotland gets nothing. I redeclare war. I conquer all of the land, and Scotland pushes into Britain. A sizable portion of the Scottish forces are encircled and destroyed, but the Scots still keep a good position in Britain. Once more, Ireland signs peace. Scotland gets Blackpool, I gain a couple more territories in New England, and the situation returns exactly where it was (except Angola is now invading British-Africa). I left here again, as I know that I cannot beat Britain.

Suggestions:

-When Germany demands Serbia be freed, perhaps some revolts in Austria? It would make sense for the Serbs themselves to revolt, though the Croats, Czechs, etc would be possible too. Maybe Hungary is offered an option to turn on the Austrians, causing a limited civil war?

-You need to fix the Alliance vs Britain war. Seriously. When Northern Ireland is taken, New England conquered, Britain invaded, there should be events to reflect this (depending on who joined the alliance). Peace cannot be an option without events, and the events should be simple (say, the USA conquers New England, peace is made with GB making concessions to the members of the alliance, or if Scotland takes over London)

-The Mexican Civil War is great, but it ought to be fine toned a bit. In my game, Texas was easily smashed and Mexico soon began making counter attacks. I am fairly sure Texas is fine in power, but you need a couple events. It is illogical for California to have to conquer Mexico for victory, so why not just have Mexico sign peace with the rebels (making some concessions, possibly setting up some puppets)? Also, it would be nice to have a Canadian revolter in Alberta or BC, since that area generally becomes an ignored wasteland composed entirely of wandering bands of partisans.

-The USSR would appear to be overpowered in this version, so I would say that Russia needs to have maybe some extra divisions/supplies (I would say they lose because the Soviets make early encirclements and crush the Russians, so perhaps some sort of event where both sides make peace, and then begin attempting to conquer/ally the other former-Russian countries before fighting again?)

-Give Persia something to do, same with India

-The Ottomans need to have some wars/intervention possibilities besides Austria (or Angola, if the events go correctly) They are an empire, and this should be reflected as such (maybe battles with the Arabs and Persians, or the chance to send volunteers to various places?)

Cheers Snoopy, will take action on it shortly! :)

Thought I had fixed the British war. Ah well, Ill do it the drastic way instead.

@balle, that's wrong, Russia do got an army at start. Download the latest version and test for yourself.

@Middelkerke: Yes, United Netherlands are still in the game. And they need events! Want to contribute flavour events for it? Like monarchy, inner policies etc? :)

@Skarion
Can I drop my "pimped out" 1.2 version here?
I've made it some time ago, adding stuff like PA german cabinet, Austro-Hungary, Napoleon VI pic, GER tech team pics etc.

And nice mod :) I'll see if I can contribute some stuff to it (like events), when I get my real life mess sorted out.

@Skarion
Can I drop my "pimped out" 1.2 version here?
I've made it some time ago, adding stuff like PA german cabinet, Austro-Hungary, Napoleon VI pic, GER tech team pics etc.

And nice mod :) I'll see if I can contribute some stuff to it (like events), when I get my real life mess sorted out.

Sounds great! :D

Can you make a summary of changes you made so I know what to look for? :)

Thanks a lot!!! :)

It's kinda late here, so I'll upload the file tomorrow.
It's mainly graphics :)
Changelog:
-added enistein, hahn and napoleon VI pics.
-made germany paternal autocrat, changed ministers to paternal autocrat
-austro-hungarian shield&flag and german empire shield&flag, russian shield&flag (can't renember if russia&germany flags are selfmade using photoshop plugin / flagmaker, or from kaiserreich)
-diffrent (ww1) german propaganda pic
-changed Austria's name to Austro-Hungary

not much :p But I guess it may help.

EDIT
It's here

Last edited: