+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: EU3 Savegame Editor

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries

EU3 Savegame Editor

EU3 Savegame Editor 5.04

This project is currently being succeeded by: EU3 Save Suite.

Tested for the latest version of EU3 HTTT & DW.
    Version 5.04 is for DW
    Version 4.051 is for HTTT supported as is. Has limited features and higher instability than newest version.

Table of Contents
    Download
    Prerequisites
    Changelog
    Known Bugs

Introduction

After many man hours and countless more testing, I am proud to announce a savegame editor has arrived. For those of you who don't know, Eu3 Savegame Editor, by the title, is almost self-explanatory. Basically what you do is download this mod, start up the editor and then you can edit your savegames. Notepad is a very good editor by itself, but sometimes a little more explanation of the different fields would clear up a lot of the confusion. One thing that Notepad cannot do, for instance, is sort countries province within an easy to navigate form. I know, one of the main reasons why I have programmed this mod is because I hated spending the time to search for a specific country or a province. EU3 Savegame Editor fixes this problem by sorting everything so most is within reach in a few seconds of starting up the editor.

Prerequisites:
    You do not need to download the following off their websites, as you are able to download when you attempt to install it (I have just provided the following links because it is easier), but you will need the following:
    Windows Installer 3.1 – http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&DisplayLang=en]Microsoft downloads[/url]
    .Net Framework 4.0 – Microsoft downloads

Changelog:
    Code:
    Monarch administration now saves
    Settings save correctly
    HRE emperor save correctly

Updated reading from "prestige" to "precise_prestige"

Added Globalization support, fixes "The input string had a wrong format"

Fixed saving error that would miss a bracket

Rewritten for DW (faster load & save times)
    Fixed .ico problem (somehow the .ico that was in an abnormal size)
    Edit more features of Leaders & Monarchs
    -Current Leaders and Monarchs displayed more prominently
    Edit Technology
    Edit Advisors

Fixed bug where the editor would clear newly saved file.

Fixed problem with overwriting savegames
    Fixed bug when user had over 8 saves in the "Open Recent List"
    Values up to 2,147,483,647 can be entered in for Treasury, Inflation, Reputation, and Manpower, however values that high break EU3.
    Extracted "EU3savegame.dll" so that future bugs (if related to the dll) don't need a whole new installer.

Released
    Known Bugs For 5.04:
    Once the HRE is unified or dismantled, bugs appear.

Download
    Version 5.03 279 Downloads
    Version 5.02 17 Downloads
    Version 5.01 47 Downloads
    Version 4.051 791 Downloads + current
    Version 4.05 37 Downloads
    Version 4.04 147 Downloads
    Version 3.01 671 Downloads
    Version 3.0 313 Downloads
    Version 2H1 534 Downloads
    Version 2.0: 376 Downloads
    Version 1.15: 316 Downloads
    Version 1.1: 38 Downloads
    Version 1.0: 139 Downloads
    If you don't have access, download (5.04) here
    If you don't have access, download (4.051) here
    Attached Files
    Last edited by comagoosie; 16-06-2012 at 05:28.
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Blog Entries
    Reserved
    Last edited by comagoosie; 29-11-2009 at 20:30.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Would it allow to mod stuff like royal marriages, vassaldom, personal unions ? This would be most useful to sidestep IN's insufferable hardcoded nerfing of diplovassallization and diploannexation.

Also if it allows to mess with Papal controllers, it ought to allow modding the HRE (both electors status and the HRE status of provinces).
    Nationality: Italian
    Religion: Secular Transhumanism
    Ideology: Libertarian Far Right
    Issues: Moralism, Political Correctness

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Irioth
    Would it allow to mod stuff like royal marriages, vassaldom, personal unions ? This would be most useful to sidestep IN's insufferable hardcoded nerfing of diplovassallization and diploannexation.

Also if it allows to mess with Papal controllers, it ought to allow modding the HRE (both electors status and the HRE status of provinces).
    Yes, before the release I was modding with the HRE, but I came into a few problems with a formula to accuractly give the correct information. Don't worry, though, I have always found a way

But I must say, doing royal marriages, vassaldom, and personal unions is a little out of my league for now, there is no possible way, at this moment, to pick out a single country amidst a whole slew of them in the diplomatic section of a country. Of course, I could always add a diplomatic section...

Commander of the Ladybug army ladybug's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I have not actually used it yet but this seems a lot simpler than the other editor out there which I use a lot. A Suggestion could you put something that says weather the sliders are left or right as that something I and I expect a few other people can never remember.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug
    I have not actually used it yet but this seems a lot simpler than the other editor out there which I use a lot. A Suggestion could you put something that says weather the sliders are left or right as that something I and I expect a few other people can never remember.
    I did the best I could for right now. As you might see it says something like:

Free Trade: X

X is how far the slider is towards free trade.

For version 1.1 I am taking many screenshots so that there will be graphical representation which will clear a lot of the confusion.

Note: I thought it would be really cool if the user would be able to click the > button on the slider and it would change, so it would just like the real game!

Romanian Head of State cocodtim's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome Gold500k club

Blog Entries
    congrats!
    this seems extremely useful...i'm sure i'll test it as soon as i have time

nice logo btw
    EU3 single-player, multi-player, modder, failed AAR writer
    EU:Rome single-player, multi-player, modder
    HOI3 single-player, multi-player
    Victoria single-player
    Crusader Kings single-player

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie
    Yes, before the release I was modding with the HRE, but I came into a few problems with a formula to accuractly give the correct information. Don't worry, though, I have always found a way
    Have my trust.

But I must say, doing royal marriages, vassaldom, and personal unions is a little out of my league for now, there is no possible way, at this moment, to pick out a single country amidst a whole slew of them in the diplomatic section of a country. Of course, I could always add a diplomatic section...
    This seems like a truly excellent idea to me. From what I remember about the structure of savegame files, the diplomatic section is one continous whole, so it ought not to be too difficult to create a diplomatic section that loads all the current deals together. It would allow to review all the existing deals, remove or mod them (members, date of start, deal type), and add new ones.
    Nationality: Italian
    Religion: Secular Transhumanism
    Ideology: Libertarian Far Right
    Issues: Moralism, Political Correctness

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Well, I guess I'll have to try it...
    I like that good ol' notepad though

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I need some help with the progam. It runs then says that EU3 is not installed. I find no option to point the program to the correct directory. I even copied the program into the game directory and it still can't find the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17
    I need some help with the progam. It runs then says that EU3 is not installed. I find no option to point the program to the correct directory. I even copied the program into the game directory and it still can't find the game.

then there must be a problem with the registry value for "path" in EU3.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III

If this isn't it, can you be more specific, what is the error?

if you are getting "EU3 is not installed. You must have Europa Univeralis 3 installed." then it is a registry error.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

United Bloody States of Metric F*cktons of IC
    invalid entry for history\provinces file location

please type in blahblahblah
    Chinese Historical Improvements (CHI) Project for HOI3

Consolidated China Improvement Pack (CCIP) for HOI2
    HOI2 | Doomsday | Armageddon | China players beware

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

then there must be a problem with the registry value for "path" in EU3.

If this isn't it, can you be more specific, what is the error?

if you are getting "EU3 is not installed. You must have Europa Univeralis 3 installed." then it is a registry error.
    In the registry there was no "path" string under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III. There was a InNomie string with a value of 3.1.1

I added a new string named path as you suggested with the value "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III IN" and then rebooted.

Still have the same error. Can you post the value in your path entry please as I must have some syntax incorrect.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mib
    invalid entry for history\provinces file location

please type in blahblahblah
    same thing too?

path = C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III

same thing too?

path = C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III

Sorry to be a pain but still does not work. Is the key name path or install path or something else?

Maybe in a future release you can let the editor run and then let us point to the game? Your program looks great and I would like to use it.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to be a pain but still does not work. Is the key name path or install path or something else?

Maybe in a future release you can let the editor run and then let us point to the game? Your program looks great and I would like to use it.
    No we are not done! I will solve this problem and I think I have!

In the registry editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III

make a new string value called "app"

Under "app" put the .exe file path. In my case, "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\eu3.exe"

And yes, in future release the editor will just sense if EU3 is under Add Remove programs.

No we are not done! I will solve this problem and I think I have!

In the registry editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III

make a new string value called "app"

Under "app" put the .exe file path. In my case, "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\eu3.exe"

And yes, in future release the editor will just sense if EU3 is under Add Remove programs.
    Ok that got the program to load but it comes up with error enter valid path in options. When I go to options the defaults look correct and anything I enter is considered invalid for country and province files. I think the save game entry was accepted.

If I leave the options unchange and choose load the program gets an error

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at EU3_savegame_editor.Main.LoadToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    EU3 Savegame Editor
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/EU3%20Savegame%20Editor/EU3%20Savegame%20Editor.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Management
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Blog Entries
    Ok that got the program to load but it comes up with error enter valid path in options. When I go to options the defaults look correct and anything I enter is considered invalid for country and province files. I think the save game entry was accepted.

If I leave the options unchange and choose load the program gets an error
    You get your last error because the valid setting could not be loaded, and that is probably due to my fault. And just to be sure, you left "path" right where it is suppose to be, no? And if you follow path and add "\history\provinces" or "\history\countries" to it, it will bring you to "...Europa Universalis III\history\(provinces or countries)"

Version 1.1 fixes a common bug with the options, which you might be getting.

It seems this is an isolated event, so if you want, I can e-mail version 1.1 to you before I release it, whenever that is. If this is not an isolated event, I suppose I could publicly release it.

You get your last error because the valid setting could not be loaded, and that is probably due to my fault. And just to be sure, you left "path" right where it is suppose to be, no? And if you follow path and add "\history\provinces" or "\history\countries" to it, it will bring you to "...Europa Universalis III\history\(provinces or countries)"

Version 1.1 fixes a common bug with the options, which you might be getting.

It seems this is an isolated event, so if you want, I can e-mail version 1.1 to you before I release it, whenever that is. If this is not an isolated event, I suppose I could publicly release it.
    My correct path is:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III IN
    When I go to options the defaults that pop up are:

Code:
    path = C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III IN\history\provinces

path = C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III IN\history\countries
    The defaults are correct without me doing anything but the program considers them invalid.

"Stuff I need to know:
    What changes did you make?
    Did you do anything that broke rules, such as deleting or adding a core?
    Maybe you added an extra 0 at the end of an integer, such as 3.0000?"

it was an autosave-file where building construction and such already had begun.
    1. I changed BB from 44 to 0
    2. no, but I think I might have increased base tax in one province
    3. I dont think so

I could probably post a screenshot later.
    Southeast Asia Mod
    Re-drawn map, new provinces, new countries
    Old AARs:
    The Northern Lion a Swedish AAR (closed) Was WritAAR of the week during week 30, 2010
    Asian Pearl A Filipino AAR (closed)
    Ps. My name comes from the MGS games, I'm not bossy at all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast