+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: *Whole World Mod* Cartography

Quote Originally Posted by t0m View Post
    What is wrong with the north of England, it aligned to major areas correctly.
    not much wrong in Scotland, mainly army locations. Its England with the crazy text

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by ADP101 View Post
    not much wrong in Scotland, mainly army locations. Its England with the crazy text
    Oh well I didn't do any of the positions so it isn't my fault
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Actually it's stuff like Lincoln, which deserves at least two provinces, if not the logical three- Lincolnshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire. East Anglia, which with the addition of Suffolk should become Norfolk, Cumbria which should really be Cumberland and Westmorland, with Lancashire-north-of-the-sands going to Lancashire. Several of the rivers could do with tidying up or adding- the Trent, the Tyne, even the Severn needs to penetrate Wales.
    Plus, of course, if those Frogs are getting more provinces then we deserve some too :P
    In all seriousness, I think it could be tidied up a little. I'll give it a go when I have a little spare time and see what people think.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

The thing is though that all the extra provinces which England recieved already makes it much more powerful and it is much too easy to play England.
    "I am a dummy-file.

Quote Originally Posted by t0m View Post
    The thing is though that all the extra provinces which England recieved already makes it much more powerful and it is much too easy to play England.
    Word.

when you will add the states of the hre like city ulm and so on? The other small states of the old germany?

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeo92 View Post
    when you will add the states of the hre like city ulm and so on? The other small states of the old germany?
    It's in the works.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Anglo-Icelandic Canadian An Elder Thing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It seems that HTTT added Epirus among other nations, if you'd like I'll look at some atlases to try and figure out the WWM borders of the country; or at least help with them. And if you need help with any other nation added by HTTT just give me a WWM map and I'll look at an Atlas and try and figure these things out. This is not my strong suit, but I loved geography back in high school; and I figure you will need alot of help with all the changes done with the new expansion.
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Am I the only one who thinks that there are far too many island provinces in the Aegean?
    For me, I think this region needs revising, with only major islands such as Euboea, Naxos, Rhodes, Lesbos and Limnos remaining.

I also think that Britain needs a bit of cleaning up, perhaps something similar to what MEIOU use would be in order.

I could do some mock-up maps if anyone wanted to see how I could improve any region in particular.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by An Elder Thing View Post
    It seems that HTTT added Epirus among other nations, if you'd like I'll look at some atlases to try and figure out the WWM borders of the country; or at least help with them. And if you need help with any other nation added by HTTT just give me a WWM map and I'll look at an Atlas and try and figure these things out. This is not my strong suit, but I loved geography back in high school; and I figure you will need alot of help with all the changes done with the new expansion.
    Anything you can do to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzaj View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that there are far too many island provinces in the Aegean?
    For me, I think this region needs revising, with only major islands such as Euboea, Naxos, Rhodes, Lesbos and Limnos remaining.

I also think that Britain needs a bit of cleaning up, perhaps something similar to what MEIOU use would be in order.

I could do some mock-up maps if anyone wanted to see how I could improve any region in particular.
    We're planning to merge many of the islands in the Aegean. What do you think needs to be improved about Britain?

Get it HERE!

I agree about the Aegean islands, but maybe a few more than that, include Chios and Lesbos and why isn't there Euboea in the game, Skyros is a tiny insignificant island.
    "I am a dummy-file.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post

We're planning to merge many of the islands in the Aegean. What do you think needs to be improved about Britain?
    Well there are a number of things I think need improving, the shape of the provinces, the coastline, and the representation of areas like the Midlands, which were important throughout the game's timeframe. Historically the cities of Lincoln, Coventry, Liecester and Nottingham were fairly major, and I think each of these ought to be represented in the map of Britain. Of course with the Industrial Revolution these regions gained additional significance, and as the game goes up until 1918, you have another good reason for the expansion of the Midlands.

Anyway, I hope most of my issues are well enough represented in this map, so let me know what you think or if you want anything explaining.

I have kept the total number number of provinces the same so any balancing would be left up to you in that respect. The coastline is based on that of Magna Mundi, but has been tweaked for further accuracy.

Anglo-Icelandic Canadian An Elder Thing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    I am looking for an atlas that would work at the university library right now.
    Couldn't find one to suit my current purposes for now, but I will do some online research.
    Last edited by An Elder Thing; 16-12-2009 at 23:39. Reason: adding in new information
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

Hazzaj, if you blew England up to that many provinces, it would be way overpowered vs it's actual relative power. You could offset this by making each province very low tax and low manpower, but then this would cripple your technology since it figures total tech devided by # of provinces.

Or alternatively, you could just double all the provinces everyplace else in the game too, but I don't think that's a particularly great idea. In 1918, California alone is generating more money than many European countries. I don't think we should expand it into 10-20 provinces on that basis.

I would do the inverse. reduce the # in England a bit closer to vanilla. This actually makes England stronger in many ways, not sure why people are confused on that point. With fewer provinces that are individually better, England can keep pace tech-wise as well as power-wise. Reduce the number of small states and off culture provinces that can pop up revolts all over the country based on some centuries old land claim by a particular family. Shetland as a province... really? Not worth owning if it counts as it's own province tbh! Sell it to a rival for CB!

Well what I've done is just to keep the same amount of provinces that are in WWM 3.3. Shetland in fact is already a province in this version, and I think its addition is more for strategic purposes than anything else. In all, eight provinces have been added to England which I assume is meant to be in keeping with the amount of provinces added across the board.
    However, you do make valid points and I'm sure provinces like Northumberland and Durham or Norfolk and Suffolk could be merged if there were any issues with England tech-wise.

I'm sure provinces like Northumberland and Durham or Norfolk and Suffolk could be merged if there were any issues with England tech-wise.
    The thing is though that early in the game there was massive amounts of England's wealth coming from Norfolk and Suffolk due to agriculture and by the end of the game Northumberland and Durham had massive amounts of wealth being produced there from all the coal and other industrial activity, the North East of England was of course where the Industrial Revolution began and didn't really decline till the 20th century.
    "I am a dummy-file.

It doesn't definitively have to be any of the provinces, that I mentioned, they were just off-hand examples, but I suppose you could make a similar case for most pairs of provinces that they both have enough importance no to be merged, I mean if England's provinces significantly unbalanced the game that a couple had to be merged, you'd have to pick one or two.

Will you add the new HTTT provinces in Russia and France in the new version? Or will you just use the old WWM map?

By the way, is the new WWM on it's way?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishPatriot View Post
    Will you add the new HTTT provinces in Russia and France in the new version? Or will you just use the old WWM map?

By the way, is the new WWM on it's way?
    It most definately is. But, if you ask me, it will take some time before it arrives, as Hafte will have to make up a lot of dynasties and new events for nations and stuff. It will take some time.
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    The new map changes will be included, but not in the very first version. We have a working version of WWM for HttT, but as Johan11 mentioned, there is still a lot to do. Currently, no countries have dynasties, there are no references to spheres or trade agreements in the diplomacy files, no historical wars have CB's, there are no tradewinds, etc...

I plan to at least do tradewinds before I release anything because that could affect compatibility (maybe).

Get it HERE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast