+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: *Whole World Mod* Cartography

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengoku

Aren't some of those a tad too small to be playable? I would at the least dump Andorra. Likely would lose Pitiusses too as I can't see the need for three provinces in the Balearics.

EU3 Complete

I agree, Andorra is very small. As for the Balearic Islands, I disagree, I think that to have a greater reality is to divide the territory into three parts.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteSemper FiVictoria 2

Will the final 5.0 map be built on the DW map? If yes, could provinces in South America and Africa be made a notch more accurate by using Victoria 2 borders in many places? The andean regions are really horribly designed in the vanilla EU map

Also would it be possible to at least split off Rondonia from that province in eastern Mato Grosso?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV

On your left flank, on your right flank, encircling your rear and advancing towards your front.
    Speaking of which, what are the province id's for Kozani and Lamia??? I can't find them to save my life.. :/

I would be nice to see Nis tidied up a little bit.. Maybe an extra province between Northern Macedonia, Eastern Serbia and Western Bulgaria. I'm getting into semantics here, but I'd like to see Burgas split into 2 provinces, Burgas as is an a province south of it, taking in some of Trace to make Arcadiopolis. Being en-route to Constnantinople, shouldn't it be considered somewhat strategic?? A gateway to the Imperial capital if you will...

Also, Georgia still has a province called 'Gerogia' with it's capital as 'Georgia' lol... I think the Gerorgia/Armenia & Eastern Anatolian areas could use a little attention, considering Western Anatolia, Syria and the Northern Caucasus received a little love.. Could Van get a lake as well? Same for Galilee?? Adana also looks a little oddly shaped and out of place, below I've suggested Kayseri which would mean both Adana and Sivas would have to be tweaked, but I think it could go a little further, maybe 1 province made between Adana and Karaman?? For interest maybe an Armenian enclave could be made in what was Armenian Cilicia... Would be interesting to say the least... And with more Muslim provinces between Cilician Armenian and Armenia proper, it would make for some very intriguing gaming..

Suggestions for extra provinces in the east:

Diyarbakır.
    Şanlıurfa.
    Malatya.
    Kayseri.
    Kartli (T'Blisi Province).
    Kakheti (Another province for Georgia, west of Kartli).
    Ereti (Another province for Georgia, east of Kartli, incorporating a bit of the Qarabakh province).
    What is now the province of Imereti could be renamed either Klarjeti, Achara or Javakheti. In turn what is now the province of 'Gerorgia' could be called Imereti.
    Lazona, a 2nd Trebizondian (sp?) province tucked in behind Trebizond proper.

To add some balance to the extra Muslim provinces in the area, and taking into account there is only 1 Armenian province, I have a couple of suggestions for Armenia.
    Could Van (or Vaspurakan maybe?) be made an Armenian Province and given Orthodox religion?
    Sasun, just to the west of Van.
    Artsakh, between what is now the Armenia province and Karabakh, this would take land from both.
    Lori, the Northern part of the Armenia province, squashed between Georgia and Armenia, capital could be Ani.

Oh, and Paliki doesn't have a Byzantine core on it.. It probably should

Did a quick knock up here on paint..
    Only a basic outline, nothing fancy..

*Sorry this is a repost from my post in the balancing thread, I'm using it as a reference for a post regarding the latest release! *
    Attached Images
    “It was heart-rending to have witnessed how the Ariete division (our most loyal allies) and remanets of the Trieste and Littorio Divisions, fought with death defying courage; how their tanks (the “sardine tins” so often mocked by us) were shot up and left burning on the battlefield. Although I was engaged in actions myself, I kept in contact with the XX Italian Corps until it was almost surrounded. At about 1530 hours, the commander of the Ariete Division sent his last radio message to Rommel: “We are encircled, the Ariete tanks still in action.” By evening, the XX Italian Corps had been destroyed. We lost good brave friends, from whom we demanded more than they were in a position to give.”
    Hans Von Luck – 'Panzer Commander'

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengoku

If you go with that idea I would suggest making Lazonia a bit larger than pictured for game play purposes. It looks a bit small and there are too many overly tiny provinces as it is. Hard to click on them when you have troops there if its too tiny. I would suggest just expanding it into Trebizon a little more.

Anglo-Icelandic Canadian An Elder Thing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Has Trebizond been given proper manpower and base tax, yet. Or is it still stuck as ahistorically poor?
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by An Elder Thing View Post
    Has Trebizond been given proper manpower and base tax, yet. Or is it still stuck as ahistorically poor?
    Trebizond has two provinces in 1399, which total 13 tax and 5 manpower.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Anglo-Icelandic Canadian An Elder Thing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Thanks, that should be about right. If I see anything that I can lend a hand on I will.
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

Yes with all those new provs we can get Kurds!!! I'm thinking the Armenia area can still do with some work. Oh and while we are at it Cyprus can do with a new province.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose4u View Post
    Yes with all those new provs we can get Kurds!!! I'm thinking the Armenia area can still do with some work. Oh and while we are at it Cyprus can do with a new province.
    In the current version, Cyprus has three (3) provinces.

Get it HERE!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

On your left flank, on your right flank, encircling your rear and advancing towards your front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    In the current version, Cyprus has three (3) provinces.
    I noticed that, nicely done mate! It looks good!
    Would you divide Crete? Or leave it as is?

I also like some of those extra provinces you've squeezed into Asia Minor as well, I see you've added Kayseri, Giresun, Amastris and a few other settlements. You might what to check out the area around Antalya/Teke/Alayie, it is a bit hit and miss, but the extra provinces are good. When you do the update with the new map I'll have another go at the area.

A couple of points though:
    - Paliki still doesn't have a Byzantine core.
    - Would Euboea be worth adding off the coast of Attica? Personally I'd like to see it, as it would give more Venetian presence in the Aegean.
    - Giresun (Trebizondian) as well as Samsun and Amastris (the Pontine settlements under Genoese control) are Greek and Catholic, they should probably be Orthodox. To which point, I'd suggest a few more settlements under Turkish control should still have Greek culture. I'm thinking Nicomedia/Bythinia, Smyrna/Izmir, Sinope and possibly Bursa/Brusa and Manisa/Magnesia..
    - Augsburg in Germany seems a bit oddly shaped, maybe it could be split to for a new province in its northern portion called 'Ulm'.
    - All but one of Bavaria's provinces has 'Müchen' as its capital.
    - What happened to Aachen?
    - Piedmont could do with a bit of a rework, I suggest making 'Cuneo' using Piedmont's west/south western portion, and 'Alessandria' using the east/south eastern part of Piedmont.
    - Does Switzerland only have 3 provinces for a reason? In DW it has like 6 or 7 IIRC..
    - Firenze/Siena and the middle and north of Italy could use some tweaking overall, but I'll work on it after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose4u View Post
    Which is another good point, it allows for more diversity and strategic depth within a region which I think was largely ignored by PI.
    Last edited by Carroarmato-P40; 28-09-2011 at 22:23.
    “It was heart-rending to have witnessed how the Ariete division (our most loyal allies) and remanets of the Trieste and Littorio Divisions, fought with death defying courage; how their tanks (the “sardine tins” so often mocked by us) were shot up and left burning on the battlefield. Although I was engaged in actions myself, I kept in contact with the XX Italian Corps until it was almost surrounded. At about 1530 hours, the commander of the Ariete Division sent his last radio message to Rommel: “We are encircled, the Ariete tanks still in action.” By evening, the XX Italian Corps had been destroyed. We lost good brave friends, from whom we demanded more than they were in a position to give.”

Blog Entries
    I'll keep these suggestions in mind, but the next version of WWM is based on the Vicky map, so it'll be totally different.

Get it HERE!

Wow, that sounds awesome man! I'm looking forward to it, it will be interesting to see how it pans out!

Cheers mate, keep up the great work!

Would you mind if I threw up a for more ideas in map form, or would it be best to wait until you release an 'as-is' version and then build on that?
    Last edited by Carroarmato-P40; 29-09-2011 at 12:41.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

That could be very different! I assume that the VII map has many more provinces and no wilderness/PTI?
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Yes it will. But it's going to take a very long time though.
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

can you use the dw map in this mod ? thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DherA View Post
    can you use the dw map in this mod ? thanks
    The DW map does not contain the 700+ provinces added in WWM. It would take a very long time to update it.

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Couldn't you substitute the areas from DW that aren't modified by WWM? That would mean that at least part of the map looks less blocky.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

ok i understand XD

Semper FiSengoku

I know there is likely still a ton of work ahead since you are totally redoing the map but is there any chance of us getting some screen shots of the areas already done for the next version if any are to that point yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast