+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: *Whole World Mod* Cartography

Generally speaking, if you have 2-3 small minor low population/low value areas next to one another, it's best to make one decent province instead of 3 junk provinces. The game devides your money spent by how many provinces you have to determine how much you actually put into research. Additionally, I'd rather have 1 province capaple of holding a stack of 15 troops without attrition than 3 that only hold 5-6 each. I understand everyone thinks more is better, but that's not always the case.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thats why we need a province for Liechtenstein!!!
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Anyone still having speed problems with this mod? I am.

Yes, the WWM version ribly slow, but I only experience slight breaks like the one wautosaves, just several times a month. But I can cope. It means I can read while I play!

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Daemado?

I noticed that in the new version of WWM, there's a new Korean province added called Daemado.

It's not really accurate for this island to be a part of Korea, or even Korean. Daemado is the Korean pronunciation of Tsushima_Island, a Japanese fiefdom. Historically, it sometimes paid tribute to Korea and also to the Japanese powers, but it also was in an advantageous position as the middlemen for trade between the two places.

Korea sometimes attacked Tsushima to fight pirates, and Tsushima sometimes paid tribute to Korea, but never controlled it, or attached it to Korea. It was at most sometimes a vassal to Korea, as they paid tribute, but they would have paid tribute to the "mainland" Japanese as well, as it was in their interest to keep the Korean-Japanese trade going.

When some modern-day South Koreans tried to claim "Daemado", they were laughed off by the inhabitants of Tsushima. The in-game province should be renamed to Tsushima, and it should be its own tag and country.

Private
    Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossSemper FiEuropa Universalis IV

Mohave seems to have name written partially over another province. What is more nasty is if the one of them is still terra incognita trying to explore the other crashed my game. What I did is sending a conquistador around it till it was marked as new exploit. It is a minor thing but I would point it out to be fixed in the next version. Sorry if it was reported already. I am quite new to the forum and it will take a while till I go through all the posts. BTW I do not have htt yet and I use mod on the IN.3.2 version.

Quote Originally Posted by yuje View Post
    I noticed that in the new version of WWM, there's a new Korean province added called Daemado.

It's not really accurate for this island to be a part of Korea, or even Korean. Daemado is the Korean pronunciation of Tsushima_Island, a Japanese fiefdom. Historically, it sometimes paid tribute to Korea and also to the Japanese powers, but it also was in an advantageous position as the middlemen for trade between the two places.

Korea sometimes attacked Tsushima to fight pirates, and Tsushima sometimes paid tribute to Korea, but never controlled it, or attached it to Korea. It was at most sometimes a vassal to Korea, as they paid tribute, but they would have paid tribute to the "mainland" Japanese as well, as it was in their interest to keep the Korean-Japanese trade going.

When some modern-day South Koreans tried to claim "Daemado", they were laughed off by the inhabitants of Tsushima. The in-game province should be renamed to Tsushima, and it should be its own tag and country.
    There is already a country there, "So"

Corporal
    EU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Hello all,

I like this mod project a lot, because you really seem want to improve the amount of provinces and the accuracy of the map, not just the look.

Is actually somebody already working on the HRE area?

I have gathered a lot of information on that and really would love to! Actually I got the game in December and as I discovered the possibilities I already started to, but of course I would not like to overlap with someone else's work.

Best regards,

hierakares

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by moralol View Post
    Anyone still having speed problems with this mod? I am.
    Yeah I am too. It's only slower in regards to how long it takes to go from month to month, but it is noticeable.

A sneak peak of the next version

Heres one of the things the team is doing. We plan to recreate the world using real maps. The real maps are taken and pixelized proportional to match the pixels in the EUIII map. The maps are then overlayed onto the EUIII maps so we can recreate them. We are starting with Europe and going from there.

Heres spain and france being done. More info as it comes

That is a cool new idea.
    But that means that all the provinces have to be done again, right?
    Will you try to restore the current WWM provinces for that or will there be a new design?

Yea, all we have to do is just repaint the map with the proper colors, its not to complex, its just time consuming :P

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ADP101 View Post
    Yea, all we have to do is just repaint the map with the proper colors, its not to complex, its just time consuming :P
    Very, very time consuming.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishPatriot View Post
    There is already a country there, "So"
    Ah, I didn't realize that. I usually don't play a nearby country, and I've never seen it be anything but part of Korea. So I started up a new game as a Japanese minor, and sure enough, within minutes of starting the game, Korea had annexed So and part of Taiwan. No wonder So has such a short existence in most of my games.

Anglo-Icelandic Canadian An Elder Thing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Technically though the island is still named wrong, and I think Korea gets cores on it... So yuje I think your complaint is still legimate.
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

I don't know if it's mentioned yet, but in North-America are two provinces called "Wyoming".

Thorin

Heres one of the things the team is doing. We plan to recreate the world using real maps. The real maps are taken and pixelized proportional to match the pixels in the EUIII map. The maps are then overlayed onto the EUIII maps so we can recreate them. We are starting with Europe and going from there.

wouldnt that make Calias and Picardie bigger, Move Valenciennes to the west, and delete Cambray?Artois?

I even made a mathematic law on it:

I cant find Artois or Cambray in any map = They doesn't exist
    I can find Batman in a map = Batman exists.

This sounds like a neat idea, but are you going to redraw the terrain maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Minas View Post
    This sounds like a neat idea, but are you going to redraw the terrain maps?
    Of course! Otherwise things might be a bit messed up

Anglo-Icelandic Canadian An Elder Thing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Johan11 View Post
    wouldnt that make Calias and Picardie bigger, Move Valenciennes to the west, and delete Cambray?Artois?

I even made a mathematic law on it:

I cant find Artois or Cambray in any map = They doesn't exist
    I can find Batman in a map = Batman exists.
    Actually Artois used to exist as a province of Northern France. So do not remove it. Just because it is not on a MODERN map does not mean it doesn't exist. Cambray I think represents the Bishopric of Cambrai. So removing them would be ahistorical.
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast