• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need to add a 6th point of interest. Look at the Mongol-Siberian border. China gave Novgorod a province in Siberia.

Looks like Sid is staying in his old alliance by giving Fasq a chance to colonize Indonesia and Micronesia and by giving Golle Siberia.

Gets even more scary when you realize that not only will 85% of asia be held by 3 players. But they will be allied. There are even more terrifying things going on in this tripartite pact but I'll leave it at this for now.

The western powers are going to have to do something fast if they want to stop the great eastern blobs from becoming too powerful.

ulmont said:
1) Taiwan.
2) The Georgia-Ming border.
3) Ethiopia.
4) The Iroquois-Huron area.
5) The Aztec and Inca areas.

You need to add a 6th point of interest. Look at the Mongol-Siberian border. China gave Novgorod a province in Siberia.

Worth adding is (7) the Ivory coast.

fasquardon

Thlawrence said:

Yes, China tried to pull a fast one and got found out.

Thlawrence said:
Looks like Sid is staying in his old alliance by giving Fasq a chance to colonize Indonesia and Micronesia and by giving Golle Siberia.

While Georgia and China have engaged in business dealings, as of yet Georgia is still a neutral power in Asia.

Discussions may change that shortly, however, as yet it would be unwise to prejudge things.

Gets even more scary when you realize that not only will 85% of asia be held by 3 players. But they will be allied. There are even more terrifying things going on in this tripartite pact but I'll leave it at this for now.

I'm rather curious what terrifying things you think we should be up to.

fasquardon

ulmont said:

Points of interest:

1) Taiwan.
3) Ethiopia.

Is that Italy in Central and South America? And i thought that i should have been afraid of KoM coming there first.

Novgorod likes to state that It has no defence alligments whit other asian powers, only mere agreements of division of Intress.

Also, we indeed got a gift of some Asian pagan nation in form of province as greeting from us superior european heritage and true fate bringing the gems of holy latin heritage to the borderline of darkness. Perhaps they were just in fear of the power of Novgorod and buyed our protection and good will...

ulmont said:

Points of interest:

1) Taiwan.
3) Ethiopia.

I gave Taiwan because of a rather (poorly concieved) effort of charity on my part to help Novogorod and Timmurids but Timmurids having died I had no choice but to give the province to at least ensure Novgorod gets Kazakstan.

Novgorod bordered be 10 years before Fasquardon did.

Sid Meier said:
I gave Taiwan because of a rather (poorly concieved) effort of charity on my part to help Novogorod and Timmurids but Timmurids having died I had no choice but to give the province to at least ensure Novgorod gets Kazakstan.

Novgorod bordered be 10 years before Fasquardon did.

You did what?

And Norway leave my native brothers alone in the north! You murderer! Slaughterer! White Demon!!!

Trying to figure out what Sid was talking about gives me this:
-To try and distract Georgia from the Timurids and Kazakstan, China would give Georgia Taiwan. (For what reason is obvious)
-Timurids got wiped out anyway, but China still gave Georgia Taiwan to distract them from Kazakstan. China's hope is that this will distract Georgia from Kazakstan long enough to allow Novgorod to take it instead.

And on the additional points of interest. The points of interest are primarily for things that were unexpected. Brittany expanding south was expected. Although they seem to be going a little slow. May have to do with the short session. The same goes with Ethiopia. It was kind of expected.
If you want another point of interest you should look at the England. Brittany has returned. This was less expected then them expanding into the ivory coast. After all they even stated that they would be expanding into the ivory coast.

Of the Pro-Georgian Alliance network, Georgia is most certainly not neutral. Novgorod is still a signatory of the Treaty of Samoyeds and thus does have defense alignments with other Asian powers. And China seems to be trying to help Georgia and Russia. As they just stated. They are trying to help Russia get Kazakstan and to ensure that Georgia does not interfere they are helping Georgia become a colonial power.

And of the other 'terrifying things' lets just say the thousand legions of the Georgian 'Republic', The Russian hordes and the endless manpower of China united together would not top the list.

But there is still hope for the western powers. There are happenings in the Georgian alliance that would be unnoticed to the unskilled eye. I'm sure KoM has already noticed it. If he isn't trying to find a way to exploit it yet then he must still be focused on incorporating 'removing the still beating human heart from a body' into the hird training program.

Last edited:
Well to clear out some "facts" presented by certain players and non-players.

1) China isen't in any position to give or hand out Kazakhstan to anyone unless it conquers it by themselves and then issue it to their like. If Novgorod and Georgia have proplems with Kazakhstan, they surely can work it out themselves.

From Novgorod's offical standing point we would like have sovreignity to conduct our own politics and negotations conserning our relations and contracts with others nations. Altough we appriciate the good will and kindness which have motivated certain countries to "help" Novgorod, we still know how to run our own nation for the best.

2) Treaty of Samoyeds ended in 1340. Get your facts straight before making provocative assumptions and innuendos.

Novgorod has no long term binding alliances with any countries. We have certain agreements and temporaryle alliances which are done in the best interest of Novgorod. We also purely and cold-bloodely drive only our own interest but feel responsibility of peacefull prospects in both in Europe and in Asia.

Emperor Ike said:
And Norway leave my native brothers alone in the north! You murderer! Slaughterer! White Demon!!!

Hum. Considering that the troops available to you are Native American Archers, you may want to reconsider who you insult. I suggest you start cursing at China, who while hugely powerful won't be reaching the Americas for some time.

14th May, 1433
Cranston Manor

Dear Brother,

I hope this letter finds you and all at Jonsgard in good health. I write to you from Cranston Manor, where I am well treated; I can even walk again, though with a limp. Sir Richard, my host, has set my ransom at fifty marks silver, which is most reasonable. I therefore ask that you arrange a loan against the revenues of my Skåne estate, and have it sent across so that I may return home. I am most eager to see my sweet Maria again, so please do not delay to get the best rates; I'll even pay a moneygrubbing Jew to get home swiftly.

Your loving brother,

Viktor.

7th August, 1433
Jonsgard

Dear Brother,

We are all well at Jonsgard, or as well as one can be in a defeated nation. The news from Tewkesbury field was not received well here, although we are of course glad to hear that you are still alive. But I am afraid you are misinformed about the estate in Skåne; that province having been returned to the Germans in the peace treaty, its revenues are not available for your ransom. Of course I would gladly pay it out of my own funds, but the Forced War Loan has emptied my coffers; and as you know, I was never as liberal as you - I am not at all eager to give any money to Jews. Perhaps next year something can be done, if the price of wool does not drop. In the meanwhile, I am sure you will be glad to hear that Maria is a guest at Jonsgard, since her own family were burned out in the German raid.

Your brother,

Torstein.

PS Maria sends her love.

December 2nd, 1433
Cranston Manor

Dear Brother,

good news! On hearing of my misfortune with the estate, good Sir Richard - he is of a cadet branch of the de Cornouailles, but a decent sort for all that; I think there may be some Yngling blood in him on the wrong side of the blanket - has reduced my ransom to twenty-five marks. Surely this can be managed from the harvest profits, or at the latest from the spring clipping? I will sign on a trading voyage when I get back, and pay you out of the profits; a landless Yngling must shift for himself. Please tell Maria I think of her daily. I wish you all a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Your loving brother,

Viktor.

3rd February, 1434
Jonsgard

Dear Brother,

I am pleased to hear about the terms of your ransom. I feel sure this can be made up out of the spring clipping. There is however some news that is bad for you, but good for me: As we worked together during the autumn, Maria and I came to an understanding, and we are now married. I trust you will not take this too hard; after all you have now been separated from her for more than a year, and a natural woman cannot be expected to wait forever. Why, if she did marry you after such a wait, you would surely find her a rather cold disappointment, which I can assure you she is not. In any case, as you are now landless, it would not be really fitting for a woman of such good family to marry you.

I remain, your loving brother,

Torstein.

March 12th, 1434
Cranston Manor

Please tell that gold-digging bitch - I feel sure you know to whom I refer - that Hell has a particular circle for women like her. As for you, if you want my castoffs, you're welcome to them. A little tip: Pay particular attention to the mole on her right thigh, it's very sensitive. You're right, she really is a hot little thing, I guess I should have expected it. After all I taught her everything she knows. What about the damn ransom?

Viktor.

15th April, 1434
Jonsgard

Keep a civil pen in your hand when speaking of my wife. I give you this brotherly advice for your own good, since your hand is all you'll be getting for some time. I've come to the conclusion that the wool money is better invested in something likely to bring a profit; ungrateful relatives, clearly, are not a good venture.

Torstein.

June 7th, 1434
Cranston Manor

Don't worry about me. Sir Richard's daughter has taken a shine to me - the old Viktor charm comes through again; too bad for you I got the brother's share of that, you surely could have used some, or you wouldn't be needing my leftovers - and the banns have been posted. Sir Richard has agreed to pay me twenty-five marks as dowry, so I'm a free man. I trust I won't be hearing from you again.

Viktor.

15th August, 1434
Jonsgard

No worries. Congratulations on sleeping your way out of captivity; too bad that didn't work at Tewkesbury field. Or did it? Just how did you get captured, anyway?

Torstein.

September 3rd, 1434
Cranston Manor

Couldn't resist getting the last word, eh? I'll let you have it, you're last in so many other things, it seems fitting.

Viktor.

21st October, 1434
Jonsgard

Never darken my doorstep again, brother dear.

Torstein.

Thlawrence said:
snip Georgian power fantasy

I love this parallel world you've invented.

Keep up the entertaining writing.

fasquardon

King of Men said:
Hum. Considering that the troops available to you are Native American Archers, you may want to reconsider who you insult. I suggest you start cursing at China, who while hugely powerful won't be reaching the Americas for some time.

Won't he have Chinese infantry because of his tech level?

fasquardon

fasquardon said:
Won't he have Chinese infantry because of his tech level?

fasquardon
Before, yes, but with IN you have the original units even if the tech is changed.

Yes. I was also attacked by Prussia, but my good Russian friends were able to persuade them that they didn't really want Gotland after all.

Yes. I was also attacked by Prussia, but my good Russian friends were able to persuade them that they didn't really want Gotland after all.

And mere logistic reasons prevented Novgorodians to come and tell to Germans that they really didn't have no reason to harahs the Ynglings also.

But that logistical proplem (damn finns...;)) is now removed...

lwarmonger said:
So to clarify, in this last session Germany and Brittany attacked Norway and won (back) southern England and Skane?

Yes. And despite having laid Norway prostrate, destroyed the entire army and occupied practically all of their lands, Brittany and Germany took back no more than what was recognized* as theirs previously.

Hopefully the lesson is clear.**

*Norway may dispute the recognition of Skane, or indeed the recognition of any territory as non-Norwegian.

**Or, of course, not completely destroying Norway may turn out to have been a fatal mistake and I will eventually be shattered beneath Yngling armies in return. Could go either way.