+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [IN] Dei Gratia

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

[IN] Dei Gratia

Dei Gratia: By the grace of God

I am pleased to announce that Dei Gratia is now available for download! Dei Gratia is a mod for In Nomine only that enhances religious gameplay in Europa Universalis.

Religious Minorities: Every province can be split between several religions, with the strongest religion becoming the province religion. These minorities appear as province modifiers and can have effects during events as well.

Religious Fervor: The more your country considers religion important, the more religious events and decisions you will get and the stronger religious modifiers and effects will be. Choose your national ideas and government and move your innovativeness slider to experience everything religion has to offer...or to ignore it and become a secularized nation.

New Religions: There are 26 distinct religions in the mod. Now you can experience the birth of new religions such as the Hussites, Wahhabis and Sikhs, or discover new religions already in the world such as Gnostics, Ibadi or Oriental Orthodox Christians.

More events: There are literally hundreds of events which add flavor to the game. Around two-thirds of all events focus on the Catholic and Protestant faiths, but there are also dedicated events and decisions for many other world religions.

Dei Gratia is best enjoyed as part of other mods; it is contained in Magna Mundi Platinum 2 and MEIOU:JV. It's designed to be as modular as possible so modders can add it wholesale or piecemeal to their own mods. However, it is perfectly playable on its own as well.

Owing to real life and other concerns, I haven't been able to do as much work on the mod as I wanted, nor address every religion with the same attention to detail. If you have ideas that could improve the mod, feel free to share them.

I hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by dharper; 31-12-2011 at 20:29.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Over 1,100 events and decisions for over 30 religions
    Wiki
    Version 1.7.10 Standalone (October 17, 2014) or Steam Workshop

Path of Adventure: A mod like no other
    A procedurally-generated adventure quest for EUIV
    Version 1.7.02 Standalone (September 21, 2014) or Steam Workshop

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

This promises to be an outstanding mod. I'm looking forward to playing it. Good work!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Finally, a mod that actually makes it hard for the Ottomans to convert all of the Balkans in 10 years! I look forward to playing it (with MMP, when it comes out). Will it be included in SRI 2.0 (the Hegemony system is almost convincing me to play SRI instead of MMP)?
    Contributor to the Whole World Mod
    - mainly national formation decisions

AAR's:
    Icelandic Empire: how far can it reach?: a Whole World Mod 3.2 AAR
    Gernikako Arbola: A Navarran AAR: IN 3.0 - abandoned
    Canada's struggle for Independence: NA 2.2 - abandoned

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How easily can this be combined with SRI?

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

v1.01 released

That will teach me to post at 1 am!

Updated the link with a slight change: the mod now includes the static_modifier.txt file, which affects missionary success chances in many ways - thanks for reminding me, r6mile!

Quote Originally Posted by r6mile
    Will it be included in SRI 2.0 (the Hegemony system is almost convincing me to play SRI instead of MMP)?
    To the best of my knowledge Helius has no plans to integrate the two mods. However, I understand the upcoming Rota Fortuna mod will have both in it, and Magna Mundi Platinum has both, although it lacks the Hegemony system of SRI (so far!). I have to admit I'm very impressed with the work Helius has done, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Quigleone
    How easily can this be combined with SRI?
    I've done my best to make it as clear as possible what needs integrated, but the larger the two mods, the harder it will be, so you might experience some issues. I could fairly easily come out with an alternative download for people who want to play both mods together, but owing to real life concerns I won't have the time to do so until next week.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Wiki

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I was just about to ask the same question, regarding inclusion with SRI, as these are the two most important modules of MM that I rely on.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight

Also can the Hussites start off their own large scale reformation, if the circumstances are correct. Obviously it wouldn't be the most likely, but would it be a possibility? Likewise could a papal schism develop into something more permanent as well?
    Last edited by Don_Quigleone; 26-09-2008 at 18:36.

I have bound copies of the CC and MMG2 manuals in a drawer near my desk. I know there are plans to update the manual for MMP, however, will you be updating the old Catholic Church mini-mod Manual for Dei Gratia? I always found your manual to be supurb and the thought of an updated manual by my side as I play is almost as intoxicating as the mod itself - its like having a memorandum or circular that your Interior Minister or Primate/Archbishop has sent to you to address a current situation.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Great David!

You certainly deserve to be alone in the spotlight for this!
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

David, I wanted to add my congratulations here to the launch of your solo album. The Beatles will, of course, still be performing jointly, but your voice deserves to be heard, individually.

Errata:
    For "solo album", read "mod."
    For "Beatles", read "Magna Mundi Team."
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Second Lieutenant playerdepain77's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

finally.
    By the grace of god, the hundred years war will continue two hundred years more...

Quote Originally Posted by Helius
    Errata:
    For "solo album", read "mod."
    For "Beatles", read "Magna Mundi Team."
    Um...which one of us is John Lennon?

Quote Originally Posted by james24eagle
    I have bound copies of the CC and MMG2 manuals in a drawer near my desk. I know there are plans to update the manual for MMP, however, will you be updating the old Catholic Church mini-mod Manual for Dei Gratia? I always found your manual to be supurb and the thought of an updated manual by my side as I play is almost as intoxicating as the mod itself - its like having a memorandum or circular that your Interior Minister or Primate/Archbishop has sent to you to address a current situation.
    Thank you for your praise! I do plan on updating the manual, but believe it or not, it's actually one of the most time-consuming parts of modding, so it will have to wait until I can find time.

Also can the Hussites start off their own large scale reformation, if the circumstances are correct. Obviously it wouldn't be the most likely, but would it be a possibility? Likewise could a papal schism develop into something more permanent as well?
    Right now, no. The Hussite Reformation can grow beyond Bohemia, but not much beyond. I wanted to address history before I delved into anything counterfactual. If you want to suggest a way it could spread, though, feel free; I do take ideas. The same goes for a permanent schism; they're designed to be temporary but destructive. Unfortunately, given the way the Curia works, I'd have to create a new religion to address a permanent split between two popes.
    Wiki

Eh, I can't think of how it exactly could be done.

With the Papal Schism, you could have any nation that sides with AntiPope get some kind of modifier, and if the schism lasts long enough they split into different religions, though there can only be one Curia, which is unfortunate.

On the Hussites: I think it may be plausible for the heresy to spread to Northern Germany, perhaps, alternatively, the Hussites gaining full independence from the Church could lead to a lot of other heresies springing up, like say the Lollards, and also could cause something like the Reformation to occur sooner, though in this case it may be more likely to be a collection of local heresies that are more varied. And of course if the Catholic church is seen to be weakened, other Kings may take the opportunity to confiscate church property and declare their own independent church. For instance should something like Anglicanism be treated in the same manner as Lutheranism? Anglicanism is still closer to Catholicism, and really started out as Catholicism with a few small rule changes, most importantly the King being the head of the church.

EDIT: Should the The Statue In Restraint Of Appeals have any more ingame effects? It basically raises your King as head of the church, in certain ways.
    Last edited by Don_Quigleone; 27-09-2008 at 15:02.

I'm getting plenty of CTDs, in the first 10 years, I'm not sure what they're from, the system error log says:

Clausewitz Error[persistent.cpp:48]: Error: "Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 1
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 8
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 16
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 23
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 30
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 38
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 46
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 54
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 62
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 70
    " in file: "mod\Dei Gratia\interface\domesticpanel_modified.gfx".

Your mod is referenced there, got any idea why it's crashing?

Comparing your mod to SRI, it's interface folder only has domesticpanel, maybe you should merge you domesticpanel and domesticpanel_modified together?

Second Lieutenant playerdepain77's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm getting plenty of CTDs, in the first 10 years, I'm not sure what they're from, the system error log says:

Clausewitz Error[persistent.cpp:48]: Error: "Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 1
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 8
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 16
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 23
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 30
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 38
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 46
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 54
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 62
    Unexpected token: spriteType, near line: 70
    " in file: "mod\Dei Gratia\interface\domesticpanel_modified.gfx".

Your mod is referenced there, got any idea why it's crashing?
    Got that too...
    By the grace of god, the hundred years war will continue two hundred years more...

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    LegioMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Speaking of Rota Fortuna, any news on it's release, o harper of the D's?
    "We give the facts. You can't say that we have a slant because of it. I hear that the jury's in on evolution."

"When you divide a country into two sides, one of which cheers the idea of murder and hate, you don't have much choice in which side you're on."

Disturbing! I will certainly try and track this down. I haven't had any CTDs on my end, though, but I haven't tested it enough with the SRI Jewish events. It's possible I screwed something up when I integrated them.

The only changes there are to the domesticpanel.gfx file are twofold:
    1. Some graphics point to the mod/Dei Gratia directory instead of vanilla (this affects four sprites)
    2. There are new graphics for the Jewish advisors (this adds six sprites).

Lines 1-127 are exactly the same as the unmodified vanilla file, which makes the "unexpected tokens" you list very odd.

Comparing your mod to SRI, it's interface folder only has domesticpanel, maybe you should merge you domesticpanel and domesticpanel_modified together?
    The game shouldn't be reading the "modified" file at all - feel free to delete it. It's there only to help modders determine which parts of the file I changed. The same with all other files listed as "modified", "removed" or "new".
    Last edited by dharper; 27-09-2008 at 18:14.
    Wiki

On the Hussites: I think it may be plausible for the heresy to spread to Northern Germany, perhaps, alternatively, the Hussites gaining full independence from the Church could lead to a lot of other heresies springing up, like say the Lollards, and also could cause something like the Reformation to occur sooner.
    The Hussites and Lollards are essentially the same phenomenon. If the Hussites win their war - or the Bohemian player converts to the Hussite faith of his own free will - then any Hussite country will be able to send missionaries to nearby countries, which in turn may cause them to convert or spark their own Hussite wars. Since the Catholics don't get a chance to send missionaries of their own until the Counter-Reformation, it's entirely possible to get a fairly sizeable Hussite reformation under those conditions...but it's incredibly unlikely without a human player at work.

For instance should something like Anglicanism be treated in the same manner as Lutheranism? Anglicanism is still closer to Catholicism, and really started out as Catholicism with a few small rule changes, most importantly the King being the head of the church.
    If I make Anglicanism a separate religion, I more or less have to make a separate religion for every culture, just in case the same conditions appear there (for example, one for France). It's a lot easier to compare them to Lutherans, because many of their theological points are the same, and their treatment of the head of state as head of the church is also very similar to Lutheran countries.

EDIT: Should the The Statue In Restraint Of Appeals have any more ingame effects? It basically raises your King as head of the church, in certain ways.
    I really don't like this particular decision; I'm not sure what the historical basis is for it. If it's meant to portray Henry VIII, it should be linked to future conversion - perhaps only become available if your country is leaning towards conversion anyway. But if it's meant to portray instead the Pragmatic Sanction, it should be available only to strong Catholic countries...it's hard to say, and so I left it alone.
    Wiki

I think it said the errors were coming from modified, I'll delete it and see what happens.

EDIT: I'd certainly focus on evaluating the effect of that decision, frankly there's a pretty good argument for removing it, and least as it is now, as it has pretty much no negatives, bar temporarily lowering your relations with surrounding countries. It also has no effect on the reformation, which is a little strange, as it seems to be a religious decision.

On Anglicanism, you could do one of two things:

1. make it seperate from Protestantism, but have it signify ALL "national churches" this would be unstatisfactory however.

2. make it some kind of decision to nationalise the church, maybe make it only feasible after the reformation, then the pope/curia controller can choose how to respond to it, depending on the response the anglican type church can be pushed towards protestantism (as happened historically) or can be brought back to the church with concessions of some kind. I don't fully know how the current mod works though, so it could be superfluous.
    Last edited by Don_Quigleone; 27-09-2008 at 18:22.

On Anglicanism, you could do one of two things:

1. make it seperate from Protestantism, but have it signify ALL "national churches" this would be unstatisfactory however.
    Keep in mind that most Lutheran churches were national churches. The Church of Saxony, Church of Brandenburg, Church of Hesse, etc, always with the head of state as head of the church. Sound like Anglicanism to you? Me, too.

2. make it some kind of decision to nationalise the church, maybe make it only feasible after the reformation, then the pope/curia controller can choose how to respond to it, depending on the response the anglican type church can be pushed towards protestantism (as happened historically) or can be brought back to the church with concessions of some kind. I don't fully know how the current mod works though, so it could be superfluous.
    It can work like that depending on your choices; you may choose to seize control of some church assets while remaining Catholic, but only countries that are already leaning towards Protestantism can do so.
    Wiki

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast