+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [IN] Dei Gratia

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great ! I'll continue my game then, I was curious about how was handled the reformation. It looks great so far.
    La guerre est la pire invention de l'homme. La guerre civile est la pire des guerres.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Let me know how it turns out.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Over 1,100 events and decisions for over 30 religions
    Wiki
    Version 1.7.10 Standalone (October 17, 2014) or Steam Workshop

Path of Adventure: A mod like no other
    A procedurally-generated adventure quest for EUIV
    Version 1.7.02 Standalone (September 21, 2014) or Steam Workshop

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dharper View Post
    Let me know how it turns out.
    The reformation has just began and I choosed the path to embrace it, but I have several questions/remarks so far.

I have the impression that the mod is tunned for Magna Mundi, is that right ?
    As a stand-alone mod however, converting provinces seems just too easy. In less than fifty years the Ottoman Empire already converted several European provinces and so did Poland-Lithuania with several Russian provinces.

There's two decisions to turn Protestant. One is the vanilla one I guess since it gives money for converting.

The Declaration of Indulgences, a vanilla religious decision IIRC, doesn't work. I can click on it but it doesn't do anything.
    La guerre est la pire invention de l'homme. La guerre civile est la pire des guerres.

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by sayagh View Post
    As a stand-alone mod however, converting provinces seems just too easy. In less than fifty years the Ottoman Empire already converted several European provinces and so did Poland-Lithuania with several Russian provinces.
    They get more missionaries than I'm comfortable with. I'll have to figure out where they're coming from.

There's two decisions to turn Protestant. One is the vanilla one I guess since it gives money for converting.
    Argh! That's definitely a bug.

The Declaration of Indulgences, a vanilla religious decision IIRC, doesn't work. I can click on it but it doesn't do anything.
    Thanks. I'll try and track down this as well.

Other than the bugs, what do you think?
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Wiki

Other than the bugs, what do you think?
    I've been convinced it was the best religious system since I read your preview on the MM forum a month ago.

I've not played enough, but already seeing Catholics migrating from protestant countries is a lot more satisfactory than just a province randomly converting to another religion. It'll certainly be very interesting to see them move to the colonies.

And a small suggestion about monasteries. I was surprised when I hired a theologian that I could suddenly build monasteries in my provinces. Maybe you should put that requirement in the allow{} part of the decision instead of the potential{} one, I would have sought one before, or even took a religious decision if I've known. (and everyone likes monasteries since they give you +1 base tax once you dissolve them )

I've not had any religious advisor so far.

Do humanist tolerance, ecumenism or LEF have an effect on religious minorities ? I've not tested that yet.

I've been convinced it was the best religious system since I read your preview on the MM forum a month ago.
    Thank you!

It'll certainly be very interesting to see them move to the colonies.
    That part (heretic emigration) is still being tested, so please let me know how it goes.

And a small suggestion about monasteries. I was surprised when I hired a theologian that I could suddenly build monasteries in my provinces. Maybe you should put that requirement in the allow{} part of the decision instead of the potential{} one, I would have sought one before, or even took a religious decision if I've known. (and everyone likes monasteries since they give you +1 base tax once you dissolve them )
    Thanks for reminding me - I need to update the triggers for all of those.

I've not had any religious advisor so far.
    They're meant to be uncommon unless your religious fervor is high, and even then, they're not likely to be very common. But there ought to be a number somewhere in the world at any time.

Do humanist tolerance, ecumenism or LEF have an effect on religious minorities ? I've not tested that yet.
    Yes, they do. Minorities change depending on how much you tolerate their religion, so any idea or modifier that gives you tolerance to heathens or heretics will affect your minorities. The obvious way is the modifier itself and the bonuses or penalties it gives you, but there are other ways, too. Whether the minority sends you advisors or rises up against you will depend, in part, on how much you tolerate them.
    Wiki

I resumed my game and there's something that bugs me.

As I said I've chosen the path to reformation, and as expected protestant minorities started to appear and expand in my provinces. But that's all that happened. Though I had large protestant communities in several of my provinces, they never attained majority in any province.

Instead, I got this event in several provinces where I had large communities :

As I'm still Catholic, I suppose they converting back to Catholicism. Am I missing something ?

As I'm still Catholic, I suppose they converting back to Catholicism. Am I missing something ?
    From the sounds of it, it's a bug that can sometimes affects heresies (which is how I missed it). I just finished fixing it last night, but thought it was minor enough not to bother putting out a new version right away. It only affects the player, and it only happens when you have more than one province that has been affected in the last six months. Best way to handle it is to convert your state religion.

I'll release another version on Friday with this and some other changes. If you'd like an earlier version with just this fix, PM me your e-mail.
    Wiki

From the sounds of it, it's a bug that can sometimes affects heresies (which is how I missed it). I just finished fixing it last night, but thought it was minor enough not to bother putting out a new version right away. It only affects the player, and it only happens when you have more than one province that has been affected in the last six months. Best way to handle it is to convert your state religion.

I'll release another version on Friday with this and some other changes. If you'd like an earlier version with just this fix, PM me your e-mail.
    I just played a few years with your fix.
    The event converting back my population didn't stop, but there are a few protestant provinces now.
    I can't convert to the Protestant faith. There's something that keeps converting me back to the Catholic faith. All the AI countries have the same problem.

I can't convert to the Protestant faith. There's something that keeps converting me back to the Catholic faith. All the AI countries have the same problem.
    The provinces, or the countries? Can you send me a save game (zipped)?
    Wiki

The provinces, or the countries? Can you send me a save game (zipped)?
    The countries, even Sweden which was protestant for quite a few years and has an overwhelming majority of protestant provinces returned to Catholicism. Several small countries are just switching from Catholicism to Luteranism over and over again. I tried to convert two times.

Here's the save.
    Attached Files

The countries, even Sweden which was protestant for quite a few years and has an overwhelming majority of protestant provinces returned to Catholicism. Several small countries are just switching from Catholicism to Luteranism over and over again. I tried to convert two times.
    It's possible that the country got a heretic ruler; there's a mechanism in place to have them convert back in these cases, although it shouldn't be affecting many countries unless the random number generator is stuck. And you'd notice if it affected you, so now that I think about it...never mind. I'll have a look at your save. It's odd; nothing like this has been reported, so it must be a recent change. How bizarre.

Now that I think about it, I should have asked for your game log instead of your save, but I'll see what I can find out anyway. Thanks for the report!

Ah, fascinating. There's something going on in the True Faith event which is causing every country on Earth to become Catholic. It seems to be something I added recently, so I'm betting it's something in the wrong scope (meant to be a trigger and not a command).
    Last edited by dharper; 19-08-2009 at 01:27.
    Wiki

It's possible that the country got a heretic ruler; there's a mechanism in place to have them convert back in these cases, although it shouldn't be affecting many countries unless the random number generator is stuck. And you'd notice if it affected you, so now that I think about it...never mind. I'll have a look at your save. It's odd; nothing like this has been reported, so it must be a recent change. How bizarre.

Now that I think about it, I should have asked for your game log instead of your save, but I'll see what I can find out anyway. Thanks for the report!
    I thought afterwards that I should have included it in the zip. I'll do it from now. As for the strange behaviour. It appeared with the latest fix you sent by e-mail. I guess it must be a recent change you've made. It affects all the Protestant countries as far as I can tell.

Yes, it was a wrong scope. It was checking to see if a member of the Holy Roman Empire had converted away from Catholicism, but because it was missing a "limit", it was converting everyone to Catholicism...and making them an elector, with their capital part of the empire. It didn't show up in my tests since I only tested the game for 25 years before sending to you.

I've never before seen a world map painted green for the HRE...

Ahem. Anyway, I'll send you a fix, but I'm afraid you'll have to replay from an earlier save. Sorry about that!
    Wiki

Ahem. Anyway, I'll send you a fix, but I'm afraid you'll have to replay from an earlier save. Sorry about that!
    No problem, I'm glad I've helped somehow.

Patch for DG_Reformation.txt:

Code:
    --- DG_Reformation.txt	Thu Aug 13 12:09:47 2009
    +++ DG_Reformation.txt	Wed Aug 19 17:46:40 2009
    @@ -501,7 +501,7 @@
     							}
     						}
     					AND = { 
    -						has_global-flag = meiou_map
    +						has_global_flag = meiou_map
     						OR = { 
     							primary_culture = highland_scottish
     							culture_group = portuguese
    @@ -1090,7 +1090,7 @@
     							}
     						}
     					AND = { 
    -						has_global-flag = meiou_map
    +						has_global_flag = meiou_map
     						OR = { 
     							primary_culture = highland_scottish
     							culture_group = portuguese
    @@ -4942,15 +4942,15 @@
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 20
     		modifier = { 
    -			num_of_religion = { religion = protestant value = 0.2 }
    +			owner = { num_of_religion = { religion = protestant value = 0.2 } }
     			factor = 1.4
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    -			num_of_religion = { religion = reformed value = 0.2 }
    +			owner = { num_of_religion = { religion = reformed value = 0.2 } }
     			factor = 1.4
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    -			num_of_religion = { religion = hussite value = 0.2 }
    +			owner = { num_of_religion = { religion = hussite value = 0.2 } }
     			factor = 1.4
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    @@ -5855,7 +5855,7 @@
     					culture_group = french
     					}
     				AND = { 
    -					has_global-flag = meiou_map
    +					has_global_flag = meiou_map
     					OR = { 
     						culture_group = langue_d_oil
     						culture_group = langue_d_oc
    @@ -5878,7 +5878,7 @@
     		factor = 30
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
    -				junior_partner_of = THIS
    +				junior_union_with = THIS
     				religion = catholic
     				NOT = { has_country_flag = humanism }
     				}
    @@ -6041,7 +6041,7 @@
     			}
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				religion = catholic
     				}
    @@ -6053,7 +6053,7 @@
     				has_country_flag = rival_of_emperor
     				AND = { 
     					elector = yes
    -					any_known_country = { elector = yes preferred_emperor = yes }
    +					any_known_country = { elector = yes preferred_emperor = THIS }
     					}
     				AND = { 
     					has_country_flag = ex_emperor
    @@ -6064,7 +6064,7 @@
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    -			any_known_country = { has_country_flag = reformation_sponsor culture = THIS }
    +			any_known_country = { has_country_flag = reformation_sponsor primary_culture = THIS }
     			factor = 1.4
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    @@ -6890,7 +6890,7 @@
     			}
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				religion = catholic
     				}
    @@ -7027,7 +7027,7 @@
     		factor = 20
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				religion = catholic
     				}
    @@ -7039,7 +7039,7 @@
     				has_country_flag = rival_of_emperor
     				AND = { 
     					elector = yes
    -					any_known_country = { elector = yes preferred_emperor = yes }
    +					any_known_country = { elector = yes preferred_emperor = THIS }
     					}
     				AND = { 
     					has_country_flag = ex_emperor
    @@ -7050,7 +7050,7 @@
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    -			any_known_country = { has_country_flag = reformation_sponsor culture = THIS }
    +			any_known_country = { has_country_flag = reformation_sponsor primary_culture = THIS }
     			factor = 1.4
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    @@ -9234,7 +9234,7 @@
     					owns = 87 #Calais 
     					}
     				AND = { 
     					owns = 63 #Calais MEIOU
     					}
     				owns = 235 #Kent
    @@ -9245,7 +9245,7 @@
     					87 = { owner = { OR = { has_country_flag = reaction_to_reformation religion = protestant religion = reformed } } } 
     					}
     				AND = { 
     					63 = { owner = { OR = { has_country_flag = reaction_to_reformation religion = protestant religion = reformed } } }
     					}
     				235 = { owner = { OR = { has_country_flag = reaction_to_reformation religion = protestant religion = reformed } } }
    @@ -11052,7 +11052,7 @@
     				PAP = { has_country_flag = catholic_reformation }
     				} 
     			}
    -		set_country_flag = catholic_reformation
    +		owner = { set_country_flag = catholic_reformation }
     		}
     	random_owned = {
     		limit = { owner = { religion = protestant } }
    @@ -11094,14 +11094,16 @@
     		}
     	random_owned = {
     		limit = { owner = { religion = reformed } }
    -		clr_country_flag = jesuit_influence
    -		clr_country_flag = renaissance
    -		clr_country_flag = counter_reformation
    -		clr_country_flag = anabaptists_tolerated
    -		clr_country_flag = reformation_maybe
    -		clr_country_flag = indecision
    -		clr_country_flag = catholic_reformation
    -		set_country_flag = refused_reformation
    +		owner = {
    +			clr_country_flag = jesuit_influence
    +			clr_country_flag = renaissance
    +			clr_country_flag = counter_reformation
    +			clr_country_flag = anabaptists_tolerated
    +			clr_country_flag = reformation_maybe
    +			clr_country_flag = indecision
    +			clr_country_flag = catholic_reformation
    +			set_country_flag = refused_reformation
    +			}
     		}

}

Patch for DG_Papal_Sponsor.txt:

Code:
    --- DG_Papal_Sponsor.txt	Fri Aug 14 13:14:59 2009
    +++ DG_Papal_Sponsor.txt	Wed Aug 19 18:08:42 2009
    @@ -293,6 +293,8 @@

is_triggered_only = yes #by decision

+#! FROM = country
    +
     title = "EVTNAME551502"
     desc = "EVTDESC551502"

@@ -2962,7 +2964,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551509" #Stay removed from the situation
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 70
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				marriage_with = THIS
    @@ -3154,7 +3156,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551509" #Write a missive encouraging leniency
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 10 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				marriage_with = THIS
    @@ -3602,7 +3604,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTC551509" #Apply pressure on the pope to forgive
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 5 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				marriage_with = THIS
    @@ -4038,7 +4040,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTD551509" #Write a missive encouraging stringency
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 10 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				marriage_with = THIS
    @@ -4480,7 +4482,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTE551509" #Apply pressure on the pope to convict
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 5 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				marriage_with = THIS
    @@ -5765,7 +5767,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551516" #Call a church council
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 25 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			exists = AVI
     			factor = 2
    @@ -5808,7 +5810,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551516" #Make plans to hold a church council
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 25 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			exists = AVI
     			factor = 1.5
    @@ -5848,7 +5850,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTC551516" #The church needs a firm hand
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 50 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			AVI = { has_country_flag = western_schism }
     			year = 1410
    @@ -5970,7 +5972,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551516" #Same #Make plans to call a church council
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 25 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			exists = AVI
     			factor = 1.5
    @@ -6010,7 +6012,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTC551516" #Same #The church needs a firm hand
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 75 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			AVI = { has_country_flag = western_schism }
     			year = 1410
    @@ -7568,33 +7570,33 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551524" #Divide the world between the claimants
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 80
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
    -			any_known_country = { has_country_flag = discovered_america war_with = THIS }
    +			owner = { any_known_country = { has_country_flag = discovered_america war_with = THIS } }
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    -			any_known_country = { has_country_flag = claimed_america war_with = THIS }
    +			owner = { any_known_country = { has_country_flag = claimed_america war_with = THIS } }
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			capital_scope = { controller = { has_country_flag = discovered_america war_with = THIS } }
    +			owner = { capital_scope = { controller = { has_country_flag = discovered_america war_with = THIS } } }
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			capital_scope = { controller = { has_country_flag = claimed_america war_with = THIS } }
    +			owner = { capital_scope = { controller = { has_country_flag = claimed_america war_with = THIS } } }
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			has_country_flag = claimed_america
    +			owner = { has_country_flag = claimed_america }
     			factor = 10
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			ally = { has_country_flag = claimed_america }
    +			owner = { ally = { has_country_flag = claimed_america } }
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			overlord = { has_country_flag = claimed_america }
    +			owner = { overlord = { has_country_flag = claimed_america } }
     			factor = 5
     			}
     		} 
    @@ -9248,29 +9250,29 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551524" #Grant a monopoly to the first to arrive
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 10
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
    -			any_known_country = { has_country_flag = discovered_america war_with = THIS }
    +			owner = { any_known_country = { has_country_flag = discovered_america war_with = THIS } }
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			has_country_flag = discovered_america
    +			owner = { has_country_flag = discovered_america }
     			factor = 5
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			ally = { has_country_flag = discovered_america }
    +			owner = { ally = { has_country_flag = discovered_america } }
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			overlord = { has_country_flag = discovered_america }
    +			owner = { overlord = { has_country_flag = discovered_america } }
     			factor = 5
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			capital_scope = { controller = { has_country_flag = discovered_america war_with = THIS } }
    +			owner = { capital_scope = { controller = { has_country_flag = discovered_america war_with = THIS } } }
     			factor = 0.1
     			}
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 0
     			}
     		} 
    @@ -10924,53 +10926,53 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTC551524" #The Americas are free for any to conquer
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 8
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 0
     			}
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 0
     			}
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    +			owner = { any_known_country = { has_country_flag = claimed_america war_with = THIS } }
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			capital_scope = { controller = { has_country_flag = claimed_america war_with = THIS } }
    +			owner = { capital_scope = { controller = { has_country_flag = claimed_america war_with = THIS } } }
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		} 
    @@ -12821,57 +12823,57 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTD551524" #The New World should remain unspoiled
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 2
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 0
     			}
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 0
     			}
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			NOT = { badboy = 0.1 }
    +			owner = { NOT = { badboy = 0.1 } }
     			factor = 2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = {
     			factor = 0.2
     			}
     		} 
    @@ -14650,8 +14652,8 @@
     						}
     					}
     				}
    +			country_event = 551566
     			}
    -		country_event = 551566
     		}
     	PAP = { 
     		set_country_flag = church_council_called
    @@ -14767,8 +14769,8 @@
     						}
     					}
     				}
    +			country_event = 551566
     			}
    -		country_event = 551566
     		}
     	PAP = { 
     		clr_country_flag = church_schism
    @@ -14897,8 +14899,10 @@
     option = { 
     	name = "EVTOPTA551527"
     	ai_chance = { factor = 75 }
    -	prestige = -0.02
    -	badboy = +0.5
    +	owner = {
    +		prestige = -0.02
    +		badboy = +0.5
    +	}
     	any_country = { 
     		limit = { 
     			capital_scope = { owned_by = THIS }
    @@ -14926,8 +14930,10 @@
     option = { 
     	name = "EVTOPTB551527"
     	ai_chance = { factor = 25 }
    -	prestige = 0.01
    -	badboy = -0.25
    +	owner = {
    +		prestige = 0.01
    +		badboy = -0.25
    +	}
     	controller = { 
     		set_country_flag = just_war 
     		relation = { who = THIS value = 50 }
    @@ -15202,7 +15208,7 @@
     name = "EVTOPTA551531" #A matter of squabbling monks
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 25
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = {
     			PAP = { has_country_flag = reformation_council_begging }
     			factor = 0.65
    @@ -15246,7 +15252,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551531" #Call a church council to deal with it
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 50 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			is_religion_enabled = reformed
     			factor = 1.1
    @@ -15470,7 +15476,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551532" #Demand it be held in a more acceptable location
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 25
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				has_country_flag = council_host_country
    @@ -16740,7 +16746,7 @@
     			prestige = +0.01
     			stability = +1
     			}
    -		random_owned = {
    +		random_country = {
     			limit = { PAP = { has_country_flag = counter_reformation } }
     			AVI = { 
     				set_country_flag = counter_reformation
    @@ -16994,7 +17000,7 @@
     name = "EVTOPTA551539" #Call a crusade
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 50 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			idea = deus_vult
     			factor = 1.4
    @@ -17083,7 +17089,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551539" #Other matters demand our attention
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 50 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				has_country_flag = crusade_sponsor
    @@ -17379,7 +17385,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551545" #Offer to recognize the usurper
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 50
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			PAP = { has_country_flag = decline_of_religion }
     			factor = 1.4
    @@ -17466,7 +17472,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551545" #Rome is the rightful seat of the pope
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 50 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			owns = 118
     			factor = 0
    @@ -17495,13 +17501,15 @@
     		}
     	random_owned = { 
     		limit = { owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 1 } } }
    -		set_country_flag = Roman_crusade
    -		set_country_flag = crusade_for_rome
    -		add_core = 118
    -		add_ai_strategy = { 
    -			conquer_prov = {
    -				id = 118
    -				value = 50
    +		owner = {
    +			set_country_flag = Roman_crusade
    +			set_country_flag = crusade_for_rome	
    +			add_core = 118
    +			add_ai_strategy = { 
    +				conquer_prov = {
    +					id = 118
    +					value = 50
    +					}
     				}
     			}
     		}
    @@ -17630,7 +17638,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551548" #Follow the news from the Holy See
     	set_variable = { which = "conclave_news" value = 2 }
     	random_owned = { 
    -		limit = { owner = { NOT = { missionaries = 1 } } diplomats = 1 }
    +		limit = { owner = { NOT = { missionaries = 1 } diplomats = 1 } }
     		owner = { diplomats = -1 set_variable = { which = "conclave_news" value = 3 } }
     		}
     	random_owned = { 
    @@ -18147,7 +18155,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551552" #Grant secular princes a veto
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 50 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 1.2
     			year = 1405 #There is more pressure to make concessions the longer a schism lasts
    @@ -18311,7 +18319,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551553" #Promise to hold regular councils
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 50 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 1.2
     			year = 1405 #There is more pressure to make concessions the longer a schism lasts
    @@ -18532,7 +18540,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551554" #Ignore them
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 20
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			has_country_flag = ignore_lollards
     			factor = 0.5
    @@ -18551,11 +18559,11 @@
     		relation = { who = THIS value = -25 }
     		}
     	random_owned = { 
    -		limit = { has_country_flag = ignore_lollards }
    +		limit = { owner = { has_country_flag = ignore_lollards } }
     		owner = { clr_country_flag = ignore_lollards set_country_flag = lollards_ignored }
     		}
     	random_owned = { 
    -		limit = { NOT = { has_country_flag = ignore_lollards } NOT = { has_country_flag = lollards_ignored } }
    +		limit = { owner = { NOT = { has_country_flag = ignore_lollards } NOT = { has_country_flag = lollards_ignored } } }
     		owner = { set_country_flag = ignore_lollards }
     		}
     	}
    @@ -19051,7 +19059,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551557" #Call all good Catholics to fight this heresy
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 90 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			idea = divine_supremacy
     			factor = 1.4
    @@ -19175,7 +19183,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551558" #Uphold the compacta
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 70 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = {
     			PAP = { has_country_flag = corrupt_pope }
     			factor = 0.7
    @@ -19396,7 +19404,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551562" #Grant permission for the wedding
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 80 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				has_country_flag = marriage_on_hold
    @@ -19492,7 +19500,7 @@
     		}
     	prestige = 0.003
     	random_owned = { 
    -		limit = { has_country_flag = marriage_on_hold }
    +		limit = { owner = { has_country_flag = marriage_on_hold } }
     		owner = { country_event = 551086 }
     		}
     	any_country = { 
    @@ -19505,7 +19513,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551562" #Forbid this impure union
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 20 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			has_country_flag = marriage_on_hold
     			factor = 0
    @@ -19595,7 +19603,7 @@
     		}
     	prestige = 0.005
     	random_owned = { 
    -		limit = { has_country_flag = marriage_on_hold }
    +		limit = { owner = { has_country_flag = marriage_on_hold } }
     		owner = { country_event = 551087 }
     		}
     	any_country = { 
    @@ -19782,7 +19790,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTA551564" #Try to find a compromise acceptable to both sides
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 60 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			has_country_flag = aggrieved_second_party
     			factor = 0.5
    @@ -19816,7 +19824,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551564" #Rule in favor of the plaintiff
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 20 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 0
    @@ -20022,52 +20030,62 @@
     		}
     	random_owned = { 
     		limit = { 
    -			any_known_country = { 
    -				has_country_flag = aggrieved_first_party 
    -				has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_5
    +			owner = {
    +				any_known_country = { 
    +					has_country_flag = aggrieved_first_party 
    +					has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_5
    +					}
     				}
     			}
    -		treasury = 2.5
    +		owner = { treasury = 2.5 }
     		PAP = { treasury = 2.5 }
     		}
     	random_owned = { 
     		limit = { 
    -				has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_10
    +			owner = {
    +					has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_10
    +					}
     				}
     			}
    -		treasury = 5
    +		owner = { treasury = 5 }
     		PAP = { treasury = 5 }
     		}
     	random_owned = { 
     		limit = { 
    -				has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_20
    +			owner = {
    +					has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_20
    +					}
     				}
     			}
    -		treasury = 10
    +		owner = { treasury = 10 }
     		PAP = { treasury = 10 }
     		}
     	random_owned = { 
     		limit = { 
    -				has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_40
    +			owner = {
    +					has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_40
    +					}
     				}
     			}
    -		treasury = 20
    +		owner = { treasury = 20 }
     		PAP = { treasury = 20 }
     		}
     	random_owned = { 
     		limit = { 
    -				has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_80
    +			owner = {
    +					has_country_flag = aggrieved_bribe_80
    +					}
     				}
     			}
    -		treasury = 40
    +		owner = { treasury = 40 }
     		PAP = { treasury = 40 }
     		}
     	random_country = { 
    @@ -20090,7 +20108,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTC551564" #Rule against the plaintiff
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 20 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 2
    @@ -20596,7 +20614,7 @@
     					NOT = { has_country_flag = curia_controller }
     					NOT = { tag = PAP }
     					NOT = { has_country_flag = excommunicated }
    -					placed_merchants = 5
    +					total_merchants = 5
     					}
     				change_variable = { which = "tribunal_crown_cardinal" value = 2 }
     				change_variable = { which = "tribunal_chancellor_holy_roman_church" value = 0 }
    @@ -20610,7 +20628,7 @@
     					NOT = { tag = PAP }
    -					placed_merchants = 15
    +					total_merchants = 15
     					}
    @@ -20624,7 +20642,7 @@
     					NOT = { tag = PAP }
    -					placed_merchants = 30
    +					total_merchants = 30
     					}
    @@ -20653,7 +20671,7 @@
     				NOT = { tag = PAP }
    -				placed_merchants = 10
    +				total_merchants = 10
     				}
    @@ -20667,7 +20685,7 @@
     				NOT = { tag = PAP }
    -				placed_merchants = 20
    +				total_merchants = 20
     				}
    @@ -20681,7 +20699,7 @@
     				NOT = { tag = PAP }
    -				placed_merchants = 40
    +				total_merchants = 40
     				}
    @@ -20950,7 +20968,7 @@
     				NOT = { tag = PAP }
    -				culture_group = neapolitan
    +				culture_group = napolitan
     				}
     			change_variable = { which = "tribunal_crown_cardinal" value = 0 }
    @@ -22824,7 +22842,7 @@
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
     				has_country_flag = title_to_new_world
    -				rival_of = THIS
    +				is_rival = THIS
     				}
     			factor = 0.7
     			}
    @@ -22872,7 +22890,7 @@
     	name = "EVTOPTB551567" #Try to change his mind
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 30 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			NOT = { missionaries = 1 }
     			factor = 0.5
    @@ -23019,7 +23037,7 @@
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
    -				rival_of = THIS
    +				is_rival = THIS
     				}
     			factor = 0.7
     			}
    @@ -23067,7 +23085,7 @@
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 30 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 0.5
    @@ -23215,7 +23233,7 @@
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
    -				rival_of = THIS
    +				is_rival = THIS
     				}
     			factor = 0.7
     			}
    @@ -23263,7 +23281,7 @@
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 30 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 0.5
    @@ -23410,7 +23428,7 @@
     		modifier = { 
     			any_known_country = { 
    -				rival_of = THIS
    +				is_rival = THIS
     				}
     			factor = 0.7
     			}
    @@ -23469,7 +23487,7 @@
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 30 
    -		days = 1
    +
     		modifier = { 
     			factor = 0.5

Thanks again, Ignatich. I'll be releasing a new version on Friday with these and other bugfixes.
    Wiki

You are welcome. Here is another one for orthodox religion:

Code:
    --- DG_Orthodox.txt	Thu Aug 13 12:35:04 2009
    +++ DG_Orthodox.txt	Wed Aug 19 22:24:33 2009
    @@ -65,19 +65,19 @@
     		factor = 1.4
     		}
     	modifier = { 
    -		NOT = { owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = -3 } } }
    +		NOT = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = -3 } }
     		factor = 2
     		}
     	modifier = { 
    -		NOT = { owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 1 } } }
    +		NOT = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 1 } }
     		factor = 2
     		}
     	modifier = { 
    -		owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 5 } }
    +		check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 5 }
     		factor = 0.7
     		}
     	modifier = { 
    -		owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 9 } }
    +		check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 9 }
     		factor = 0.7
     		}
     	}
    @@ -90,19 +90,19 @@
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 50 
     		modifier = { 
    -			NOT = { owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = -3 } } }
    +			NOT = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = -3 } }
     			factor = 0
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    -			NOT = { owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 1 } } }
    +			NOT = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 1 } }
     			factor = 0.5
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    -			owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 5 } }
    +			check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 5 }
     			factor = 1.4
     			}
     		modifier = { 
    -			owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 9 } }
    +			check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 9 }
     			factor = 1.4
     			}
     		}
    @@ -117,7 +117,7 @@
     				religion = orthodox
     				}
     			}
    -		clr_country_flag = catholic_periphery
    +		owner = { clr_country_flag = catholic_periphery }
     		}
     	}
     option = { 
    @@ -158,8 +158,8 @@
     		NOT = { has_country_modifier = reduced_stability_cost }
     		NOT = { has_country_modifier = religious_intolerance }
     		NOT = { has_country_modifier = support_troops }
    +		NOT = { idea = liberty_egalite_fraternity }
     		}
    -	NOT = { idea = liberty_egalite_fraternity }
     	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    @@ -167,15 +167,15 @@
     	months = 1200

modifier = { 
    -		advisor = theologian
    +		owner = { advisor = theologian }
     		factor = 0.7
     		}
     	modifier = { 
    -		advisor = ascetic_monk
    +		owner = { advisor = ascetic_monk }
     		factor = 0.7
     		}
     	modifier = { 
    -		advisor = oblate_friar
    +		owner = { advisor = oblate_friar }
     		factor = 0.7
     		}
     	modifier = {
    @@ -350,7 +350,7 @@
     	NOT = { has_province_flag = patriarchate }
     	NOT = { has_province_modifier = religious_scandal_province }
     	NOT = { any_neighbor_province = { has_province_modifier = religious_scandal_province } }
    -	NOT = { government = theocracy }
    +	NOT = { owner = { government = theocracy } }
     	}

mean_time_to_happen = { 
    @@ -386,15 +386,15 @@
     		factor = 2
     		}
     	modifier = {
    -		NOT = { primary_culture = THIS }
    +		owner = { NOT = { primary_culture = THIS } }
     		factor = 1.5
     		}
     	modifier = {
    -		NOT = { culture_group = THIS }
    +		owner = { NOT = { culture_group = THIS } }
     		factor = 1.5
     		}
     	modifier = {
    -		NOT = { accepted_culture = THIS }
    +		owner = { NOT = { accepted_culture = THIS } }
     		factor = 1.5
     		}
     	modifier = { 
    @@ -1899,11 +1899,11 @@
     	months = 960

modifier = {
    -		has_country_modifier = religious_tolerance
    +		owner = { has_country_modifier = religious_tolerance }
     		factor = 0.5
     		}
     	modifier = { 
    -		has_country_modifier = religious_intolerance
    +		owner = { has_country_modifier = religious_intolerance }
     		factor = 0.5
     		}
     	}
    @@ -1939,14 +1939,16 @@
     			num_of_cities = 1
     			has_country_flag = uniate_church
     			}
    -		owner = {
    -			stability = -1
    -			clr_country_flag = uniate_church
    -			set_country_flag = uniate_tolerated
    -			religion = orthodox
    -			force_converted = yes
    +		THIS = {
    +			owner = {
    +				stability = -1
    +				clr_country_flag = uniate_church
    +				set_country_flag = uniate_tolerated
    +				religion = orthodox
    +				force_converted = yes
    +				}
     			}
    -		}
    +		}		
     	}
     }

@@ -1975,27 +1977,27 @@
     	ai_chance = { 
     		factor = 40
     		modifier = { 
    -			owner = { num_of_cities = 5 }
    +			num_of_cities = 5
     			factor = 1.6
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			owner = { num_of_cities = 10 }
    +			num_of_cities = 10
     			factor = 1.6
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			owner = { num_of_cities = 20 }
    +			num_of_cities = 20
     			factor = 1.6
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			owner = { num_of_cities = 40 }
    +			num_of_cities = 40
     			factor = 1.6
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			owner = { num_of_cities = 80 }
    +			num_of_cities = 80
     			factor = 1.6
     			}
     		modifier = {
    -			owner = { num_of_cities = 160 }
    +			num_of_cities = 160
     			factor = 1.6
     			}
     		}
    @@ -2071,7 +2073,7 @@
     			}
     		AND = {
     			owner = { religion = orthodox }
    -			has_country_flag = uniate_tolerated
    +			owner = { has_country_flag = uniate_tolerated }
     			}
     		}
     	}
    @@ -2174,9 +2176,11 @@
     	innovative_narrowminded = 1
     	random_owned = {
     		limit = { 
    -			capital_scope = { owned_by = THIS } 
    -			capital_scope = { is_core = THIS }
    -			advisor = theologian
    +			owner = {
    +				capital_scope = { owned_by = THIS } 
    +				capital_scope = { is_core = THIS }
    +				advisor = theologian
    +				}
     			}
     		owner = { remove_advisor = theologian }
     		}
    Pay special attention to change with THIS = {} scope as I'm not sure if it's meant to work this way.

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I have a couple of out-of-the-blue suggestions:

I don't think the Mahayana Buddhism (instead of "Shinto") thing really works. I'm sure it's theologically correct, but this is a game of geopolitics, and the geopolitical effects need to be taken into consideration as well as the theology. In vanilla, Japan is an island nation with a unique religion, which makes it sit there like a bump on a log, which is reasonably "true" to history (as EU3 representations of what happened outside of Europe go). But, since the game's religion system is designed to model the religious wars of Europe, and so that the AI tries to have two allies at any given time, the AI interprets "there are only two nonvassal countries of our religion, Japan and Tibet" as "our top diplomatic priority should be to ally with Tibet". This gets Japan involved in no end of other peoples' wars that they have no real business being involved in and, in general, really warps their diplomacy.

I think either keeping Japan's religion unique or wrapping Shinto and Buddhism into one "religion" make sense.

My second suggestion is to merge the "Dharmic/Eastern" and "Pagan" religion groups. (I see you've gone the other way, and split the Dharmic group in two.) The thing is, the game models the diplomatic effects of being of another "religion group" on the diplomatic distance between Renaissance Christianity and Islam, or even an exaggerated view of that difference. As far as I know, the only other places in the world where differing religions made such a diplomatic difference (and even this would be argued against by many) were the borders between Mohammed's religion and (1) the pagans of Africa and (2) the Hindus. In terms of game mechanics, it is almost impossible to form alliances across religion group boundaries, and royal marriages are completely out of the question. I just don't see this kind of diplomatic gulf among the Hindu and Buddhist countries of Southern/Eastern/Southeast Asia.

I would argue the reverse of what you have done, that the "Dharmic" and "Pagan" religious groups should be merged, because the difference between the two is, in my view, a modern concept, and (more importantly) they don't seem to have regarded the difference at the time as a reason for religious wars. E.g. I doubt the Buddhist Mongols would have considered it out of the question to form alliances with and give/receive daughters in marriage from those Mongols who were still Tengri. Or, if the Chinese had stretched their state power across the Pacific, I expect they would have expected the states on the other side of the Pacific to pay tribute to the Middle Kingdom, rather than declaring war on the Aztecs etc. because they weren't Taoist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast