• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sep 26, 2008
I have EU3: IN, and I can't figure out how to move my capital.

I'm playing as England, and I've conquered the Barbary states and the Holy Land. I want to press south across the Sahara, but I'm running desperately low on manpower, since my overseas holdings have -50% to manpower from non-accepted culture, and -50% from being overseas.

I've amassed 1000 ducats and +3 stability. What else is required? Is "Move Capital" a province decision, or what?

Thanks.

Aha, that's a button? I mistook it for a decorative icon. Thank you.

"We can not move our capital overseas, not while it still has a big heartland around it. Only when our capital is isolated, will it be possible." Well, I'm sorry to say that I'm still confused. What's it mean in game terms? Do I have to have more cores in Africa than I do on the Isle of Britain?

RobertSmalls said:
Aha, that's a button? I mistook it for a decorative icon. Thank you.

"We can not move our capital overseas, not while it still has a big heartland around it. Only when our capital is isolated, will it be possible." Well, I'm sorry to say that I'm still confused. What's it mean in game terms? Do I have to have more cores in Africa than I do on the Isle of Britain?

Your capital has to be surrounded by other nations, so you cannot move it from the British isles basically, you could move it to Orkney or the Western Isles and then sell the highlands to another nation, then you can move it wherever.

Ah, I see. Well, that's lame.

How historical would it be to move the government from London to the Orkneys, pop. 1500, then sell a piece of Scotland to a despicable Muslim tribe, etc? But then I suppose it would be fairly unhistorical for me to run a *British* Empire from Alexandria or Asyut anyway.

I suppose I'll use NI methods to deal with my little problem.