• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A weak starting position but being western, catholic, with all those islands counting as connected (non-overseas) provinces and those 2 NIs... I expect great things :p

Wow excellent National Ideas to start off with as well as a beautiful beginning XD . The Pearl of the Pacific is definitely one of my favourite nations . Spread the Faith !

Wow excellent National Ideas to start off with as well as a beautiful beginning XD . The Pearl of the Pacific is definitely one of my favourite nations . Spread the Faith !

Yes, hopefully.

I only have one request: DO NOT CONVERT TO PROTESTANTISM.

Throne said:
Yes, hopefully.

I concur XD , it would be totally against the Filipino way ! It would be cool too to see the Philippines as Papal Controller XD Cardinal Sin , anyone ? XD

Throne said:
Yes, hopefully.

that request has been heard, and already thought of :) ;) it really would be out of character for the filipinos, as Canonized said.

Asian Pearl
A Filipino AAR

Part IV

Gaining Full Control Over the People
King Matthev I along with his spanish court seeked to expand their power, gaining control over all filipino territory was
crucial since rebels and opposing factions constantly raided our villages and cities from the thick djungle.
Even though the conversion to Christianity went well with the higher class of Manila, the majority of the population
was still practising thier old religion. Alot of people felt like thier king had left them, and out of this grew rebel leaders
and thier armies.
Matthev I understood that his days where numbered if he didn't act quickly, with the help of his well educated court
he sent out missionaries to Manila hoping that the people would embrace the true religion before siding with the enemy.

The common people in Manila where split between the rebels and the king, some wanting thier old ways back, others
noticed the massive improvements that had taken place in such a short period of time. In 1509 a major rebelion took place
in Manila; 4 000 rebels laid seige to the grand capital, and even managed to beat the royal army once! After over a year
of struggeling they where finaly beaten outside of Manlia, this was the last drop of rebellious activity in the capital province,
after that people finally gave up, or adapted, thier old customs. Now the majority had embraced a civilized way of living,
2 years later, 1511, the missionaries came back triumphantly, Christianty had been fully accepted by the people.

Gaining Control Over All Filipinos
Filipino people live primarely in the areas of Manila, Samtoy, Cagayan, Visayas, Sulu, Palawan, Maguindanae and Tagoloan. The western influence created by the spanish survivors and ofcourse Matthev I made it easy to gain control over these provinces by colonization. Rarely did any violence accur, and if it did it was struck down immidietly. Christianty spread like wildfire across the land, usually much faster then the colonists. It can be debated if they actually should be called colonies, since they basicly was old villages turned into modern filipino cities, many wanted to be a part of The Philippines and joined our nation joyfully. The Philippine expansion had begun.

Paul, Matthev I's Son
The king had one son and two doughters, the son was the heir to the philippine throne, Paul was his name. He was a quiet and open-minded person, he was also a devout Christian, much more so then his father. Paul always wanted to experience and learn new things, when the missionaries forced themselfes through djungle and equally thick narrowmindness he was there. When new colonies where established in Visayas and Cagayan he was there, when ships would sail to foreign nations he would be the first one onboard... if his father allowed him. But he was not so eager to rule, he turned away from the few responsibilties he had, and instead studied the world around him.

Thanks for reading
Look out for the next update.

Last edited:
Throne said:
Hurrah, an update! That's definitely a nice bit of expansion within just 14 years.
yeah, Im impressed myself ;)
it was easy since all of them were already core and the right culture, also I added some small modifications so that colonizing the main islands would be easier (to represent something like "the spanish survivors legacy")
:)

A very excellent update :D Very soft map !

Nice map and initial expansion ;) Eagerly awaiting for more screenies :D