• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Asian Pearl
A Filipino AAR

Part VI

Philippine Expansion
The Taiwanese colony had been a huge success, Paul I considered colonial expansion to be the best option for gaining increased power. Paul was a calm and modest person, military campaigns simply where not of his nature and almost all nations in the pacific where either allied or guarantied by the powerful Malaccans or Ming. The exploration voyages of the past were further expanded with an additional fourth and fifth expedition, these stretching deep into the Indian Ocean and around the Australian continent. But the colonies where built closer to home, where several rich areas laid free for us to colonize.
18vg9.jpg

The Indonesian provinces where very rich, bot in tax and production

17wy5.jpg

Australia has many rich provinces, but lay to far away for a permanent colony at the moment

The colonies brought us a new kind of wealth, the wealth of information and culture. Paul I was ofcourse filled with joy over this. The Spanish Survivors gave us a huge advantage in colonizing and exploration, they had also given the Philippines a massive increase in science, religion and philosophy. Paul I allowed them to influence his nation on every level, together they shaped a unique east Asian civilization.
19em5.jpg

The Last of the Spanish Survivors Dies
In 1543 the last of the original survivors died, the king had now not only lost a political companion and court member but also a true friend. In the palace rooms you could hear Paul’s piercing cries echo throughout that night. He arranged for the most beautiful funeral the Philippines had ever seen, and the last Spanish survivor was buried in the grand St. Maria’s Cathedral in Manila next to his former crew. Paul I made a promise to God and all his people that even though the Spanish had now left this world the legacy of them would never fade away.

Word Spreads About the Philippines
Portugal together with the Dutch has for a long time travelled in our home waters and many times visited the fine king Paul. With time a powerful relationship grew between Portugal and the Filipino people. They had colonies in India and Africa, and wanted to explore the pacific. When they found a Catholic half-Spanish civilization in the middle of nowhere they almost lost their minds, but after a long history lecture from Paul I they finally understood. Portugal and Spain where now in a frequent culture exchange with The Philippines. And word spread all across Europe of our amazing nation.

*Technology group changes to Latin*
*The Philippines can now choose Latin military units*
20ho6.jpg

Thank you for reading
Look out for the next update

Excellent ! The final survivor is laid to rest ! Very touching !

Asian Pearl
A Filipino AAR

Part VII

Paul I dies, Juann I takes power
Paul died in 1550, he had extended the power of his nation greatly by colonizing and exploring the pacific, his son Juann became king after him. Juann thought as his father had done, he also had a calm and modest personality but was not at all insecure about being king; he sat on the throne with big confidence and dignity. He would for the coming years continue his fathers colonization and exploration, extending the Philippines borders even further.
29dh7.jpg

The first military campaign of the Philippines
In the Indonesian archipelago lies a small kingdom called “Bali”. This one-province minor has made a lot of noise for being so small; recently the ruler of Bali sent Juann I a message, upon receiving the message he ripped its pages and tossed it on the fire. Apparently the sultan of Bali considered Juann and all the Filipinos infidels and wished them to be crushed by the ocean waves. The nobles and court where outraged over Bali’s lack of respect, but they where protected by Malacca and Brunei. But, the sultan did never expected his two protectors to go to war with each other, in 1558 the first war of Malaccan aggression started. The Bali’s found themselves being completely defenceless, desperately they sent a apology to Juann I. Even though Juann, as any good Christian would, forgave them in his heart, he still considered it necessary to expend his borders and rid the world of the evil sultan. And so the war started.
28pj8.jpg

It was a short war, the once so cocky Bali lay crushed and their full annexation was demanded. Missionaries eagerly went to the newly extended areas of the Philippines to spread the gospel, it took only 5 years for the population to see the light, it’s rumoured that even the former sultan accepted Christ. It became a great relief for the Bali population since just 13 years earlier the Sultan had unsuccessfully tried to forced his people to convert to Islam. Now through peaceful missionary work the people finally found God.
27df0.jpg

The Second Military Campaign
Several years after the conquest of Bali a new rouge state made too much noise; Makassar. This small Muslim trading nation had for a long time owned a Centre of Trade, and because of this they experience a strong immigration of Filipino merchants and their families. In many areas there only lived Filipinos, and by 1571 a majority in their capital where Filipinos, or at least Christians. This made the Makassarian sultan furious and ordered that all Filipinos to be moved by force and that all churches should be razed. Juann I could not accept his people being treated this way and ordered an attack on the nation on Makassar.
24ku4.jpg

The strong fortress of Makassar was hard to break through but after a persistent siege the city finally surrendered. All Filipinos where saved and most churches. As usual missionaries came and managed to convert the province within a few years, the process was enhanced by the already existing Christian community.

Butterfly Effect
The integration of Makassar into our realm was not significant in itself but made a huge in-direct difference. Soon all of the Philippines traded through that trade centre; from Taiwan in the north to Java in the south. Makassar now rivalled Malacca, and with the Malaccan defeat against the Chinese in 1577 The Philippines became the largest trading nation in south-east Asia. Brunei; Malacca’s friend, attacked us in 1579, probably because they saw that their position had now gotten a whole lot worse. But their ability to view the situation was not matched by their ability to view the Philippine army, they didn’t have a chance against our western technology and where crushed. Two provinces where gained from the war that ended in 1580.
22pp5.jpg

The Saint In Makassar

In Makassar there lived a peaceful monk, his name was John of Makassar. When the sultan choose to by force move all filipinos and destroy all churches he and many others saw thier lives ruined. But before him appeared an angel, telling him to lead the christians from his church and the neighborhood around it to a nearby cave where they would be for that night. John did so, he did not question the angels message. They held each other warm throughout the night, and John held a glorius teaching about Jesus. When they returned to Makassar they saw that thier church along with the houses next to it had been burnt to the ground. It was the sultan that had done it! But all survived, and John was now considered a Saint. After his death the Pope declared Johan of Makassar to be a Saint.
16lr0.jpg

//Note: I realize that this update was very 'pro-christian'. I'm sorry if anyone feels upset about that, but that's just how the story goes :)//

Thank you for reading :)
Look out for the next update.

//Note: I realize that this update was very 'pro-christian'. I'm sorry if anyone feels upset about that, but that's just how the story goes //

It's the way every update should be. :p

Demon1 said:
gotta love this aar :D you have a good balance of text and screenies

but what does the saint proclaimed event do :confused:
thank you, I try to keep the text/image ratio in mind.

hmm... to be honest I don't remember what the 'Saint Proclaimed' event did. but I think it was something with +1 stabilty, or possibly extra prestige.

"//Note: I realize that this update was very 'pro-christian'. I'm sorry if anyone feels upset about that, but that's just how the story goes //"

Just make sure to threw a pro commie and pro libertarian update now and then :D

Asian Pearl
a Filipino AAR

Part VIII

Controling the Pacific
After Paul I's and Juann I's large-scale colonization campaigns the pacific now seemed to be under Filipino control. Only the outskirts close to Australia lay untouched, and with more and more of our provinces beeing considered as Core Areas of our splendid nation we saw an extraordinary increase in tax revenue. Nearly all of Europes important nations had visited us and even tried to wage war against our enemies! When none of these military campaigns proved successful for the Europeans they turned to colonization, but found all land to be under our wise rule. We where now the most powerful nation in east Asian together with Japan, and ofcourse Ming.
film2bmt3.gif

Through colonization and war we have managed to create the most powerful realm in south-east Asia

Philippine Trade
The Filipino people had always been good at trading, always on the lookout for the best possible prices, but with the new trade center in Makassar the trade simply exploded. Juann I choose to draw inspiration from Europe and promote free trade, this gave us a great advantage against our enemies. Ming China owned the largest centre of trade situated Jiangsu. Every year our merchants would, without much effort, bring home huge amuonts of money. This made the Chinese emperor Jiajing I angry, but he allowed it in hope of that his own traders might learn a thing or two from us.
31gr6.jpg

Great profits flowed from the chinese trade center in Jiangsu

The Two Emperors
In our part of the world there are only two emperors, one in China and one in Japan. They were far from friends, still not close to enemies -they respected each other. It actually seems like Japan was the only nation that Ming fully accepted, the chinese emperor had promised to put his entire army and fleet against those who opposed Japan. The Philippines had for a long time seeked to luanch and attack towards the japanese islands, but their army and navy was to large, no man could attack those islands. Or so it seemed for the moment at least.
30uc5.jpg

The Japanese Islands together with the strong japanese navy makes an attack seem impossible

Thanks for reading this rather small update,
look out for the next one!

Demon1 said:
do you plan to go to america and extort cash from the incas? :)
hmm no, I'll probably stay in asia, thats my plan for now at least :D

Enewald said:
Invasion of Japan shall be hard, as allways.
Watch out for storms! :D

What about siberian gold?
is there alot of gold in siberia? well there are gold in australia and japan, so I'll aim for that first.