v5.6 released (July 22nd, 2013)
• Non-Compatible Savegames •
Several things you ought to know before downloading :
• System recommandation : Over 2Gb RAM •
• Check you have installed the May 28th (2013) beta 5.2 patch of DW
--- If you are installing MEIOU 5.6 for the first time, make sure that the vanilla EU3 files have not been altered.
--- Previous versions of MEIOU would change vanilla files without allowing you to restore them properly.
• Make sure the Divine Wind folder you are installing to is outside the Program Files folder.
--- You can make a copy of the whole EU3 folder and put it somewhere else (eg C:\Games) and it will work fine.
• Download MEIOU 5.6 some place, like on the desktop.
• Copy the contents of the downloaded compressed file into the EU3 folder you will use for MEIOU (you can use 7zip).
--- Check that MEIOU Launcher.exe is in the main EU3 folder with eu3game.exe.
--- Check that there is a meiou.mod file and meiou folder in the mod folder (EU3\mod\meiou.mod and EU3\mod\meiou\).
• If available, download and install the latest MEIOU patch (5.6.X).
--- You should also download and install the latest available MEIOU hotfixes (5.6.X.Y).
• Run the MEIOU Launcher.
• Click on the button "Initialise MEIOU".
• If the button in the bottom-right does not say "Launch EU3 (LAA)" then you need to click on the button "Switch EXE".
--- You may get a warning about the /3GB switch. Follow the instructions if you know you haven't fixed your system before.
• If you don't mind altering some cosmetic vanilla files you can click on the "Optional Graphics" button to get a better MEIOU experience.
• Launch the game.
• Have fun.
• I'm getting a System.UnauthorizedAccessException error
--- You're probably trying to install inside a Program Files folder. Windows has special protections on data in these folders which causes issues for our Launcher. You can try running the Launcher as an Administrator but you should probably make a copy of your EU3 folder that is outside of Program Files.
• I'm getting a System.IO.FileNotFoundException error
--- Were you using the "Optional Graphics" option and did you have an old version of MEIOU installed? The command is trying to work with some old files that MEIOU previously just deleted. Your extra graphics have been installed properly.
• What happened to the old MEIOU Launcher
--- We didn't have access to the source code and the previous author is out of contact. Sirk wrote a new one so we can make changes to it as needed.
• I have a question that didn't get answered here
--- Make a post on the forum and ask it.
If you are playing on a Mac, please follow the instructions in this thread made by Wawanee.
Do not forget the May 5th (2013) final 5.2 Patch
Please read ALL the installation instructions.
Consider the upgrade savegame NON-COMPATIBLE
> > > MEIOU:TD v5.6 for DW v5.2 < < <
> > > Map Cache for MEIOU:TD v5.6 < < <
>>> Hotfix Thread <<<
To be installed over v5.6.00
Link to Complete Changelog
[MEIOU:TD]v5.6.00-Specific Discussion thread