• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Knights canont convert willingly. If you examine the files you cannot access the decisions as the Knights or the Papacy (Something I only realised when the Reformation happened and I didn't have the decision open...). So I had to resort to using rebels.

I'd always just planned to convert though. I liked the idea of the Knights disowning the Pope and going on a Crusade to claim the New World for the "righteous".

Right you are, my bad.

eu3mapspa1609111.png

eu3mapspa1609112.png

My game as Castille, currently 1609. Managed to head England off early, and now England doesn't even exist. Of course, now that my coastal domination of the Americas is finished, I can start peacefully colonising. France was almost on the verge of collapse, having WE of over 14 and 20%+ revolt risk, but we were allies so I couldn't attack. Too many of my men were tied up in England and the Americas anyway.

My game as Castille, currently 1609. Managed to head England off early, and now England doesn't even exist. Of course, now that my coastal domination of the Americas is finished, I can start peacefully colonising. France was almost on the verge of collapse, having WE of over 14 and 20%+ revolt risk, but we were allies so I couldn't attack. Too many of my men were tied up in England and the Americas anyway.

Did you have anything to do with the situation in Northern Europe? An independent Finland is extremely rare, but in your game they've even managed to acquire Neva and Ingermaland. Also, is that Norway controlling Sweden, or did Denmark revolt from Scandinavia?

Did you have anything to do with the situation in Northern Europe? An independent Finland is extremely rare, but in your game they've even managed to acquire Neva and Ingermaland. Also, is that Norway controlling Sweden, or did Denmark revolt from Scandinavia?

I think it's best to let the game answer the question about Finland:

finlandhistory.jpg

sorry if it isn't comprehensive, but I didn't really follow the N Europe wars because I was concentrating on the west. As for Denmark, France actually had control of Denmark and meckelburg and a few other -burgs, but because of huge WE they all revolted until only Hamburg is still French.

As for norway, I'm afraid I've got no idea where Sweden is (nor the names of it's provinces), so the best I can do is show the province Norway gained:

norwayhistory.jpg

In addition, the Papal states swallowed Naples quite early on

papalstateshistory.jpg

and after checking their Mission page, all they have to do is end their current war and gain a core on Firenze, then Italy will be formed.

Next thing to do is moving your capital to the Americas .

Good idea, but when I try it says Madrid will need to be isolated first. I can't exactly sell off provinces around it though...

Last edited:
1588 in a Mecklenburg -> Prussia game

EU3_MAP_PRU_1588212_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_PRU_1588212_2.jpg

France has been kept mostly in check by a Castilian-Anglo-Portuguese alliance. Hungary has blobbed. The former Ottoman Empire is a complete mess. Milan has conquered much of Italy, and it used own even more, but I've taken some away in a series of wars. Japan has gone colonial (although only half that red in Indonesia is Japan.)

The stage seems to set for a showdown between Great Britain and myself. I own Munster (I conquered it in 1400 so I would be able compete in colonization early on) and now Great Britain has a core on it, which is probably why Britain has recently canceled military access and embargoed me. The British own Freisland where they currently have 65,000(!) soldiers, another 21,000 in Calais, and last time I checked, 15,000 in Savoy.

Move it to an island (say the belarus, the one right off of Iberia), then move to America.
You can't move your capital unless it is endangered.

I think he meant the Baleares, not Belarus...

Uhh.....sure. Whatever that little string of islands is named that is to the west of Iberia in the Med. Sea.

East.

But yes, the Belaeres.

Yes, moving it to an island will let you move it to the New World.

The badside is generally by moving it to an island like the Baleares, you cut your naval support limit badly, or at least thats my experience, so make sure there's some financial cushion above the 1000 you need to move the capital again.