• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With a little luck, it's certainly possible - all it requires is the OE to collapse, and that's common enough that you could easily just reload every time it goes wrong until it all goes right. I wouldn't be so quick to automatically assume that anyone who has achieved success with a relatively obscure country is cheating. All it takes is one success and you can start to snowball from there.

Actually it was surprisingly easy, with a little luck.

Firstly I allied with Venice, Aquileia and Genoa. Declare war on Byzantium when they're at war with the Ottomans and occupy Morea, after the Ottomans peace out Byzantium, take Morea.

Then I went for Cyprus, although they were guaranteed by Burgundy and France but I managed to annex Cyprus and peace out France (the alliance leaders) for 25 ducats. Finally I annexed Byzantium (before the Ottomans could) so I had 4 provinces, a decentish army and a fair amount of inflation.

I got lucky, and the Ottomans got into a personal union with Nogai, as the junior partner which gave me some time. I used that time to take some provinces from Georgia, these contributed nothing income wise, but they were a target for the Ottomans+Golden Horde to waste time sieging when the wars started.

Eventually I did end up at war with the Ottomans, Golden Horde and Nogai, with Venice and Aquileia on my side. My opponents "wasted" a lot of time sieging my Georgian possessions, and Thrace which weren't cores of mine at that point, while myself and my allies took a number of the Ottomans European provinces, and killing off small enemy stacks (they seemed to enjoy building troops in Macedonia).

They did manage to take them back, but Venice kept sending 2-3K men armies into their northern provinces, which kept some of the enemy armies there. while the armies that came into my Greek provinces faced my 8K cav with a 6 shock general, which made short work of any of their smaller armies. They did send a 13-14k army down their eventually and took Achaea but by then the Ottomans WE was too large so they had some large rebellions before they could take advantage of it. Oh and rebels rose up in Thrace a few times, which really helped me since the Ottomans ended up fighting them.

I managed to take 3 provinces from them after that first war, and they weren't a threat 5 years later, when I was in a better position. I did end up having Thrace rebel and break off into Byzantium though, but they were easily defeated at that point. I also lost one of my 3 Georgian provinces to Georgian rebels, but it had served it's purpose as a decoy by then anyway.

I will admit I reloaded once, when Morea decided to rebel when I had 1K troops and nothing else.

Achaea are in a relatively good position, compared to say The Knights, or even Byzantium since they're not such an early target of the Ottomans.

This was all in IN 3.0, and I'm not sure it would work so well in 3.1 since I would guess the alliances with Venice+Aquileia would have been over as soon as I attacked Byzantium. The alliance with Venice especially was vital against the Ottomans.

With a little luck, it's certainly possible - all it requires is the OE to collapse, and that's common enough that you could easily just reload every time it goes wrong until it all goes right. I wouldn't be so quick to automatically assume that anyone who has achieved success with a relatively obscure country is cheating. All it takes is one success and you can start to snowball from there.

reloading several times to get what you needed is a type of cheating, imo. :)

reloading several times to get what you needed is a type of cheating, imo. :)

I hardly consider it cheating if you are annexed and have to reload to survive. It's just like trying it again...

I see no problem reloading for a minor if the early years go poorly.

Bad early years with such small countries ruin the game, and starting from square one is legit in my opinion.

Cheating is breaking rules to gain unfair advantage, restarting doesn't give you an unfair advantage and isn't breaking any rules.

I see no problem reloading for a minor if the early years go poorly.

Bad early years with such small countries ruin the game, and starting from square one is legit in my opinion.

Cheating is breaking rules to gain unfair advantage, restarting doesn't give you an unfair advantage and isn't breaking any rules.

reloading for 10 times where you have 10% of possibility to get what you want can only be called cheating. that's altering the game & its events for your own use.

reloading for 10 times where you have 10% of possibility to get what you want can only be called cheating. that's altering the game & its events for your own use.
1. You guys are talking about different things. Nobody's disagreeing with you. Everyone's just saying that reloading once or twice in case of disaster is all right.

2. He didn't even do that. He mentioned he reloaded once, early on, because of a random rebellion.

1. You guys are talking about different things. Nobody's disagreeing with you. Everyone's just saying that reloading once or twice in case of disaster is all right.

2. He didn't even do that. He mentioned he reloaded once, early on, because of a random rebellion.

a "random" rebellion when he was not "dead". when you do that it loses the attribute of "random". if you want a dice of 6 and try and get it that there is no meaning at throwing a dice.

that s altering the game when you are not supposed to. that s not restarting the game from the last check point cos the game was over.

and for me, reloading for small changes or big changes it doesnt matter. if you alter it s just cheating. big cheating or small cheating, i dont care for that.

Even though I don't consider it "cheating" (I don't consider anything "cheating" if it's done for yourself but if you post a game where you've cheated in it's just showing you can't do it by yourself) a very good thing to say that is quite hard to argue with (not impossible though) is that, "what would happen if a nation back then got into trouble? How would they reload??" I can just imagine the English saying to the French "wait! WAIT! WAIT! Jus.... just hang on a sec will ya!! This ain't going well at all! I'm losing! I need to reload!!"

Of course you could safely argue that this is a game not real life but it's a game based on real life or what could have happened in real life. It is alternative history. It does not say anywhere in the game description that it is a made up game with a sole purpose of conquering. Go play Command and Conquer if you want that. The purpose of this game is to play as a nation through history and make the decisions you would have made.

Ok, time to post an empire for a change.. :)

My Navarra, took Foix and Armagnac early on when I got into a war with France. I was lucky because France was deep in war with Burgundy already and didn't have any men left to fight me (and Aragon) too. So I took Armagnac, Foix and a French province. Soon after that Aragon (my previous ally) DOWed me for no apparent reason.. They had their army fighting the french and were knee-deep in WE. What a stupid AI..

Anyways, took some of their provinces and then I was secured in Europe.

I then abused my custom Super-Empire government and went far ahead of others in tech. I had also set my colonist number to 400 so some cheating involved.. I then used my huge colonial range (for that time) to secure all coastal provinces in the New World.

Meanwhile France was destroyed by Burgundy and Great Britain was overwhelmed by rebels (who I helped, just for fun). That's the world now in 1646. Portugal started colonising Africa while I was busy in Americas, but I kicked them out of there.. Now I'm the only coloniser in the world!

a "random" rebellion when he was not "dead". when you do that it loses the attribute of "random". if you want a dice of 6 and try and get it that there is no meaning at throwing a dice.

that s altering the game when you are not supposed to. that s not restarting the game from the last check point cos the game was over.

and for me, reloading for small changes or big changes it doesnt matter. if you alter it s just cheating. big cheating or small cheating, i dont care for that.

True, and I do rather regret reloading at that point in my game. However I'll say that at the time I didn't have confidence in my playing skills that I'd be able to survive much longer if I had continued. Sure I wasn't dead, but I felt I was going to be going up against the last boss with only a knife/crowbar/generic FPS melee weapon.

So maybe I should have started again from scratch instead of reloading, but I didn't see the point in playing the first 2-3 years again.

But anyway you guys have now made me decide to start another Achaea game (that one was getting boring). Maybe I'll come back if I can do that well again.

Anyway enough about that, I want to see some more impressive Empires, just like that Navarra one.

haha the Navara one is one of the few "cheating" games that I like lol (it may not be completely done through cheats, I don't know)

but he, at least, mentioned he had a super-government and was ahead of everyone! And (I'm guessing) this is the game where you reached the money limit? hahaha

I liked the Navara empire coz he, at least, represented it (along with a little admit to cheating) in style! :cool:

I personally don't mind if someone cheats! But they should at least admit it! That way you don't have to blame them for cheating but just accept it and talk about the game anyway! (fyi I don't believe reloading is "cheating" so I didn't mean any above empire done like that as an empire that "cheated" to get where it was)

True, and I do rather regret reloading at that point in my game. However I'll say that at the time I didn't have confidence in my playing skills that I'd be able to survive much longer if I had continued. Sure I wasn't dead, but I felt I was going to be going up against the last boss with only a knife/crowbar/generic FPS melee weapon.

So maybe I should have started again from scratch instead of reloading, but I didn't see the point in playing the first 2-3 years again.

But anyway you guys have now made me decide to start another Achaea game (that one was getting boring). Maybe I'll come back if I can do that well again.

Anyway enough about that, I want to see some more impressive Empires, just like that Navarra one.

yeah, enuf about that. the thing i infact pointed was whenever you play a game with achaea there will possibly be other "random" events which are not gonna be in 100% your control and they will put you in hard situations. and again infact, the real pleasure usually comes from them. if you would try & at last handle that situation maybe you d say "wow, what a challenging game, this s really my empire!" :)

Hehe, thank you. And yes, this is the game where I reached the limit. :D I don't really see the point of it, but oh well..

I personally think that cheating spices up the games, gives some advantages that make the game more enjoyable. I, for example, think that steamrolling France is quite more amusing than getting steamrolled by it. Still, it's everyone's own choice wheather to tolerate cheating or not. Just, keep it to yourselves, you don't have to start flaming ;)

Hehe, thank you. And yes, this is the game where I reached the limit. :D I don't really see the point of it, but oh well..

I personally think that cheating spices up the games, gives some advantages that make the game more enjoyable. I, for example, think that steamrolling France is quite more amusing than getting steamrolled by it. Still, it's everyone's own choice wheather to tolerate cheating or not. Just, keep it to yourselves, you don't have to start flaming ;)

You know what you should do next! Colonise Siberia and invade Asia from the north!! I did it with GB once (in a "cheating" game) and it was hilarious!! Just looking at the screenshot of the map was funny!

I've tried that in my Manchu/WC game a few pages back and to be honest the f*cking provinces are so big that the f*cking rebels are 3 months away from your army usually.. :D That's not fun!

edit: I might even do that for an alternate ending.. Right now I'm thinking about conquering Souther Europe and North Africa and meeting up in Asia Minor.. Then going for North Europe and from there to Asia. The latter will propably bore me too much and I'll quit before I reach WC :D

Time to put this back on the first page!

This is my Nogorod, soon to be Russia in 30 years, game in 1440.

The whole world,

EU3_MAP_NOV_1444130_1.jpg

Me and my vassals,

EU3_MAP_NOV_1444130_2.jpg

It is really tough right now. I have been in constant wars since the beginning. Only two DOW's by me, the rest were the AI trying to gang up on me. Even the TO, who had 0 troops, DOW me. With all the wars I've been expanding faster than i ever meant to. Lots of crazy stuff happening in the rest of the world. Ukraine annexed Lithuania, then Lithuania declared independence when Ukraine collapsed, now I have vassalized Lithuania. I also had all my lands join the HRE. Inflation is only up to 9.3%

Castille has been relentless over in Iberia. France colonized the Azores and Madeira. OE inherited Hedjaz, I don't know what happened there.

Scotland had occupied all of england, then the idiots settled for a white peace! England has been going bankrupt since day one. Wales might just annex them. Hamburg is still in their revolution against Denmark.

This is my first game out of Europe, and it is fun to see what happens without me there.

Last edited:
EU3_MAP_TUN_1505411_1.jpg

Tunis.png

A game of extreme luck, no use of cheats or game altering effects whatsoever, just plainly WWM (even though i kinda consither WWM sub par, but most people know why).

t0m was playing the same scenario as tunisia and i felt the urge to try it out again since there was a discussion about what there could be done with Tunisia.

Founding Tunisia on trade isnt as hard with the huge amount of luck i had but soon i was almost as rich as Ming (think of 65 ducats a month). Algiers attacked somewhere around 1430 taking 1000 ducats saved in my treasury and 2 provinces leaving me to move in a panic move around africa to Little karoo and annex that minor african which name i dont know anymore.

After that it was a simple spreading trough zulu and matupa, move capital and change main culture to Bantu.

oh yeah, and the inflation is acceptable in my opinion, suits fine to 10% as long as you get tax assessors somewhere.
it wont rise anymore because of national bank, and you still got a solid monthly income because of the trade.

I have lost interest in this game, and its only 1505 (god i have a short attention span) does anyone want to continue it?

PS: i also use my own Eu3 interface. This does NOT come with WWM.

Last edited: