• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Ethiopia game, I actually grew even bigger; around Cape and into Kongo but then I encountered the Europeans and things got complicated... :) forgott to take a screenshot though :(

eu3mapeth149812142lj5.png

otto-expansion.jpg

Speaks for itself, Ottomans 1470 from a side game (some easy simple Europe-kicking fun to distract me from the more difficult AAR game I'm playing). I counted vassal territory as mine for this map though.

Could it be possible to stop the Europeans from getting to America?:eek:

Follow-up on the above post. Same Ottomans game, 1587, my plus vassal territory outlined in red.

otto1587.jpg

Most of Europe united under my flag. Though I did tamper with the savegame a little to lower War Exhaustion, so it's not really fair play.

A Eurocentric foreign policy, eh? :D

I was playing the Knights but all the sudden my country changed to Papal State automaticlly, but why?

It was probably because the Papal States were annexed by Milan, and since you The Knights are a theocracy, you switched to the Papal States.

Shouldn't I be asked if I'm willing to switch or not? I don't think I've ever get an notice for the switch:eek:

I didn't think that was possible, they always just ask for 12 ducats in my games.

But I didn't annex the Papal state and why I'm forced to switch:mad::confused:

But I didn't annex the Papal state and why I'm forced to switch:mad::confused:
Someone has to be the Papal States. :)
You're probably the only theocracy left.

I didn't think that was possible, they always just ask for 12 ducats in my games.
This game would be rather broken if there was a country you couldn't annex!

Someone has to be the Papal States. :)
You're probably the only theocracy left.

This game would be rather broken if there was a country you couldn't annex!

You can annex the Papal state but they will just respowne somewhere else.

There were periods in history when Popes didn't rule from Rome....

Don't you want to be the Papal States, or did you want to paint the world with the colors of the Knights?

I didn't want to play Papal State, do you mean you can control if you want to switch to Papal State? Actually this is my first successful Knights game and I want to be the Knights till the game end but it's a pity that I was forced to switch to the Papal State. Anyway it was a lot of fun and a good game:)

You can annex the Papal state but they will just respowne somewhere else.

They don't respawn. Some random theocracy becomes the new Papal State.
At least until Italy forms. Once that happens, The Papal State will stop respawning.

And have you tried reloading your game when you converted? If yes, that would mean that the thocracy becoming Papal State ain't random and instead the most powerful theocratic faction gets the title of Pope.

And have you tried reloading your game when you converted? If yes, that would mean that the thocracy becoming Papal State ain't random and instead the most powerful theocratic faction gets the title of Pope.
It's fairly random if you look at the actual event:
Code:
country_event = {

id = 1082

trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = PAP }
		NOT = { exists = ITA }
		religion = catholic
		government = theocratic_government
		NOT = { tag = TEU }
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 6

modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			tag = AVI
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 2.0
			capital_scope = {
				NOT = { religion = catholic }
			}
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.95
			theologian = 5
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			NOT = { advisor = theologian }
		}
	}

title = "EVTNAME1082"
	desc = "EVTDESC1082"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA1082"
		prestige = 0.025
		government = papal_government
		change_tag = PAP
	}
}
Having a 5-star theologician or being avingon makes it more likely, while being non-catholic or not having any theologicians at all makes it less likely. Other than that it's totally random.