• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Russian Empire, I am hated through out the world, but people emulate our style.
It's 1650 and the world is one big mess.

[URL=http://img535.imageshack.us/i/eu3maprus1656121.png/] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

The Byzantine Empire stretched from Iraq to Austria. After I stripped them of their possessions in the Balkans after several atrocious wars, they nearly collapsed. This eventually resulted in a expansive orthodox Iraq. Oldenburg managed to hold on, to Northern Germany and Denmark for a while. Madurai is happily uniting it's culture group, it is slowely expanding towards Bangladesh. Finally but not least, Ethiopia is a beast. The Mamelukes will be gone in a few decades. Every few years or so they warn me, go to war with me, occupy South-Africa and white-peace out, because I blockade their whole coastline. Those few south-African provinces are not worth the effort to station 25.000 soldiers.

My goals are: Conquer the Scandinavian peninsula, including the Danish Islands, Conquer the whole North-American continent, occupy South-east-Asia, unite all Slavic-territory under the banner of mother Russia and own all territory in Central-Asia that the historical Russian Empire owned.

Ohw... and the pinkish colour in Norway, that is Gotland. They pretty much owned the whole of Norway and a few Swedish provinces.

Last edited:
What the hell happened with the rest of India? :wacko:

EU3_MAP_JAP_157131_1.jpg

Glorious empire of Japan in 1571. I managed to get as far as Somalia and I have a Shinto vassal in Crete. I'm also competing with Castille and Portugal over America.

Hmm, That Ottoman empire is shaping up to become quite a behemoth.
EU3_MAP_NOR_1768417_1.jpg

Norway in 1768.
Here I did my best to colonize america as the nation who originally "discovered" it. England beat me to large parts of it unfortunately and both Canada and the USA revolted.

Oh, and... that is Trebizond you see over there in Kamchatka.

No, but they did inherit Great Britain and managed to remain stable for the past few centuries as other countries around it fell to the blobs. Good guess though.

Care to make another?

Habsblob? Also, is that Byz in northern Golden horde?

Habsblob? Also, is that Byz in northern Golden horde?
No, not the Habsburbgs. Though I'm amazed they didn't take over the world as they've been like that for a while now. Imagine a Frank-Austrian alliance that lasts the entire game to get rid of Burgundy.

Yeah, that's the Byzantines. They've got splashes of Orthodox territories around the world. This is 3.0, so the AI doesn't use missionaries.

Italy? i've never seen AI form it
No, but Naples was close to forming it. The Pope even relocated to Bremen, but it wouldn't take Tuscany. I got annoyed, annexed Tuscany, and allowed Naples to take it. They formed Italy shortly thereafter and, oddly, have a colony in Ethiopia.

Sweden? The boarders look too neat to be AI.
Nah. Scandinavia has been a nation neutral for the past one hundred years. But there are two imperfections with it. First, Austria took part of Denmark. Second, Rev. France took over part of Finland. If I was the AI, I would have removed it.

There's still a few things left on the table: France, Burgundy, Maharasta, Tuscany in exile, and Cyprus.

Najd :D

If there is one thing that I miss from earlier EU3 games are that nations tend to blob and when they do they tend to be cohesive and contiguous. This was lost in HTTT and forgotten. DW fixes this a bit, but its large empires are too fragile. Basically AI Empires were harder to beat and stronger in In Nomine than they are inside vanilla DW or HTTT.

Austria, Maharasta, Scandinavia, Italy, Revolutionary France, Burgundy, Iraq, China, Byzantium, The Golden Horde, and many others are all born almost completely entirely without my influence. Naples got Tuscany from me because I was annoyed that they had a core on it but didn't go after it. I went into each of those states and actually used their missionaries for them (only on two occassions) because 3.0 AI does not use a single missionary. I'm not sure what the hell happened with the Golden Horde... It destroyed Russia and later would fight with the Europeans over colonies. Apart from that? Those are AI creations and they. are. strong. You don't see this in HTTT or DW.

EndGamestats.png

I'll give you one last hint, I'm an OPM. My empire was financial with twelve different monopolies, enjoying well over 100 relations with almost every European power, and many colonial and immediate muslim states, while remaining amiable with China, Japan, and Maharasta. Also, I start off in an island that has the wrong culture and the wrong religion.