• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Golden Horde in 1820

It has been a difficult game all the way through. The first thing I did was reform the government then westernize. I decided early that I would not go that far west and focus east but I have been in two wars with the the monster burgandy which ended luckily with white peaces and also 4 wars against Austria and Bohemia.(Austria would declare war I would fight them for a few months when Bohemia would jump in, Smart AI. They also out teched me most of the game.) I was able to escape most wars only have to concede territory in 2. I spent the rest of the time expanding East and trying to keep the Russian Countries divided. I was thinking of editing the save to go further I heard you could go to the late 1880's so I can do my last project the great war against Xia.

EU3_MAP_BYZ_1595.jpg

My Byz Empire game, 1595.

Allies...

France (never actually waged war together, but nobody dares to declare war either! Instead... used spies to lower their stab to -3 during a massive war where each province had 33+% rebellion chance - they actually didn't lose a single province to rebels :().
Russia.
Ukraine.
Styria (Vassal)
Montenegro (Vassal)
Pisa (Vassal)

>.>

Pondering where to go next. Mind you, I had 37% inflation half a century ago (now under 30 since I finally got national bank). Also finally managed to Westernize as I've been waiting for a good emperor for a century. Got a nifty 8-5-8 King now, who for some reason got elected Holy Roman Emperor because Riga's best relation with another country was -74... :)

Due to the inflation I had tech 10 where others had 21, but now I'm already at tech 18 within 7 years time (had a +85 neighbour bonus, +50 now o_O) and moved into free subjects and all innovative. Got almost all my national decisions passed within a few years and my economy is nifty - gaining 400-600 a year without minting. :)

Thinking of liberating Georgia (all orthodox Tim vassal since 1401) from the Timurids and pushing into the Mamluks, but I get no missionaries, so I'm a bit concerned with that. Any suggestions? :p

Been trying to get the Papal State to declare war on someone, but they don't dare to, I can't use the -3 stab hit from declaring war on them atm. Alternative would be to tackle the Mamluks, but they're allied with the Timurids (although I'm sure Russia would handle them ;P).

So you do actually get missionaries for Judea if it's Muslem or Orthodox? I thought that was only true for catholic Judea. Hmmm. Then that might become my priority.

Spain

My Castille->Spain game. It was my goal to take over all of the Americas and I have basically achieved that goal. Britain and Norway have the worthless frozen northern Canada provinces. I let the Native Americans live, they became too much of a hassle. France has two islands int eh Carribbean.

Strange things. OE driven back to eastern Africa :rofl: and Norway colonizing some parts of Africa. Syria revolted and became one of the top competitors for colonizing eastern Asia. Milan and I are having a race in India and France and I have taken two provinces in Manchu.

Ming collapsed, Wu rose up, Wu collapsed, Qin rose up. I'm waiting to see what happens when Qin collapses. The hilarious part is that all three Chinese nations are coexisting at the same time for the past 50 years.

The Timurid Empire is broken, and owns a lot of random enclaves in different parts of Eurasia. GH has gone as far as Austria :eek:. France is VERY big. At least, the biggest I've ever seen.

Early on, in the 1400's I took over Aragon and Portugal. I have been HRE for the past 250 years, excluding my regency councils. As HRE I have been in a lot of wars and I vassalized lots of OPMs in Germany. Half the HRE has left because the hate my Catholic Nation, which is 100% Catholic. I am now suffering from WE whenever I am in a minor war. It's like I'm an old man on the verge on collapse if I go to war.

England took over the British Isles in the 1500s and formed GB. A couple of wars with France and me and they released all Irish nations, Scotland, Northumberland, and Wales. Wales fell and became part of GB again. Shortly after this picture was taken I forced GB to release Wales and Cornwall.

Sweden is practically nothing, and Poland is going down that route too.

This is my world in 1727

The year is 1778, and I'm playing as Florida. It owes its independence to the dissolution of the Spanish Empire (you'll notice the turbulence in South America... yikes), and I thought it'd be interesting to play as them (was playing as Ossetia originally). They started off with three provinces, Calusa, Seminole and a disconnected Pensacola, surrounded by Creek, Timucua, Great Britain and France. I quickly conquered the Creeks and then annexed the Cherokee as well, so my empire spans farther than modern-day Florida itself. My first basic goal was to reunite modern-day Florida, but that's unfeasible for the time-being as Timucua is a British ally. Now, my major goal is to form the Confederated States (I'm hoping the US will form sometime, which could enhance the game experience when I form the CSA :p)

Continuation off my Byz Game, it's now 1791 and some interesting things occured. :)

EMPMAP_BYZ_17977.jpg

Nothing much changed except for dominance of the Arabian peninsula and integration of a couple vassals. Oh and Russia being completely out of control.

The current status of the HRE:
HRE.jpg

Castille, myself (for some reason wanted to ally with me, who am I to refuse?) and Russia are constantly shifting HRE between us. We're also allies. Note that pretty much everyone else who originally was in the HRE said "ah screw this" and apparently prefers to be occupied by France. I think they all quit cause of Bohemia actually.

The fun thing is that the HRE here looks much like the original Roman Empire, save France and Portuguese territories. :p Between the two of us we even hold the entire coast of north Africa (save Portuguese/Portuguese rebelled bits). ;)

Ze World.
EU3_MAP_BYZ_17977.jpg

Note the huge Rajputna who replaced huge Ceylon and Ming turned Manchu turned massive Ming rebellion turned... partially Russian. :x

Also note the Russian Indonesia. What was also funny was the Catholic Aztecs (land/naval 0) holding Greenland! British rebels defected to them for whatever reason, only to then realise they liked Brittain better and rebel back to the UK! o_O Also fun of note, Portugal sucks so much, they've started releasing nations everywhere. Including Venezuela and Haiti on the Dutch and French Antilles... In America, the USA rebelled (was quite a bit bigger actually) and from them, Louisiana spawned north of Florida. I also made sure Ireland defected from the UK by supporting Meath rebels till all of Ireland was free (there was only a UK core in there). Scandinavia and Ukrain (twice) have formed as well.

Oh and the religious situation in central Asia:
RelCentralAsia.jpg

The only remaining Sunni nation (that actually also has Sunni provinces) is a vassal of mine, should I release it and let Russia eat it up? >.>

Last edited:
My Sweden to Scandinavia game starting 1399. I pretty much spent the first 50 years fighting brutal wars against Denmark and Norway and focusing on nothing else but this and rarely looking outside of Scandinavia. By the mid-late 1400s I used my cores in Greenland to begin colonising North America and competed in a land grab race with Portugal which I managed to win by blocking off the entire east coast with my colonies. However much of the southern east coast US was Portuguese and I took most of it through wars, with only the area around Florida remaining to the Portuguese as well as Nova Scotia in eastern Canada. However they have somehow managed to get to California before me so I'm going to have to finish them off once and for all and secure my rule in North America:cool:

Also I'm now beginning to use my wealth and large army supplied from the North American colonies to begin getting dug in on European affairs and stop the French beast from becoming unstoppable. I've already managed to force the HRE to make me Emperor and I'm going to use the inevitable casus belli from France attacking a member state to knock them down a notch, and steal a few colonies in the process:)

Currently 1607:

eu3mapsca16071211.png

eu3mapsca16071212.png

Is that green mess in central Asia Qara Qoyunlu that destroyed the Timurids in an independence war? o_O

Timurids got piled on early in the game during a succession crisis and nearly half their country rebelled as Qara Koyonlu. After that I think it just began to expand rapidly somehow with incredible luck. I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed yet.

84d09f2e.jpg

Trebizond 1445.

My goal is to own the netire world except for Europe. In Europe I'll have one vassal for every culturegroup. Also I want Orthodoxy to be the only religion so I'm currently waiting for Corsica to convert so I can release them as vassals and sell them my Italian holdings.