• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Numenors took Navarra and some former french minor, when France fell apart and was forced to release all its nations (like the Dolphins and Auvergne and so on). Before its war with Burgundy it even had 3 more provinces in France.

Castille is currently the nation with the largest available manpower. Their holdings in greece are even so powerful to challenge the ottomans there.

I think I will have to make a surprise raid against GB on their island, because they have almost 40,000 men in their holdings on the european mainland (almost not possible to challenge them there).

Can you not tell Burgundy-Red from Red-Burgundy? :eek:

Not at all, but how are you supposed to distinguish between two reds that are like 2 degrees different?
If you look at the actual colors, there's quite a difference in the numbers (153/0/0 and 148/30/70) However, since red dominates, it's still hard to see.

I for one didn't see their border in Britanny before I zoomed in.

Byzantium, 1685. My economy is unstoppable and my borders are safe. I have no urge to expand. 'Prolly either sit back and watch the AI run the world to ruin or switch to one of my former arch-foes and try to topple myself. Mm, that's a good idea.

Byzantium: an oasis of light and goodness in a world of evil and foolishness. Great Britain and England both exist at the same time, sharing the Isles and enjoying seperate colonial empires. Absolute madness. Only within the safe, kind borders of Byzantium can sanity and peace be found.

byzpolitical.jpg

Behold: the soft power of Byzantium.

byzsoftpower.jpg

Behold: the economy and homogeneous religious preferences of Byzantium.

ecorelig.jpg

This was a pretty okay game. More vigilance than conquering. At one point I was surrounded by four evil "lucky" empires and was dead last in tech. Unfortunately, the AI's wheels sort of came off in recent decades; their inability to manage inflation no doubt helped me to solidify my position. The Timurids have 48% inflation. The 'Lith has 28%.

Behold: the aesthetically pleasing political boundaries of Byzantium.

mmbyzies.jpg

Last edited:
eu3mapned15973231.png

My current game as the Netherlands (started as Brabant) and things in Europe have taken a rather intresting direction. The year is 1597

First of all you might wonder what happened to France. Well, they got dogpiled by me, GB and Spain in 4 straight wars and then some Dauphinese rebels rose up, gained independence and then went on and annexed what was left of France.

The Ottomans are huge, and agressive. They also have the worlds third biggest army after me and Spain. The golden horde is another huge muslim blob.

Sicily is about to form Italy, I've never seem them do that before

Bavaria is a TPM on the italian peninsula

Ahmadangar (spelling), a country i had never heard of before this game, controls almost the entire Indian peninsula.

eu3mapger1750364.png

My very first game, starting as Teutonic Order, around 1500 formed Prussia, around 1600 Germany. All the smaller German states, Austria as well, are my vassals. Got the biggest army in the world (somewhat around 180k), Italy (my ally) the second biggest.

Got some territories in southern Africa, some in Australia, India, South America, some just north of Japan.
For a first game not that bad, is it?

Reactions:
My final game before HttT as Naples: (Ended early due to some annoyances in Arabia, and getting HttT.)

The map is slightly out of date.
Since this point I had conquered Tuscany and Pisa, released Tunisia and Tripoli, and Great Britain inherited an unusually large Hesse.

Things of note:
Catholic Syria (Hard to see).
Super Morea, my ally after the Byzantines got reborn as a Muslim Sultanate.
Norway is dominating Scandinavia.
The Timurids and Golden Horde never collapsed.
Hesse got elected Emperor and took Riga, Danzig, and Warmia from the TO.
Bavaria actually survived being Austria's neighbor, that's never happened in my games before.
Austria got into a war with France who, instead of taking territory, made them release Styria and later Tirol.

When the Reformation hit, Bavaria;Styria; Syria; and I all converted to Protestantism, while Hungary; Poland; Tripoli; and Prussia became Reformed.

Here you can actually see Syria.

eu3maprem16829101.png

My current game as the Roman Empire (WWM IN 3.1), starting as Milan, formed on 3rd October 1475 Italy, on 9th November 1525 the Roman Empire. It's 1682.

First thing to notice: Scary Muscowy, but it can't form Russia since Sweden (its ally) controlls Nowgorod. I got the biggest army of about 250k (next is obviously Muscowy), fighting constantly somewhere in Germany or the Caucasus.
Algiers is quite big as well, although I forced it after some wars to release e.g. Syria.

Btw: Both France (in Madeira) and Rev. France (north of Paris, replacing Utrecht) are my vassals

eu3maprem16829102.png

Reactions: