• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, it's not my empire, but I find this interesting:

zh4eva1llekkwckaw.jpg

Byzantine Empire AI lives and prospers without my help (I am non-European country and have little contact with Europe). This is rare, so I thought I should share ;)

A_Dane said:
wow wtf happend to france? what vers are you playing, and what year?

IN 3.1, unmodded (except for RR per WE back to 1). I have no idea, actually, they were quite powerful (the usual big blob), but then they got themselves into a series of war with Castille, Portugal, England and many continental powers and they ended like this. Bah, they deserve it, I hate Blue Blob.

But hey, let's admire what the Byzantine AI has achieved! They even have a "colony" in Flanders, which they converted to Orthodox religion :D

Holy... Ireland formed, France collapsed, Russia formed, Rome destroyed everything in sight, Timurid Empire vanished... Astonishing. :eek:

EU3_MAP_MUG_163485_2.jpg

EU3_MAP_MUG_163485_1.jpg

i formed mughal empire in maybe 1570 (kinda late). Now it is 1634.
Got a painful start fighting rebels mostly caused by stability losses (often 2-3 in the same year, the -2stability and lv4 mint advisor event popped 5-6 times) so the result is that my empire was technologicaly retarded... (i was at gov 9 while europe was at 18? :rofl: )...
Changed gov.type to empire so i could maybe stop the rain of bad events :wacko: ..that solved all :) .
10 or more years later i Switched to mughal empire and my gov.type was automaticaly changed to despotic monarchy... :confused: ...........i switched back to empire.... -3 stability cost again :eek:o

anwyay it's the usual: small gains in northern-eastern europe but playing defensive once mecca, thrace, asthrakan and 2 goldmines are stolen ; take india and form mughal empire for the bonuses; beat up asian blobs; and after all that is done and that my land tech is good enough, i'll attack europe.

funny lithuania btw... catched the novgorod syndrom, poland was like that before OE's bite :D

BWB => big white blob.

My monarch is very poor in diplomatic skills so my expansion is much slower... i want to fight OE/France soon.

eu329yq6.jpg

stability is extremely cheap for me, only about 780 ducats. monthly income is about 350 ducats.

Winner said:
Well, it's not my empire, but I find this interesting:
Byzantine Empire AI lives and prospers without my help (I am non-European country and have little contact with Europe). This is rare, so I thought I should share ;)

Neat. What's the dark red country west of Byzantine? Is it Serbia? If so, then they actually managed to recreate Yugoslavia, lolz :rofl:

theunlimited said:
Neat. What's the dark red country west of Byzantine? Is it Serbia? If so, then they actually managed to recreate Yugoslavia, lolz :rofl:

My guess would be that it´s Hungary.

EU3_MAP_RUS_1821.jpg

My first game that I actually took all the way from 1399 to 1820.

I started out trying to form Russia; then when that happened in the 1500s, I decided to try to conquer all lands Russia has ever owned/claimed. When that was finished not much later, I made my last goal to attempt to conquer all the lands that had ever been communist.

I never went above the BB limit for longer than a year until 1807, when I went on a conquest spree and ended up with a BB somewhere in the 110s.

Other than forgetting to invade southern Chile in my final war with Britain, not having enough diplomats to start a war for Arakan, and failing to take all of Angola, I think I came pretty close.

Other notes: If you look carefully, you can see Ming in Thailand. (At one point, they owned Settsu.) The small yellow blob in Germany is Frankfurt, which I had never seen before this game.
France got broken by rebels early in the game (something I had nothing to do with, until I was randomly scrolling around and saw half of France occupied by Fraticelli Heretics). They ended up losing Nevers, Provence, a five-province Luxembourg, Guyenne, Toulouse, and I don't remember if Normandy became free. France eventually managed to reconquer all but Luxembourg (which became Hainaut when other rebels broke them, then later went to half-and-half), but they took a long time to do so (1750s), by which point I started warring with them and releasing the states back.
Persia was ridiculously resilient this game. They single-handedly broke Bihar's monopoly over India (resulting in the several-state mess you see over there) and owned modern Kazakhstan, then over a series of wars I reduced them to Iran and a handful of provinces in Iraq. Figuring they were done, I left them, and near of the game, they had reconquered half of India, part of Somalia, and part of Egypt. I needed Somalia, so I conquered and force-released states again, but I'm impressed with their resilience.
Sweden came within needing to wait for cores to form Scandinavia, but they were never able to keep it together long enough.
Byzantines were annexed by the Ottomans--in the 1750s! The Ottomans never remotely threatened Europe.
Ethiopia also lasted to the 1750s.
Portugal actually annexed Galicia--they never went to war with Spain until the 1800s (and that was a white peace).
Haiti actually formed on Haiti. Just thought that was odd.

Disclaimer: No, the Philippines was never Communist. But it was just sitting there, uncolonized, tempting me to do something about it... Same with Guam. And Java. And some of the Spice Islands. And...

Last edited:

Note the three Western European superpowers: France on the continent, Spain (myself) in the Americas, and Britain in both (they inherited Sweden, the bastards). I stopped England's eastern expansion temporarily, though now they're coming from the North and South so I'll have to expand quickly in Minnesota and Texas to stop them. I stupidly let France and England get a foothold in South America, and it'll be difficult to corral England there. I didn't realize France has a colony in South Africa until I saw this, but I'm in better position for Eastern colonizing anyway.

Other items of note: Lucky Morocco that hates me, Lucky Poland with a bunch of poor OPMs as a buffer between it and France, that I might wanna inherit Norway and Brabant, that Russia was formed by Ryazan (!), that the beige blob in Central Asia/Middle East is actually two countries (Golden Horde and Persia, their border is in the Caucasus, I think), that Persia is in East Africa, that the Mamluks haven't fully collapsed yet, Indian power shaping up, large Brunei, average Ming. The year: 1600. This should make for an interesting endgame.

EU3_MAP_TEU_178611_1.jpg

1786, I'm the Teutonic Order. That's Milan in the pale purple, Byzantines in the bright purple. Both are my allies. Iberia collapsed in the early 1500s or something, and Aragon moved its capital to Benin, and has been building a North African empire. Britain was my ally, but they decided to cancel the alliance without explanation. The colonial nations, USA, UCPA, Lousiana and Canada are all carved from their former North/Central American holdings. I sat blockading every port in the British Isles for a decade waiting for the damn rebels to declare independence. For a long time the Timurids/Mughal Empire were huge, as they managed to form an Empire before getting torn apart by tribal succession. They seem to have collapsed a bit in the last few decades.

Tiax said:
*snip*

1786, I'm the Teutonic Order. That's Milan in the pale purple, Byzantines in the bright purple. Both are my allies. Iberia collapsed in the early 1500s or something, and Aragon moved its capital to Benin, and has been building a North African empire. Britain was my ally, but they decided to cancel the alliance without explanation. The colonial nations, USA, UCPA, Lousiana and Canada are all carved from their former North/Central American holdings. I sat blockading every port in the British Isles for a decade waiting for the damn rebels to declare independence. For a long time the Timurids/Mughal Empire were huge, as they managed to form an Empire before getting torn apart by tribal succession. They seem to have collapsed a bit in the last few decades.

Is that France or a misplaced Korea on Taiwan there?

World 1650.

Being in war from the very start, I have virtually exterminated all the heathen nations not to mention that all of Asia has accepted the orthodox religion. On the start I was not really interested on dowing Japan, since they were a very well fortified target on their island. But now they are the no.1 priority. My next objective is to expand into America. Hail the GREAT GREATER RUSSIAN WAMPIRE. My bad boy is about 500.

Georgia in 1758, IN 3.1, easy difficulty because I'm a noob.

Georgia1758.png

I have a contiguous land empire in 3 continents and most of the islands in the western Indian Ocean.
I could continue to trample the heathens in India and SE Asia but would really like to increase my foothold in Europe.
But they're strong and advanced and they all love each other.

Major powers besides Georgia are:
- Burgundy (chopped France, ate Inca, got American West Coast and bits of East India)
- Venice (Almost all of western and southern Africa)
- Scandinavia, expanding into German and Mayan territory

Other notable stuff:
- Ming and GB totally crumbled. China is torn into pieces, England is divided between the Pope and Prussia while Great Britain survives in the colonies.
- Novgorod, my ally, absorbed most of the Russians, but I have Moscow.
- Morroco extended all the way to Cairo before I decided to change that

Last edited:
Wow Junuxx... that has got to be one of the strangest games I've ever seen. Burgundy actually defeating France!?!?! Venice not only surviving, but thriving!?!?! Looks like Hungary even gobbled up the balkans!?!! Spain never gobbled up Portugal?!?!?! ALL of that is hard to believe in IN 3.1, I've honestly never seen ANY of that happen in numerous games. Wow again.

China usually crumbles, but GB!?! wow thats odd as well. Even looks like Ireland formed. Thats a really incredible game. Thanks for posting.