• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
eu3mapger1820151.jpg

My Brandenburg -> Prussia -> Germany game. I decided to do only "limited" expansion in Europe and instead focus late game on building my own colonial empire in Africa, India and Australia.

Some notes about the game. Only American nation to get independence was mini-USA. Golden Horde survived whole game and Russia never reached Siberia. Also, Ottomans did pretty well till the turn of 19th century when Russia decided to flood on Balkans and Ottos lost pretty much everything there either to Russians or rebels.

France went revolutionary and I pretty much stopped playing after the revoluationary war had ended. Just speeded up to the end and watched how Russia beated the crap out of Ottomans.

UPDATE

eu3mapita1535.png

By shadowdale at 2009-10-13

This game is developing both good and weird. France is being the good boy of the European continent and England is being the bad boy. Its a rare decade where England hasn't declared at least two wars on the other European powers and France is usually there to help them, but most of those wars end up without any land being traded. I focused on colonization early on so I managed to take control of the Americas but now the others are getting started with the Netherlands and Portugal devouring Africa like rabid wolves. I am just waiting for England to form the UK and then they and France will probably start moving on the "uncivilized" world as well, I doubt I will see many Danish, Prussian, Austrian or Byzantine colonies, but at least Byzantium will take as much as they can of North Africa and the Middle east.

The Neutral area in the center isn't the Swiss, but Tirol that made an appearance and probably fucked up some national decisions for Austria.

I foresee a century or more with some very big wars involving the major powers of Europe, and I think that will continue into Vicky and HoI as well :D

UPDATE

eu3mapita1535.png

By shadowdale at 2009-10-13

This game is developing both good and weird. France is being the good boy of the European continent and England is being the bad boy. Its a rare decade where England hasn't declared at least two wars on the other European powers and France is usually there to help them, but most of those wars end up without any land being traded. I focused on colonization early on so I managed to take control of the Americas but now the others are getting started with the Netherlands and Portugal devouring Africa like rabid wolves. I am just waiting for England to form the UK and then they and France will probably start moving on the "uncivilized" world as well, I doubt I will see many Danish, Prussian, Austrian or Byzantine colonies, but at least Byzantium will take as much as they can of North Africa and the Middle east.

The Neutral area in the center isn't the Swiss, but Tirol that made an appearance and probably fucked up some national decisions for Austria.

I foresee a century or more with some very big wars involving the major powers of Europe, and I think that will continue into Vicky and HoI as well :D

What mod is that? Or why are the AI nations so blobbed?

What mod is that? Or why are the AI nations so blobbed?

No mod, NI with the 7/10 3.2 patch.

They get blobbed because I want them to. When we go to war I make sure they are the primary on the sieges and when I get land in peace deals I try to get as much land to the AIs as possible and giving them good borders.

I do however log into the AIs from time to time to make sure they build the smart money generating buildings and have the smart NIs.

No mod, NI with the 7/10 3.2 patch.

They get blobbed because I want them to. When we go to war I make sure they are the primary on the sieges and when I get land in peace deals I try to get as much land to the AIs as possible and giving them good borders.

I do however log into the AIs from time to time to make sure they build the smart money generating buildings and have the smart NIs.

OK... so basically you're assisting them.

My georgia empire:I conquered Malta and let Catholic rebels take control, and turned christian.

Doesn't Georgia start out christian anyway. Why would you want to be Catholic over spreading the orthodox faith?Unless you wanted to become HRE and that was the reason.

Okay. It would be intresting to forcibly change; just I enjoy the idea of orthodoxy destroying GoldenHorde and linking up with the northern group.

C: Users -> You -> AppData -> Local -> VirtualStore -> Program files -> EU3

I think they should be there.

Two years into the game. PU's FTW! Ironic since the exact same thing happened in my England game in reverse.

EU3_MAP_POR_14011025_1.jpg

Also, how high of relations do you need to inherit? is it 100, or do the relations need to just be more than -100?

Last edited:
Here's my Rajputana empire in 1787:

eu3mapraj1787481c.png

I'm going to stop here because I've met all my goals -- Westernizing, uniting India, destroying France, converting most of Europe to Hinduism, and a final BB of 0. I'm also the richest country in the game and maxed out on all the techs.

I could probably finish the job by annexing Spain and Venice, but there would be no real challenge to it, so I'll move on to something else.