• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Capibara said:
I'm just focusing on colonization ;)
So have I for the most part.. but I figured I could handle both

1632, Hindu with mostly converted. Whole World Mod 3.1 IN. I westernized in 1447

Weird that in your game, more countries haven't expanded in Africa much

I like the über Sioux. :)
And just out of curiosity, who's that in northern Canada? And who controls the Inca lands?

Capibara said:
I'm just focusing on colonization ;) I'm not eager of steamrolling all my way to Europe, specially with uber Golden Horde and Persia in the way, however I'm planning an invasion to Japan right now.

THATS RIGHT GO FOR THE LAND WHERE VIDEO GAMES ARE AWESOMELY MADE!

But if you want Paradox games, you have to conquer Sweden. :D

Capibara said:
I'm just focusing on colonization ;) I'm not eager of steamrolling all my way to Europe, specially with uber Golden Horde and Persia in the way, however I'm planning an invasion to Japan right now.
?

How did Persia get so big? Or is that two countries? Still... enormous.

The lower half is Persia, the upper half is Golden Horde. I always found it strange that the Golden Horde, Persia, the Mamluks and Syria are all so similar in colour...

Yeah, I think they ran out of colors because they wanted the big countries (France, England, Sweden, etc.) to be easily recognizable, meaning that some of the other countries are stuck with similarly-colored neighbors.

what the hell happened in North-West Africa?
seems like Morocco built out quite a nice empire.
Impressive AI..

Yeah, I think they ran out of colors because they wanted the big countries (France, England, Sweden, etc.) to be easily recognizable, meaning that some of the other countries are stuck with similarly-colored neighbors.
It's moddable. I created some new religions for a mod I'm working at. afaik all colours can be modded by changing numbers in the country textfiles, very simple but I can't remember where exactly (ain't at home atm)

EU3_MAP_RUS_1695117_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_RUS_1695117_2.jpg

Im russia!

France isn't a blob! OMG, but Castile is way too powerful for my liking.
year 1695

The_Pursuader said:
It's moddable. I created some new religions for a mod I'm working at. afaik all colours can be modded by changing numbers in the country textfiles, very simple but I can't remember where exactly (ain't at home atm)
I know, but I'm too lazy to do it. I changed the color of Ming to purple when I played as them. :)

This is really one really intense naval fights, it could decide the outcome of war. Denmark DOW me out of nowhere with her massive fleet... but too bad :p, i build a bigger one soon :) (note: that's carrack to carrack fight)

this naval battle is so nicely won by my lovely admiral :D

but i am still wondering how come Denmark is so impressive in WWM... not to say the Malmuks actually later joined the fun after France DOW me again. (that's 3 brainless wars)

eu319fp5.jpg

it seemed that i had to prepare for DOWs from perhaps, Aztec empire, Ethiopia, soon.

wow, I had never seen a Portugal so big before, nice job ;)

First time I've reached the end of the 18th century, I'm GB and apparently the world's foremost superpower judging by the ease with which I can handle Castille and Scandinavia combined. Europe has been pretty peaceful for about a century except a couple of Castillian-Scandinavian wars and one war between me and Castille that resulted in everyone else DoWing me out of opportunism.

I think that Castille might be the most interesting country on this map because they ate Portugal and Granada early and reduced Aragon to just Barcelona and its 2 Mediterranean island provinces but then stopped short of taking over. Much later they colonised almost all of South America and apparently relocated their entire army there because when I looked again Aragon had taken about 3 Iberian provinces and Portugal and Granada had re-emerged and occupied the entire peninsula (unfortunately they couldn't get a good peace deal because of the extent of Castillian overseas territory). All of the South American colonial nations were released after a war that I declared against Castille (actually for the express purpose of releasing those nations). At some point they went Protestant.

Scandinavia formed and colonised, I later forced them to release Quebec, Canada and Denmark. They also inheritted the remnants of France once I'd reduced BBB to about 6 provinces but through some espionage I managed to get the Cosmopolitaine Nationalists riled up enough to take back some of that land and reform France. Scandi is HRE because I went republican, also they're still Catholic which turned them from my best friends to biggest rival when I converted.

No Russia, Lithuania and Nogai dominated that region pretty early on (with some weird Lithuanian conquest in the Malay peninsula occurring at some point in the mid 17th century as far as I can make out :confused: ). Ming reached the Caspian then spectacularly imploded (literally 3/4 or more under rebel control), releasing the Timurids (who did nothing, but I figured their existence so late on is notable)

Milan just needed Roma to form Italy but for some reason gave up on that and conquered most of the Balkans and seized some Scandinavian colonies in SA aswell. They went and ruined it by repeatedly DoWing me and while they held their own marvelously against the OE, I took a string of provinces between Brescia and Liguria (I later got Provence off Castille). With Lombardia cut off from the rest of Italy and nationalist rebels appearing suspiciously quickly (almost as soon as the British withdrew from a province in fact ;) ) a lot of Italian states quickly became independent and Milan as a major power was as good as over.

The other thing I enjoyed was my vassal, Brittany, becoming a colonial power :D . A massive help in wars against Scandinavia. I force-vassalised them very early on (in my second war with France i think) but they were just so helpful as an ally, turning up in India, Africa, Canada, Scandinavia and Iberia that I just couldn't bring myself to diplo-annex them.

Big Blue Blob... with a twist. ;)

Behold Scottish Constitutional Republic! :)

Couple things to explain. I changed that pathetic yellow colour to something more appropriate to fit nice Tartan Army flag (not visible of course). For majority of the game I was allied with France and Milan (yes they raped half of Europe). For ~200 years Poland was dominant country in Europe spreading from like Munich to Moscow and from to Helsinki to Athens and Istanbul. And in space of 30-50 yrs they imploded completly. I did not played BB wars. I always waited till my BB return to 0.00 so I couldnt dominate world completly.

I think I did pretty well for a Scotland. ;) I started this game 3 times until everything clicked as it should. I went broke twice. Everything in the name of preventing France, Portugal, Castille and England from gaining colonies in North America. And after that it was smooth ride, if you know what I mean. :D

My aim wasnt creation of UK for obvious reasons (Im not Scot/Briton :) ).